Featured Posts

MonsterOfSpain
2 hours ago, Versace said:

Lady Gaga lead from 4th album - Applause - peaks at #4

Katy Perry lead from 4th album - Chained To The Rhythm - peaks at #4 

Lady Gaga lead from 5th album - Perfect Illusion - peaks at #15

Katy Perry lead from 5th album - Never Really Over - debuts at #15

This can’t be a coincidence :ladyhaha: do Pop Girls share a destiny  

Came here to post this... Damn Katy really is taking copying Gaga's career to a whole new level :ohwell:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucas

I think that's really great considering what happened to her career in the last years :applause:

TEANUS
6 hours ago, OBEY said:

People calling this a perfect illusion but Capitol seems to be sending checks to iHeart Radio for NRO, which PI and Interscope can't relate.

Fixed :v:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Gaga Lazuli

She really is following Gaga’s steps. Applause was #4 and so was Chained to the rhythm. And now NRO is #15 just like Perfect Illusion. Cant wait for her movie “The birth of a Star” 

Little Monsters Torture Me

River

Can't wait for her new single Thousands  Bisons

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

davflz

I hope it's a grower and climbs its way up. NRO is genuinely a great and refreshing pop song that deserves recognition. Especially considering how most of the top 10 is mediocre trash :madge:

RochestrMonstr

That is quite the coincidence! 

Applause spent the next three months in the top ten vs CTTR falling out after one more week.

I wonder if the opposite will happen this time? NRO achieving long-term success while PI was all but forgotten about by Gaga (at least for a lead it was). 

27monster27

With strong enough promotion, this will rise. I feel that Katy needs one decently well know single this era, and one marginally talked about one in order to make at least a Prism level come back in an era or two.

he/him/his

That is the story of every pop singer, once you are up the next down then up again then down again no biggie,  Longevety that is what is important!   I didn't like the song that much but it was fun.  She'll have another number one  again pretty sure. 

TRUMP 2020

LilyLark

Kind of sad, tbh. It shows how much streaming has changed the music industry, and arguably not for the better. Singers shouldn't have to put out random singles every several months to stay in the game and streaming has an out sized influenced on chart placement.

4 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Kind of sad, tbh. It shows how much streaming has changed the music industry, and arguably not for the better. Singers shouldn't have to put out random singles every several months to stay in the game and streaming has an out sized influenced on chart placement.

Yes, the whole thing is a mess.   Just see how long it took Gaga and how many things it had to be involded and in play  for her to get another #1 again.   Streaming just f**ck everything.

TRUMP 2020

Archived