💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madame X: Reviews

Hades

Featured Posts

Maleficent

Excited for Dark Ballet, God Control, Killers, Extreme Occident, and I Don’t Search I Find the most... 

Interesting no ones talking about Come Alive and Crazy, considering it is VERY rare for Madonna not to get top billing in terms of songwriting... (even when she didn’t write most of the song, like Open Your Heart, she usually is given top billing)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LouiseVeronica

Uhm, these might be the best Madonna album reviews of her career, like damn, I have literally NEVER experienced this in a pre album release from Madonna. Like normally I hate critics, and a lot of these reviews still have their agesist sexist bullcrap in them, but like, seems like everyone agrees the album is something really special! Madonna fans are so freakin lucky I sweat tg

TheBatman
Just now, HoldenC said:

You can also low key tell these critics are FUMING the album is so good too. Like if you really read into them, they're subtly throwing backhanded compliments every few sentences because they can't find any negatives in the music itself. Madonna comes out on top as always :gaycat: :whitney: 

You're so right and its absolutely glorious to read! 6.14 cannot come soon enough!!

Hades
9 minutes ago, HoldenC said:

You can also low key tell these critics are FUMING the album is so good too. Like if you really read into them, they're subtly throwing backhanded compliments every few sentences because they can't find any negatives in the music itself. Madonna comes out on top as always :gaycat: :whitney: 

They only drag Killers. They hate that track but only quote the lyrics. No info about its production.:shrug:

Hades

Reviews so far:

The Sun 100/100

Daily Mirror 100/100

Alternative Press 84/100

Q Magazine 80/100

The Times 80/100

The Guardian 80/100

NME 80/100

Rolling Stone 60/100

The Telegraph 60 / 100

goldonline

Can't wait for June 14th. This reviews are getting me hyped. 

Another creative peak for Madonna is on its way. :tony:

metalguru

Madonna's albums are always getting good reviews... Even Rebel Heart pulled some very good ones... Why?

Because all these journalist are 40 something Maddy fans. 

RoverLoader

Interesting that most of the reviews seem to agree that Killers is the Jewels and Drugs of the album :ladyhaha:

nswain1110

"Madame X' finds the star with a glint in her eye (the one without an eyepatch, that is)"

I cackled 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

Hyperballad

Wow alot of stans pressed in here... its so funny to me :ladyhaha:

Hades
23 minutes ago, metalguru said:

Madonna's albums are always getting good reviews... Even Rebel Heart pulled some very good ones... Why?

Because all these journalist are 40 something Maddy fans. 

RH has 68. Most of her recent albums are below 70. If you consider that high then a live Beyonce album getting 98 and all her latest  albums 90 means....:ohwell:

Hades

ANSA

Madonna Madame X, unscrupulous freedom and Latin fusion

The Queen of Pop returns on June 14 with a new provocation

en-35947.jpg

''the dark 'Killers Who Are Partying', where Madonna symbolically identifies herself with the last and the outcasts, professing in the first place the great confusion of the contemporary world. Where the desire to dance does not dominate (as in the reinterpretation of the Brazilian hit 'Faz Gostoso' with Anitta), the tones are in fact often dark: as in 'Dark Ballet', a rhapsody of genres and styles ranging from Cajkovsky's pop to the Nutcracker''

'' in 'God Control', where the 'Like A Prayer' choirs alternate with a disco music arrangement taken from the seventies. In this last track, in particular, the autotune sung by Madonna, constant of the entire album, is almost whispered like closed lips, as if to recall the cover image, where the artist is portrayed with her mouth sewn''

an 'Extreme Occident' condemned to seek himself elsewhere; to get lost in the Parisian images of a love in 'Crazy', or have fun with Maluma's sexual allusions in 'Bitch I'm Loca'; and finally to look back, coming almost to excite his 'Vogue' in the 90s beat dance of 'I Don't Search I Find'.

http://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/cultura/2019/06/06/madonna-madame-x-liberta-spregiudicata-e-fusion-latina_9ef430f7-9508-48d0-87d2-68caa299abb7.html

Hades

MadonnaTribe reports that the Italian press was invited to listen to Madame X yesterday, and their reviews have started appearing:

Vanity Fair Italia: Very positive. The reviewer says that not everyone is gonna like it.

Rockol: Mixed. The reviewers seems most impressed by "Come Alive" and "Faz Gostoso".

Il Manifesto: Very positive.

La Presse: Very positive. The reviewer describes  "Dark Ballet" and "Extreme Occident" as 'successful experiments', and mentions "Killers Who Are Partying" as a highlight.

Paolo Giordano: Very positive. He mentions "Batuka" as one of the best songs on the album. 

Pickline: Mixed. "Crave", "Crazy", "I Rise", "God Control" and Faz Gostoso" are mentioned as highlights.

GingerGeneration: Generally favourable. The reviewer seems most impressed by "I Don't Search I Find", "Killers Who Are Partying", "Bitch I'm Loca" and"Faz Gostoso".

:gayhat:

Archived