Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Miley Cyrus Apologises for Hip Hop Remarks

Stef

Featured Posts

LUCARTPOP
Just now, RoverLoader said:

Yes. Sorry not a fan. Only my inconsequential opinion tho :ohwell:

I don't want to act all SJW, but just because you are a fan doesn't mean you should come for someone's looks, it's rather ironic considering we literally stan the woman that wrote and sang Born This Way. :awkney:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RoverLoader
1 minute ago, ILOMILO said:

I don't want to act all SJW, but just because you are a fan doesn't mean you should come for someone's looks, it's rather ironic considering we literally stan the woman that wrote and sang Born This Way. :awkney:

Well I never said it was  bad thing tho? I'm a big big beer fan and I often lose my bottle opener. She could be quite useful to me! Also, she has veneers. I'm not sure "born this way" applies here. :huntyga:

RoverLoader
1 hour ago, Earthfan said:

The ignorance in some of these replies for not seeing a problem with it. Yikes. 

I actually love Miley and have her new EP on repeat but it's important to note that white privlidge is being able to 'apologise' for something like this and people suddenly forgiving you and treating you normally whilst coloured people continue being oppressed and nothing they do can change how they're treated. 

You're using the term "coloured" making your post rather ironic. I'm mixed race...no one has used the term coloured since the 90's....:reductive:

erfaan
1 hour ago, RoverLoader said:

You're using the term "coloured" making your post rather ironic. I'm mixed race...no one has used the term coloured since the 90's....:reductive:

Of course. It's easier to pick out smaller conversational topics rather than actually speak about the more pressing issue here on hand. People of Colour is a term a lot of us are comfortable using. Apologies if the phrase offended you.

------------------------

My point being is that white people think 'niceness' and 'apologising' is an easy way out of racial inequality. It's not. These conversations are so important yet we don't have them because, by virtually every measure, racial inequality persists, and continue to be overwhelmingly controlled by people who are white. The book 'Why Im No Longer Talking to White People about Race' is a good place to start. 

If Miley (or any person that is white) asks themselves “How has your life been shaped by your race?” they'd probably be unable to answer however this is not a difficult question for people of colour to answer unfortunately. 

JustHMLover
6 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

Read my first reply, the one "you didn't get", that's what she meant, I quoted it word for word except the last part I explained. You're interpreting it that way because you hate her or something :sis:

sure han :sharon:

Archived