Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Matthew Koma skulldrags Zedd in Insta post

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

Transcript:

Spoiler

In response to years of "What happened with you & Zedd". I wanted to be finally transparent about this...it's a really sad truth because I'm extremely proud of the work he and I did together...unfortunately my good feelings toward those songs have all but disappeared as they were experienced alongside someone so toxic and self serving that it occupied the space where any happiness could exist. It's not that dramatic of a story and it comes down to something simple. Sh*tty people suck, and when they're successful, people are afraid to blow the whistle.

I met Anton before he signed to Interscope - we were put together to work on songs for his record - 2 of which became his first singles. Spectrum and Clarity. We met as "equals". From the beginning, his inferiority complex was made obvious (which seemed absurd, because his contributions were so wonderful when he was involved in his production.) The blows started small - him giving interviews about the "the lyrics he wrote" (I worte every word and melody) with no mention of my name, not being paid for singing on Spectrum until 2 or 3 years of fighting for a fee, him producing a song I worte called "Suitcase" for my album and then not allowing me to release it - instead insisting it was released as "ZEDD" with another featured singer or I couldn't have it. I had to wait 4 years to put a different version out. Writing "Find You" with him in Japan and him actively telling me he didn't want my voice on the song, but since it was recorded literally on Christmas to meet a deadline, maybe it was to find someone I guess? Mind you, this is after I wrote 3 of his four first singles and helped him have one of the biggest songs of that year. I had to talk him out of keeping my voice on Clarity pitched up, because it sounded like a remix. I encouraged him to find a female singer who could really nail it. We tracked several singers on it before Foxes killed it. I wanted it to be great for him. He won a Grammy for it - I wasn't invited. There's a documentary about "the making of zedd" (lol) and I was the only collaborator not invited to the premiere or asked to be interviewed for the movie. More or less, I was just brushed under the rug while he took all the credit, which felt confusing because the millions of people who connected to Clarity and those other songs, seemed to have connected to the lyrics/emotion/melodies I had written. But he deemed his Kick Drum sound the driving force and left me out of all shared credit. I rememeber doing a TV show with him when I was sick and asked him to lower the key of the song so I could sing well, and he refused because "his track wouldn't have sounded good". Another similar instance where he refused to chang the key and I came to find out it was because he could only play piano in the key of C and the keyboard wouldn't transpose. Sort of contradicted the whole "genius classical pianist" persona. For years I thought it was maybe me, but over time, I'd run into other people who worked with him - other writers/singers/producers/DJs/people on his own team...and the sentiment was shared. He's the worst.

With millions and millions of dollars and so many hit songs, you'd think you could afford to treat people with kindness and appreciate their role helping you achieve your dream. Those songs allowed me the opportunity to work with so many electronic producers and artits and there are so many incredible people who work so hard at their craft. I could make a way bigger list of DJs I worked with, who made me feel valueable and treated me with mutual respect. Some seriously great people in that world who I'm so grateful to have met. Anyway, this isn't a unique story. Ego, success, it's all happened and been told before. Especially in the context of music. But for those always wondering why there was never more music from the two of us, it wasn't really my choice. Now, he has plenty pf people who write his songs and produce his tracks and help him continue on his trajectory. But I rather work at Starbucks and clean the toilets than ever experience that abusive dynamic ever again. Toxicity doesn't breed happiness. Alexa, play "Happy Now". Actually please don't.

Yes, I transcribed this entirely myself in 15 minutes, my fingers are glowing.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

he produced the worst album of Shania, her comeback was disappointing!

But yeah he's right, if he tells the truth, Zedd had to treat him better.

3 minutes ago, Bambino said:

tl;dr version please

why there's a  DIC in your avi pic?:deadbanana:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Ryusei
2 minutes ago, Bambino said:

tl;dr version please

it's not that much... train your attention span or smth :triggered: 

He's saying Zedd is a snake who takes credit for everything and other people also had bad experiences with him.

Musery

RAMROD

That is terrible :triggered:

Didn't know Zedd is that kind of shxtty DJ too. Simply horrifying!

Probably her last song with KP that didn't go anywhere were a form of karma :triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Ryusei
Just now, River said:

why there's a  DIC in your pic?:deadbanana:

that's a hand covering the **** lol

Musery

Bambino
1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

it's not that much... train your attention span or smth

He's saying Zedd is a snake who takes credit for everything and other people also had bad experiences with him.

thing is I only know Zedd and idk why I pretended to be interested :giggle: :flop:

Bambino
3 minutes ago, River said:

why there's a  DIC in your avi pic?

there is not

that's a hand

2 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

that's a hand covering the **** lol

the t-shirt is doing more than enough too

ItsTommyBitch

WOW.

Expose him :golfclap:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Bambino said:

tl;dr version please

Matthew alleges that
• Zedd is a huge, ungrateful asshole and hard to work with
• He has an enormous ego and inferiority complexes about only being able to play piano in one key (C major)
• He fought Zedd for 3 years because he didn't pay him his performing and songwriting royalities
• He was very toxic while working together and often put Matthew down
• He took credit for writing the lyrics to Clarity, which he absolutely did not according to Matthew (he wrote them on his own)
• Matthew performed together with him in Japan and asked whether he could lowere the key of the song (because Matthew was sick at the time) and he refused because "the song would sound bad then"
• All of Zedd's current work is done by ghostwriters and ghostproducers and that he absolutely has no involvment anymore in his music

highlikegaga

i wonder what Gaga truly thinks about zedd after reading this

Bambino
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Matthew alleges that
• Zedd is a huge, ungrateful asshole and hard to work with
• He has an enormous ego and inferiority complexes about only being able to play piano in one key (C major)
• He fought Zedd for 3 years because he didn't pay him his performing and songwriting royalities
• He was very toxic while working together and often put Matthew down
• He took credit for writing the lyrics to Clarity, which he absolutely did not according to Matthew (he wrote them on his own)
• He performed together with him in Japan and asked whether he could lowere the key of the song (because Matthew was sick at the time) and he refused because "the song would sound bad then"

thanks for the effort :hug:

and oh Zedd is dat G.U.Y

Archived