Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
new music

Madonna - Dark Ballet

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

Why is it that all I heard was a slowed down version of Ace of Base - "It's a Beautiful Life." :sharon:

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • LMAO 2

geopang

This song does absolutely nothing for me. I still love Medellín, Rise, and Crave though

Cerny

Best track so far, followed by Medellín and Crave, imo, which I really like and enjoy respectively, though this one I love. 

I’m not familiar with Emmanuel Adjei’s work but this video is very special and Mykki Blanco is perfect for it. Madonna continues to use her platform to put persecuted and dehumanized groups at the forefront and that fills me with joy. Providing visibility through her art is clearly one of her biggest priorities.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

simbiosis

I'm completely in awe of this song and video. The song is so different, weird, and sonically experimental, nothing like anything ever produced. This song by itself is the true representation of the musical genius and creative force that this woman is almost 40 years into her career.

As I listen to the song, I got all these different emotions running through me, like an emotional journey of sorts.

As for the video, it is absolutely stunning. The story, cinematography, light, colours, everything produces this unique feel that just complements the song.

For me, one of the most significant things in the video is also the placing of Joan of Arc's quote and the start and Mikki's at the end, which produces this poetic parallel between the pain and suffering experienced by Joan of Arc in the 15th century because she was seen as 'Other', the same way that a black queer HIV+ man is seen as 'Other' in the 21st century. To make this happen, Madonna takes a step back in her own video, only appearing in 3 or 4 shots, to place at the centre someone who represents those who are most ostracised in our society -- a person of colour, a queer person, an HIV+ person!

THIS IS ART. ART WITH MEANING. ART WHICH PUSHES BOUNDARIES. ART THAT PUSHES FOR CHANGE. AND MADONNA IS ALL OF IT! MADONNA IS ART.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

DreamingMonster

The video us great! 

The lyrics are also good

But the song itselfs goes a bit nowhere... I don't know 

• Like 1

GagaInTheZone

Damn I love this song so much, experimental, dark, political, interesting and unexpected instrumental, what I consider the bridge with her talking is amazing, I hope the album will have more gems like this!

Edited by GagaInTheZone

Silvestro Devacelli

Edited by Silvestro Devacelli

Illuminati Freak

I dunno I like the message behind the video but it really did nothing for me. I adore the song itself and I'm a huge fan but this Joan of Arc theme she's rehashed over three album releases now. MDNA, Rebel Heart and now Madame X. It's a bit reductive to be honest. 

Villanelle

The constant use of autotune to disguise her ailing voice is blatant at this point.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

elijahfan

The second part of the song is interesting. But it's still pretty underwhelming, just like everything I heard from the record so far....

dimitristhe

That song is pure art, I didn't expect it to be so f*cking good! I was a bit disappointed from the other songs (I kinda like I Rise and Crave) but now I have high hopes for Madame X. 
I listen to this on loop for hours now... I can't take it out of my head, especially after 1:34 :giveup::giveup::giveup:

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Maleficent

The comment section for Dark Ballet is 95% Spanish--watch DB become the "Despacito" level hit Medellin wanted to be lmao 

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician