Featured Posts

OBEY

So according to Forbes Shawn made 38$Million and Gaga 39$Million? :air:

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jaXXXon
57 minutes ago, Runway said:

Did beyonce top itunes yet? It’s a dead platform so it should be easy for someone of her relevance :poot: 

Just because sales on iTunes are waaaaay down doesn't mean it's "easy" to top. Just because album sales are waaaay down from the early 2000s doesn't mean it's easier to go #1. 

An average hit album sold 5 million in the US alone back in 2000. An average hit album sells 500k-1 million nowadays in the US. Selling 10k on iTunes today is NOT the same as selling 10k in 2012. 10k in 2012 is like 1k nowadays, so Bey's Spirit would've still reached the #3 position in 2012, just with higher sales. Instead of 4k, she'd sell 20k but then the #1 position (OTR) wouldn't sell 40-50k, but 150k instead. I'm just trying to tell you that since OVERALL sales on iTunes are down, it's just as hard to top it as it was five years ago, just with smaller sales. 

So... your statement isn't smart. Just like OTR would've been at probably 5 million in sales back in 2012, it's at 1 million in 2019. Just because you don't need sh!tloads of copies to go to #1  the statistics are still the same: out of 1 million iTunes customers this week, 10 percent will buy the #1 song. Out of 10 million iTunes customers in 2012, 10 percent would buy the #1 song. Capiche? 

S0436

It’s like 2018 again in the UK iTunes chart:

Shallow #24

ARUTW #38

INLA (Extended) #65

ASIB OST #7

Runway
42 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

Just because sales on iTunes are waaaaay down doesn't mean it's "easy" to top. Just because album sales are waaaay down from the early 2000s doesn't mean it's easier to go #1. 

An average hit album sold 5 million in the US alone back in 2000. An average hit album sells 500k-1 million nowadays in the US. Selling 10k on iTunes today is NOT the same as selling 10k in 2012. 10k in 2012 is like 1k nowadays, so Bey's Spirit would've still reached the #3 position in 2012, just with higher sales. Instead of 4k, she'd sell 20k but then the #1 position (OTR) wouldn't sell 40-50k, but 150k instead. I'm just trying to tell you that since OVERALL sales on iTunes are down, it's just as hard to top it as it was five years ago, just with smaller sales. 

So... your statement isn't smart. Just like OTR would've been at probably 5 million in sales back in 2012, it's at 1 million in 2019. Just because you don't need sh!tloads of copies to go to #1  the statistics are still the same: out of 1 million iTunes customers this week, 10 percent will buy the #1 song. Out of 10 million iTunes customers in 2012, 10 percent would buy the #1 song. Capiche? 

I’m just going by what her fans have been telling me since Shallow was released 

Boris2
54 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

I think he/she was being sarcastic  :poot:

OT- Shallow 40 weeks, but we been knew 

Biagio2103

A Star Is Born is the third best-selling DVD and Blu-ray in the UK during the first half of the year, behind Bohemian Rhapsody and Venom (this one, however, for only 1500 copies). It's above films like Mary Poppins Returns, Aquaman, Bumblebee, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/million-seller-bohemian-rhapsody-is-officially-the-biggest-film-of-2019-so-far__26092/ 

I'm only good at being bad

JustTea
4 hours ago, OBEY said:

So according to Forbes Shawn made 38$Million and Gaga 39$Million? :air:

jimmy fallon fake news GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Spoiler

They don't have real numbers from Gaga, only their own estimates. I believe she got 60M+ :vegas:

Kindness Ponk

Just got back from the screening of one certain movie and yeah the voice acting is bad.

OT: Shallow charting 

weed

idg how the ME! signed booklet being upgraded to a Lover BOOKLET  + ME! CD is a scam/going to count towards billboard for album sales

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived