Yeah it’s my least favourite Katy album. Has a few good songs:

legendary lovers

by the grace of god

walking on air

dark horse 

but generally meh 

literally the only good songs on the album

Bio

Lol International Smile is probably one of Katy’s worst songs. I really like Love Me, Double Rainbow and Spiritual from the second half. 

StrawberryBlond

I totally agree. I think it's her worst album. After TD, it was clear her team wanted a very similar follow-up to guarantee success, so her "really f**king dark" album didn't materialise because she decided to "let the light in" which makes it totally clear that her label called the shots here. The only songs I liked were Dark Horse, By The Grace Of God and It Takes Two (the last one wasn't even on the standard). The songs are pretty childish and not as well-written as previous work, just cliche, generic, forgettable. I still can't remember what Love Me sounds like - as soon as I hear it to remind myself again, I immediately forget afterwards. Every title on this album looks like it was meant to appeal to kids and teens and tracks that approach real maturity are on the deluxe. There's even clear attempts at trying to recreate some previous hits (Roar is trying to be Part Of Me, Dark Horse is trying to be a more modern E.T., This Is How We Do is trying to be Last Friday Night so much) but just sound like sub-par knock-offs. I think it's this album that brought down her career before Witness ever could. I think there were so many regretted purchasers of that album (probably bought blindly based on the first few singles alone) who thought "never again" afterwards. You could see by the reduced sales, less #1's and the failure of later singles from that cycle that there was going to be trouble ahead and I'm the only one who seemed to tell that.

Anveeroy

Double Rainbow is the only I enjoy from Prism :ally:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

androiduser

"boring" is the most boring word used to discredit an album (or song, artist)... it's basically a word used to discredit somebody's work without putting any effort to form a more elaborate opinion and give valid points. And - surprise - it's mostly used by stand of one artist to describe the word of a "competing" diva. :tea:

Archived