Apple Music
Sign in to follow this  
economy

China to curb exports to US

Featured Posts

Woolfsmck

Also.....

China threatening or imposing rare earth restrictions are retaliatory actions...

Tariffs are being used as political leverage by Trump to get Chinese officials to enforce copy right and ip violations....

... US companies aren't banned from buying RE's or other tariffs products....

Huwaei ban is the only tool to regulate at the moment, which is why all the other G8 countries are on the same page with the blacklist..

Edited by Woolfsmck
like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Economy
Just now, Woolfsmck said:

Also.....

China threatening or imposing rare earth restrictions are retaliatory actions...

Tariffs are being used as political leverage by Trump to get Chinese officials to enforce copy right and ip violations....

... US companies aren't banned from buying RE's or other tariffs products....

Huwaei ban is the only tool to regulate at the moment, which is why all the other G8 countries are on the same page with the blacklist..

All I know is both China and US have a lot of things they can retaliate against eachother

If they don't hold back and let emotion take hold, it's not gonna be pretty... For anyone :triggered:

Woolfsmck
Just now, Economy said:

All I know is both China and US have a lot of things they can retaliate against eachother

If they don't hold back and let emotion take hold, it's not gonna be pretty... For anyone :triggered:

Big problem could averted if China allows restrictions on Huwaei violations imo...

Tariffs are pretty much over kill here and hurt the western  consumers the most

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Economy
Just now, Woolfsmck said:

Big problem could averted if China allows restrictions on Huwaei violations imo...

Tariffs are pretty much over kill here and hurt the western  consumers the most

Tbh in curious to go cross border shopping again to see prices of stuff now with the tarrifs 

Any meaningful change?

Woolfsmck
29 minutes ago, Economy said:

Tbh in curious to go cross border shopping again to see prices of stuff now with the tarrifs 

Any meaningful change?

I dunno, I haven't run to Canada for a few years now

Vitleysingur

Of course, China is the devil of devil according to GGD. 

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Economy
48 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

I dunno, I haven't run to Canada for a few years now

No. I mean any meaningful noriceable changes in US prices since tarrifs

Woolfsmck
13 minutes ago, Economy said:

No. I mean any meaningful noriceable changes in US prices since tarrifs

Not on food, I got a new cell phone last winter(alreadycracked the glass) and it cost more...

Economy
4 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

Not on food, I got a new cell phone last winter(alreadycracked the glass) and it cost more...

Hum

Here is the opposite because of currency

Our currency is down against US Dollar (where more than half our food comes from) so food is up in cost

But the currency isn't down much against other nations including China and we have no tarrifs so Walmart stuff and electronics didn't rise much

Food and rent is what went up the most. Also known as the essentials for living :neyde:

Woolfsmck
50 minutes ago, Economy said:

Hum

Here is the opposite because of currency

Our currency is down against US Dollar (where more than half our food comes from) so food is up in cost

But the currency isn't down much against other nations including China and we have no tarrifs so Walmart stuff and electronics didn't rise much

Food and rent is what went up the most. Also known as the essentials for living :neyde:

Since I get around a lot I do notice regional price differences... food..fuel.. hotels has all are very much high in California an New York ... heavy liberal tax the **** out of ... states 

Edited by Woolfsmck

Economy
20 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

Since I get around a lot I do notice regional price differences... food..fuel.. hotels has all are very much high in California an New York ... heavy liberal tax the **** out of ... states 

I think taxes are only part of the story

NY and California are both among the most densely populated as well as wealthier states with above national average wages

Both factors tend to raise the cost of things

Taxes would be a 3rd factor

Woolfsmck
12 minutes ago, Economy said:

I think taxes are only part of the story

NY and California are both among the most densely populated as well as wealthier states with above national average wages

Both factors tend to raise the cost of things

Taxes would be a 3rd factor

Property taxes force small business to pay higher rent, ie higher prices ,  supply and demand are always a factor for free markets.

Woolfsmck

@Economy

And anyone interested

https://www.investopedia.com/why-contrarians-say-china-s-rare-earth-trump-card-may-backfire-4690070?utm_campaign=quote-yahoo&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=referral&yptr=yahoo

This is a pretty good analysis of the rare earth chip in the trade war...

Note that China is the largest supplier @ 16%  numerous other sources will gladly pick up the slack should they try to limit them...

Much like oil and the middle east, cutting production will ultimately reduce their share of the market and simply cause a hiccup in prices

Edited by Woolfsmck