💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ava Max Is Making More Sweet But Psychos'

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

She said: "I am straight up, unapologetically pop. The album that is coming out this year is straight on what you expect with more 'Psychos'. If you are not expecting more 'Psychos' then I don't know.

"It's definitely more sonically the same."

https://helenair.com/entertainment/music/ava-max-has-beans-for-breakfast-in-the-uk/article_250de6a0-4aff-5362-9e79-086e904f8d07.html

Her next smash hit is coming. :applause:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enzo

Yeah we been knew

So Am I is the same thing but with some altered stems :poot:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

ELECTROHEART

Ugh i'm excited :diane: don't quote me :diane:

Inb4 it comes before LG6 :triggered:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

whore

Wow I can’t believe she just admitted to saying she’s attempting to make an album of entirely the same song :flop:

The13thNote

I feel like she really is at this point trying to take pointers from early Gaga. Like....Gaga said the same thing...that she was unapologetically pop and what she does is pop and she has no shame in it. 

The main difference is that Gaga said she was never gonna be trying to repeat herself. So it kind of feels like she is trying to do that formulaic version of what Gaga already did. I'm not hating on her for this....but whenever an artist says..."I found something that works, I'm going to stick with that" it actually starts to feel forced and takes away from the magic of pop.

There was an article the other day about this why pop is failing on Billboard. It was talking about the reason Katy, Taylor, and Miley are flopping is essentially because they know their gimmicks too much and there is no irony to what they are doing. They aren't "in on their own joke". 

I hope Ava doesn't fall into that and become more like a dark Meghan Trainor type where you can't escape your one hit sound. 

To all the new girls: stop trying to be "legendary" and "iconic" on your first sound. Gaga is over a decade in and she still won't refer to herself this way. 

You're gonna get caught up in one sound and never be able to seriously leave it. 

JazzGa

So Am I sounded exactly like Sweet But Psycho. You can sing one's chorus over the other. They had very similar chord progressions. You can shift one down a key and it's identical to the other.

So why did SBP resonate, but So Am I panned? I think it's because of the lyrical content. 

SBP created an entertaining character, and explored Ava's possible alter egos and stage persona (the psycho crazy girl with half a haircut.) SAI was very different. It attempted to show the "real" Ava who was "just a normal freak like you!" and that didn't resonate.

Anyways, the songs will bop, I'd enjoy it if she she takes some risks with her lyrics but I'm not getting my hopes up for that.

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

MaryJaneHolland
10 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

as if the world hasn't suffered enough :giveup:

This wont magically make Alice happen sis :poot: Enjoy Ava's bops :poot: 

Archived