💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Ray of Light: Megarate

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

Phoebe Buffay

madonna-wallpaper-ray-of-light-0003-head

The Queen of Pop released her seventh studio album, Ray of Light, on March 3rd, 1998.

A departure from her previous work, Ray of Light is an electronica and dance album which incorporates multiple genres, including ambient, trip hop, and Middle Eastern music. Vocally, the album saw Madonna sing with greater breadth and a fuller tone. Mystical themes are also strongly present in both the music and lyrics, as a result of Madonna embracing Kabbalah, her study of Hinduism and Buddhism, as well as her daily practice of Ashtanga Yoga. The album received universal acclaim, with reviews commending the singer's new musical direction. Called her "most adventurous" record, Ray of Light has been noted for its introspective, spiritual nature, with Madonna's vocals also being praised. Ray of Light won four Grammy Awards from a total of six nominations. Commercially, the album peaked at number one in several countries including Australia, Canada, Germany, Poland, and the United Kingdom. The album debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200, with the biggest first-week sales by a female artist at the time, and has sold over 16 million copies worldwide.

GUIDELINES:

[1] Rate each song between 1 and 10.
You're allowed one score of an 11 for your favorite track.

[2] Please refrain from trolling!

[3] Be respectful of other's opinions in the thread, and be mindful!

[4] Submissions will end on Saturday 22nd of June.
Ceremony is on Sunday, 23rd of June @ 2:00PM EST.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Drowned World/Substitute for Love - 
2. Swim - 
3. Ray of Light - 
4. Candy Perfume Girl - 
5. Skin - 
6. Nothing Really Matters - 
7. Sky Fits Heaven - 
8. Shanti/Ashtangi - 
9. Frozen - 
10. The Power of Good-Bye - 
11. To Have and Not to Hold - 
12. Little Star - 
13. Mer Girl - 
14. Has to Be - 

TAG LIST:

Spoiler

@GagaInTheZone @FinnishGypsy @LADYGAGASHOOCK @GypsyBabe @The Louvre @Oriane @Woohoo @PerfectCure @calmar @sethrb101 @andrew23 @KinneyUnderYou @Glamourpuss @DiamondKing @FentyGa @StarryNight @Hades@Smother Em Eh @ARTPOPSTER @Modern Ecstacy @highongaga @KatieJudasGaga4 @Punktious @JohnWayne97 @ARPiT @Sherlock112 @DaftFameMonster @teawhore @Lonely Lolita @Jeroen Bloeming @radioactive @AlexTheMonster @PrincessVenus @raginchristians @warholagaga @Marges @Mirages @AlejandrOoO @HorusRa2 @Lana Del Gay

@DelusionalGaga @Sharpay @Florian @FfFfFfFF @DesertWolf @Glittertinks @Dutch @NNES @loathereality @surejan @hausofcy @Bloody Grammys @Flooo @benKo @Bellatrix @Interstellar @TheAlpha @blackstar @Maic @DeluluSwine @Rafr88 @Aleks @TeenIdle @datlastfam

@DONAJENDRO @Blake @Bradley @DutchHooker @dimitristhe @androiduser @HeavyMetalHooka @gumzy3000 @djparky @Edd @old sanuk @klaus @ARTPOPSlays @arrtpop @Cavadour @Henri Bardot @Madame Goo Goo @LanaDelGrant @alextruper17 @chipz @Blue Champagne @ChristianDior @Antichrist @hausofbrice @Yes To Heaven @Lanadelduck @highbythebeach @heda97 @Kylie Jenner @He8MyHeart @FrozenKookie @LustForLife @Poissonche @thierryrreiht @Hybrid Rose @Kiel Gyllenhaal @Jed Mayo @River @NCgaga @swakby @JaneTheC @The Surrealist @Thoth @NIghtmareElm @Gardevoir @Wolf Boy @MaryJaneHolland @TropicOfCANCER @aaron l @Amidana @McYves @Gam @Grigio Boy @jayzer @Kween @Mirrion Rizzons @Noah @TheWitness @Decodekid @slayo@Moebius @LostSpark @HIMER0S @Sinners Prayer @Ugly Boy @Illuminati @joannester @huttont @PerfectGUY @Creyk @Trepadation @London GUY @Davian @Bio @Nirvana @BLACKOUTbritney @Radio Ga Ga @Gia Gunn @ReRe @Saint Hollywood  @FREAK @Lona Delery @Anveeroy @ItsTommyBitch @Vodka @sipthistea @Maleficent @monsterdino  @juju @That J @20cmtop @FlopSlurper @Santa Stefani @bornthisway51 @halcyonpop @Musicisfreedom @MyQueen @shoful @Caldy @Ryusei @Sassy McSass @corvus albus @The Bling @PinkPop @steel @sillynate @GaGaLB @Lazz Monster @Fame Romance @Silvestro Devacelli @badgirlmeat @Ally Campana @Thomas P @Dominic @Blue Madonna @Antonio @TheShameMonster @lost in limbo

PARTICIPANTS:

badgirlmeat

definitely participating :party:

thank you for doing Madonna megarates :party:

🤠

Davian

I’m in as always!:firega:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

DutchHooker

I'm not going to participate, becuase I don't really like the album. COADF is the only album that I completely love and know of Madonna. From the other albums I only know the singles.

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Phoebe Buffay
2 minutes ago, DutchHooker said:

I'm not going to participate, becuase I don't really like the album. COADF is the only album that I completely love and know of Madonna. From the other albums I only know the singles.

Shook you don't love this album. It's her best in my opinion. :pray:

4 minutes ago, Davian said:

I’m in as always!:firega:

5 minutes ago, badgirlmeat said:

definitely participating :party:

thank you for doing Madonna megarates :party:

:heart::ally: Oh I'mma do that either way. Music, American Life, Like a Prayer, MDNA, Hard Candy, Madonna and Like a Virgin are up next. I was gonna do and Madame IT but the good sis @Hades snatched it from me. :ally:

DutchHooker
4 minutes ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

Shook you don't love this album. It's her best in my opinion. :pray:

Well it's too slow and too hypnotizing for me.. I prefer (up-tempo) disco/pop/dance/edm. That's the reason why MDNA is my personal 2nd favorite after COADF :ally:
I only like Frozen and Sky Fits Heaven a little bit.

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Phoebe Buffay
1 minute ago, DutchHooker said:

Well it's too slow and too hypnotizing for me.. I prefer (up-tempo) disco/pop/dance/edm. That's the reason why MDNA is my personal 2nd favorite after COADF :ally:
I only like Frozen and Sky Fits Heaven a little bit.

You don't like Nothing Really Matters and Ray of Light? :lana: They are the danciest songs on the album

DutchHooker
1 minute ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

You don't like Nothing Really Matters and Ray of Light? :lana: They are the danciest songs on the album

Idk, it sounds more like bingo-club dancing :cryga:

jasmine.jpg

Lona Delery
25 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

Can I be removed from all MegaRate tag lists ever please :spin:

same :poot:

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Antichrist

i'll send in my rates if i dont completely forget about it as usually with these megarates :diane:

Archived