Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Everybody is praising Gaga’s Jazz&Piano show

ydnmnme

Featured Posts

LilyLark
21 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

She was also praised by everyone for her Enigma show.

Maybe fans were too busy having a meltdown about one wig and Little Joannesters were too busy to be upset about her being CrazyGa again to care about the great reviews ??

Welp I love Joanne, but you have a point. Enigma is her best reviewed show of all time—lots of raves by music critics who attended the show. Even one of the critics who doesn't usually like her, I think it was the dude who writes for the Atlantic, thought it was well done.

I do think her Jazz and Piano show gets praised though a bit more, because there aren't really a lot of big stars who do that sort of thing anymore. And her vocals are a bit stronger as she isn't having to dance around like crazy.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ziggy
2 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Welp I love Joanne, but you have a point. Enigma is her best reviewed show of all time—lots of raves by music critics who attended the show. Even one of the critics who doesn't usually like her, I think it was the dude who writes for the Atlantic, thought it was well done.

I do think her Jazz and Piano show gets praised though a bit more, because there aren't really a lot of big stars who do that sort of thing anymore. And her vocals are a bit stronger as she isn't having to dance around like crazy.

I’d agree with that. I think it also hits harder because some people are surprised to like J&P as much as they do whereas you kind of expect Enigma to be a great time. So even if it’s a great show (I haven’t seen it), Enigma is, weirdly, the less surprising of the two for some audiences in terms of entertainment value.

artpopulace
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

I would actually love a studio recording of New York, New York, Someone to Watch Over Me, Luck Be A Lady, Coquette, Just A Gigolo, Call Me Irresponsible, Orange Colored Sky

and Fly Me to the Fcking Moon. :bradley:

I need to hear Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Born This Way in their acoustic/jazz realness properly HUHHUHUH

the milky way is 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

1 hour ago, sipthistea said:

Time to ditch Enigma and become a Jazz/Blues/Rock Star forever

if she do that, she can F..k off 

Cavadour
1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

Give us a double live album Queen. 

Enigma / Jazz & Piano

This is a great idea ! :pawsup:

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

hamster11

I was in the audience of this show and the crowd were on their feet after literally every song! When people around me didn’t stand up and gave them a “bitch, don’t try me” look.

Most of the audience were 40s and 50s tho! I was surprised and happy to see her fans of other generations.

They were really amazed! And it’s a show that I need to be professionally recorded AND RELEASED more than Enigma. Haha

Ziggy
45 minutes ago, hamster11 said:

I was in the audience of this show and the crowd were on their feet after literally every song! When people around me didn’t stand up and gave them a “bitch, don’t try me” look.

Most of the audience were 40s and 50s tho! I was surprised and happy to see her fans of other generations.

They were really amazed! And it’s a show that I need to be professionally recorded AND RELEASED more than Enigma. Haha

Frankly, I would be shocked if she didn’t have plans for it at some point. Another PBS special or something. More than Enigma, I think this one is very naturally suited to being filmed even just in the stage layout, how she moves, etc. With Enigma you would need to cut a lot more because the stage design is such that to get the energy of it you’d need a lot more wider shots which would sacrifice focus on Gaga. J&P you don’t really need to expand the scope very much since it’s such a simple stage (respective to Enigma).

giskardsb

J&P is her best live show she's ever done.   I've said it.

sometime in the future a short term Neo-rat-pack residency of Gaga, Buble, and Bruno Mars would be the **** and Vegas would make soooo much money.

I think pop fans get surprised themselves when they go to J&P because they don't really realize that Gaga's voice and personality are the most important thing and that it's quite possible for a performer to keep an audience enthralled without a ton of stage props, dancers, and storylines.

Runway

But liddos keep telling me her vegas shows are a mess and universally panned. Did they get it wrong again ? Uh

JohnnyVersace
4 hours ago, Blue Madonna said:

This era has been truly amazing. ASIB/Enigma/Vegas haters say what you want, but Joanne laid the foundation for her return, and the last year has confirmed it. And she deserves all of it!!

I'm literally enjoying Enigma/Jazz/Vegas more than the Joanne era. 

The shows are fantastic, and she seems to really be enjoying it. 

Haters can stay pressed!

074a4e9a4cb213c18559a8eabb4ce041.gif

hamster11
44 minutes ago, Runway said:

But liddos keep telling me her vegas shows are a mess and universally panned. Did they get it wrong again ? Uh

Oh my God. The Jazz and Piano was nothing but greatness. So classy and funny and intriguing.

LaLa

I’m so glad she’s getting to do the jazz shows, and that they are selling out and people are loving it.

Performing jazz seems to really fulfill her artistically and that’s so important, I’m sure whatever new music we get will be all the better for it. 

Archived