Apple Music
society

Vatican: Non-binary gender is fictitious

Featured Posts

gagzus
7 minutes ago, Kapi09 said:

Fortunately just 99% of people... :huntyga:
Biolology is the real thing. You can change your apperance but not who you are. We are Born This Way and we should accept our sex...

I swear every time I enter a thread about gender you’re always there imposing your transphobia and thinking you’re special crying for reactions

Edited by gagzus
2012ga is my aesthetic
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Kapi09

Call it whatever you like.
But it is just sad that you can attack Catholics traditions, but if catholics says that not support LGBT it is a big problem. 
sad mood GIF

• LMAO 2

Marilyn MonHoe
21 hours ago, davflz said:

1. I think of gender as a social construct that is partially influenced by biological sex. So most societies have the roles of a "man" and a "woman" because they recognized the distinctive sexes male & female. But there is more to it. When you think of a woman, you don't just think of someone with a vagina and XX chromosomes, do you? You also think of sterotypically feminine things such as long hair, dresses, makeup, shaved legs, high heels, etc. Those things however obviously are not rooted in biology and are just socially constructed ideas. And all of these expectations play a huge role in what "gender" is.

2. There is a difference between rejecting social norms and actually not identifying with your gender. Non-binary people aren't just girls who like having short hair or something. They actually feel a deeper rooted discomfort with their assigned gender (for multiple reasons) and can just live more comfortable outside the binary. To most NB people their gender indenty is something deeply rooted and not just a label to put on yourself for not conforming to social standards.

3. Intersex people are proof that within biological sex there is a grey area and not just male and female. If you translate that knowledge to gender identity, non-binary people make a lot of sense actually. If there are people who literally can't be classified as male or female from a biological standpoint, why wouldn't that also suggest that there are brains that aren't coded 100% male or female. Why would this fluidity of biology only affect chromosomes and genitalia, but not a persons brain and psychology?

Wow thank you for going in depth about this. I actually learned something :applause:

I used to be in the camp that there are only two genders but educated individuals like yourself have persuaded me otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

davflz
2 hours ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

Wow thank you for going in depth about this. I actually learned something :applause:

I used to be in the camp that there are only two genders but educated individuals like yourself have persuaded me otherwise.

You're welcome :kara: My objective isn't to convince everyone of my opinions, but I try to encourage critical thinking on here and it's nice my thoughts gave you a new perspective 

Spoiler

if you're interested in learning more about NB gender theory I'd recommend this video (and the entire channel tbh) 

She's a trans woman (who had not transitioned when this video was made) and I really love her insights into trans related topics :vegas: Plus she's entertaining. Especially her newer videos are brilliant

Edited by davflz
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Gypsy Life

I'm gonna have to agree with them on this one.

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Marilyn MonHoe
15 minutes ago, davflz said:

You're welcome :kara: My objective isn't to convince everyone of my opinions, but I try to encourage critical thinking on here and it's nice my thoughts gave you a new perspective 

Hide contents

if you're interested in learning more about NB gender theory I'd recommend this video (and the entire channel tbh) 

She's a trans woman (who had not transitioned when this video was made) and I really love her insights into trans related topics :vegas: Plus she's entertaining. Especially her never videos are brilliant

Ah yes Contra Points, I’ve been meaning to start watching her videos. It’s funny that you mentioned her since I just finished watching a video where she was debating some right wing nut jobs:ladyhaha:

• Like 1

Thomas P
On 6/11/2019 at 10:34 AM, davflz said:

your God is fictitious :laughga:

As much as I don’t condone what they say, and I condemn a lot of their beliefs, I believe in God, and it’s really rude to shut it down like that. 

OT: another reason why the church needs to rework itself really bad. They sound foolish. 

EDIT: after reading this thread, I’m kind of alarmed at the ignorance. People here shutting down non-binary, like yikes. I get not understanding, and needing an education on the term, but some of you guys need to open your minds a bit before out right shutting down an entire identity :triggered: 

It ain’t cute. 

Edited by Thomas P
Bryoncé, Lorde, Rihanna, Arianna, SZA, and the list goes on

davflz
3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

As much as I don’t condone what they say, and I condemn a lot of their beliefs, I believe in God, and it’s really rude to shut it down like that. 

OT: another reason why the church needs to rework itself really bad. They sound foolish. 

to be clear, I fully respect religious people and I think everyone should practice religion however they want to as long as they don't force their beliefs on people. I'm an atheist/agnostic personally, but also come from a religious environment.

I just commented that mostly because of the comedic potential in reference to the threads title :laughga: Like come on, even if you are religious it's a bit ironic to accuse other people of believing in "fictitious" things when your entire organization is centered around worshiping something that inarguably has no scientific proof. It's like.. don't throw stones if you're in a glass house :huntyga:

Spoiler

again, there being no proof of god doesn't mean you aren't entitled to believe in him, it's just the irony behind their views that I'm ridiculing

• Like 1

davflz
16 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

Ah yes Contra Points, I’ve been meaning to start watching her videos. It’s funny that you mentioned her since I just finished watching a video where she was debating some right wing nut jobs:ladyhaha:

love that lol. Then I think you'd really love her content. It's so refreshing I think. I love how she approaches these far left topics without sounding like the typical morally superior fake-woke "SJW" people. I feel like she creates a space that also allows people that aren't perfectly educated in these topics to engage in the conversation.

• Like 1

davflz
2 hours ago, Kapi09 said:

Call it whatever you like.
But it is just sad that you can attack Catholics traditions, but if catholics says that not support LGBT it is a big problem. 
sad mood GIF

well yeah, maybe that is because Christianity is one of the major reasons queer people have been and are still oppressed. The church actually can have a negative affect on the lives of minorities, not the other way around. Also there is a difference between "attacking" catholics and catholicism itself. Nobody here is disrespecting religious people, you're entitled to practice religion however you want. We are however entitled to ridicule and criticize the religious ideology itself :vegas: people deserve respect, not belief systems.

• Like 1

Thomas P
1 hour ago, davflz said:

to be clear, I fully respect religious people and I think everyone should practice religion however they want to as long as they don't force their beliefs on people. I'm an atheist/agnostic personally, but also come from a religious environment.

I just commented that mostly because of the comedic potential in reference to the threads title :laughga: Like come on, even if you are religious it's a bit ironic to accuse other people of believing in "fictitious" things when your entire organization is centered around worshiping something that inarguably has no scientific proof. It's like.. don't throw stones if you're in a glass house :huntyga:

Reveal hidden contents

again, there being no proof of god doesn't mean you aren't entitled to believe in him, it's just the irony behind their views that I'm ridiculing

Lol sorry I was a bit quick to bite :selena:

Bryoncé, Lorde, Rihanna, Arianna, SZA, and the list goes on
  • LMAO 1