đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Kim Petras is iconic.... pls help

Lanadelduck

Featured Posts

aaron l
33 minutes ago, AMENiCURE said:

aside from being a complete sell out on recent tracks + dr luke on production, yes i think shes a decent indie popstar

Her latest tracks have literally been some of the best pop tracks in years

gypsy101

i love most of her first era’s music though not really the second that’s going on right now

her working with Dr Luke is super problematic

joannesrats

I know there isnt any proof of Kesha’s sexual assault allegations, but if she’s on her own private label then she has no contractual obligations to Dr. Luke and doesn’t need to be working with him. There have been many top songs made by people other than him. There’s no excuse for not believing the victim, so I won’t give her a single stream of mine. 

Lanadelduck
1 hour ago, Schizophonic said:

i dont really blame her. its so hard for a young transgender woman to step into the showbiz.

I had NO idea she was trans. 

Lanadelduck
1 hour ago, ChrisGaga said:

She is amazing!! Her songs are PERFECT POP SONGS, like Katy Perry etc. used to do them around 2012. 

Back then she was "only" a songwriter for other popstars as JoJo. Then in 2017 she started her own solo career with her debut single "I Don't Want It At All" (Perfect song:firega:)

Since then she released a lot of singles and one EP. Some weeks ago she started releasing one new song every thursday. These songs are all gonna end up on her debut album coming soo (rumored to be called "Broken"). It might be an album with two sides. The first one is more urban, with a trap influence (reminds me of Ariana's style lately), and the other side is really catchy pop, like we used to know Kim for. The single covers are blue and pink, blue for urban and pink for catchy pop.

All her releases are selfreleases on her own label Bunhead.

Kim is a bit problematic for some people on here because she works with one of the best pop producers out there "Dr. Luke". I don't know if you know the story behind this, but Kesha said that he allegedly raped her. There is no proof on this so we don't know what happend! In my opinion it's wrong to prejudge someone, even though we know nothing about it, and weren't there when it happend, or not. So I think there is no problem working with him. He is insanely talented!

Kim is about to kick off her first tour "Broken Tour" soon, so if you like to see her, check out her website: www.kimpetras.com

I'm gonna see her in cologne! Soo excited!! :staymad::firega:

I think she sound great live. Check it out here:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for this info!  The whole Kesha/Dr. Luke thing is not something that I agree with though but is irrelevant to my request on Kim info.   Actually didn’t know he produced some of Kim’s records until this thread. 

Maleficent

there was nothing proven against dr luke so she has the right to believe whatever she wants without judgement. if she chose to ignore proof and evidence she’d be problematic. 

MrDarkGa

I discovered Kim last October when she dropped her Halloween Mixtape. I fell so hard amd so fast for her and have followed her career closely ever since. Imo she doesnt have a single bad song. And the fact she is dropping a sequel mixtape on October 1st has me so excited and makes it one of my top 5 most anticipated "pop" projects of the year. 

Nikolai Barrow

I have mixed feelings about her because she is super talented and i really love her work. But i full heartedly believe Kesha. So the fact she works with Dr. Luke does make it hard for me sometimes to listen to her music.

Antichrist
1 hour ago, aaron l said:

Her latest tracks have literally been some of the best pop tracks in years

you sir, have quite a 'definition' of best pop tracks in years.

her lyrics, imo, are average at best, mostly cringy crap, especially these last few singles, god forbid.

aaron l
4 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

you sir, have quite a 'definition' of best pop tracks in years.

her lyrics, imo, are average at best, mostly cringy crap, especially these last few singles, god forbid.

It is my opinion so.

Her lyrics make me feel good and that's all I ask for in pop music.

I thought Kesha said dr. Luke abused her. She also said he raped Katy Perry, who said Kesha is lying. I don’t know What happened. But to say that Kim Petras is problematic for working with someone who “might” be abusive is foolish. When there is no proof, everyone has to make their own mind up and act accordingly. She has decided to work with him, and that’s her decision. Who the hell are we to judge? I’m also not advocating we don’t listen to what Kesha says. I’m just saying it’s lousy to equate her with your personal feelings about what someone she works with *might* have done. 

Also, I agree with the user above who said Kim’s been selling out with her last few singles. She’s had a ton of great singles, but lately it’s been quantity over quality. 

Archived