Chart Discussion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LittleMichael
1 hour ago, Biagio2103 said:

1. Is a No. 15 debut for "Never Really Over" better, worse, or about what you would have expected for a new Katy Perry solo single?

Eric Frankenberg: About what I’d expect. If we were still in the iTunes era, its No. 3 debut on the Digital Sales Songs chart would be enough to make “Never Really Over” a top 10 hit. But it might be tough for the veteran pop star to compete with the titles that are out-streaming her, like “The London,” “Earfquake,” and even the nearly-year-old “Sicko Mode.”

Coming off an underwhelming era like Witness, the No. 15 debut feels reasonable, after she hit No. 4 with the highly anticipated “Chained to the Rhythm” and missed the top 40 with follow-ups “Bon Appetit” and “Swish Swish” in 2017. Similarly, Lady Gaga debuted and peaked at No. 15 with “Perfect Illusion,” a presumed comeback single after the relative chart disappointment of 2013’s ARTPOP (which also topped out with a No. 4 single, “Applause”). The tit-for-tat comparison ends there for now, but perhaps in two-to-three years, Perry too can return to the summit with her own Oscar-winning power ballad. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8515503/katy-perry-never-really-over-five-burning-questions

giphy.gif

Runway
1 hour ago, Biagio2103 said:

he tit-for-tat comparison ends there for now, but perhaps in two-to-three years, Perry too can return to the summit with her own Oscar-winning power ballad. 

The wishful thinking :ladyhaha:

Doncho

Reminder that the Grammys 2020 eligibility period will end in 2 and a half months. ARUTW is coming :pray:

Widows Kiss
4 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Not here for a Taylor x Katy collab. :air: 

The All Too Well vocalist and "got me spread like a buffet" singer-songwriter are about to flop again :air:

Andreu
2 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Reminder that the Grammys 2020 eligibility period will end in 2 and a half months. ARUTW is coming :pray:

I seriously see ASIB winning something on the next grammys more than ever, the last months were kinda quiet

Widows Kiss
2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I seriously see ASIB winning something on the next grammys more than ever, the last months were kinda quiet

I have a feeling that Beyonce and Billie are going to get spoon-fed by the Grammys...

Andreu
2 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

I have a feeling that Beyonce and Billie are going to get spoon-fed by the Grammys...

Praying ur not a psychic

Doncho
7 minutes ago, Andreu said:

ASIB has a good shot at Soundtrack album (and maybe a nomination for Album of the year). But so far, ARUTW has no competition for Pop Solo Performance :ally:

Song for Visual Media would be cool but I dont know if they will nominate it

Runway
1 minute ago, Doncho said:

ARUTW has no competition for Pop Solo Performance

Bad Guy will win that me thinks

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived