Featured Posts

shoful

Are we shocked the Madonna & Mirwais songs have the highest ratings...:firega: 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tom Nook

I feel like I’m one of the few who wasn’t that much of a fan of American Life :emma:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Biden Harris 2024

She's actually a real person's weight now. I think she looks great. I do hope the album does what she wants it to do. I know I'm kind of harsh on her sometimes but if I had a chance to see Madonna or Gaga live, I would choose Madonna.

ice bear

It's so weird seeing a song title i my native language in a madonna tracklist '-'...

i'm optimistic about this era

medellin was a little shy of a start for me

I Rise was an instant fave :o  it's amazing how she manages to make a song that can be considered upbeat with a very simple background (@Miles Away)

Crave is a cute song too but i feel like i'm going to skip it when i have the full album

and Future it's awesome, i'd love it as a solo song tho... the way she uses her voice in this one really reminds me of miley and now that i heard her "She is Coming" EP, i keep thinking that's where this song is from

i'm exited to hear the two songs she teased on her instagram too, the one with the trailer and one she posted earlier this year with a guitar

ice heard one side from above

Hades

80/100  Q Magazine counts for Metacritic.

Highlights: Crave, Dark Ballet, God Control

EB53B33F-FD6E-4497-909E-4EF05964A09D.jpe

With 2012's MDNA and 2014's Rebel Heart, It seemed Madonna was fighting and often struggling, to stay at the center of the pop universe. As a super-saturated blast of The Nutcracker crashes into Dark Ballet, Madame X's second track, however, it feels like there's been a loosening of grip and a new air of recklessness.  Madame X is Madonna's fluid new persona- "A professor. Ahead of state. A housekeeper. An equestrian," apparently- and there is a hyper-mobile flex to this record, all global pop (partly inspired by relocation to Lisbon)  and space-disco production (courtesy of Diplo and Mirwais) Crave's delirious swoon, featuring rapper Swae Lee, or the skin to skin cha cha cha of Medellin kee things at the micro level of human desire but more untethered are the moments  where the record zooms out to look at the bigger picture, as on Dark Ballet's omnipotent state of the planet address: "They're so naive, they think we're not aware of their crimes/We know but we're just not ready to act."  This is Madonna on top of the world, looking down on creation, God Complex at cruising altitude. 

It doesn't always work. The preposterous Killers Who Are Partying is messianic in an "Earth song" style, its mother of the world pomposity overstepping the cosmic mark. Yet I Rise, sampling high-school shooting survivor Emma Gonzalez, or the rage overload of God Control, keep pace with a world out of joint. On Rebel Heart, she recorded the uptight, authority-reasserting Bitch I'm Madonna; here, she sings "Bitch, I'm Loca"' Madonna and the times, it seems, have fallen into step again. ****

Listen To: Dark Ballet/Crave/ God Control.

Hades
46 minutes ago, Halle said:

gosh... i'm SO excited for this albummmmmm  :nooo:

Hopefully we'll get more track descriptions once the reviews are out.:excited2: Most are not available until Tuesday.

Illuminati Freak
On 5/30/2019 at 11:37 PM, AlvariusFlame said:

:KPOP FAN: I don't know how do they qualify the songs but i don't think Medellin deserves a 7.

"Medellin" is doing great on billboard dance charts & rises up to #6 and is the greatest gainer this week. The song is headed to number one with OFFICIAL mixes by Offer Nissim Robbie Rivera John Christian + DJLW and LA95 that have been sent to DJ's so it's getting support. 

LUO YI
On 5/30/2019 at 10:37 PM, AlvariusFlame said:

:KPOP FAN: I don't know how do they qualify the songs but i don't think Medellin deserves a 7.

Me being a kpop fan doesn't change anything. You seem to have a pretty negative view about this but that's not my issue. 

Someone already replied to you. No matter how much you dislike it, you can't change reality. 

The night sky tells all

Battle 4 Ur Life

them downplaying American Life which is one of my favorite albums ever totally cancels their opinion.

I've heard amazing reviews for Madame X. I can't wait for Killers Who Are Partying, Batuka and so many others. Crave is an amazing song + video as well and I'm in the minority who actually love Medellin. so I can't wait for this album it's gonna blow me away I'm sure.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Hades

THE SUN REVIEW

NINTCHDBPICT000494904740.jpg?strip=all&w

WITH just ten days to go until her first album in four years, Madame X, anticipation is mounting for Madonna’s return.

I’m no expert when it comes to the Queen Of Pop so I sent Bizarre’s pop supremo Howell Davies to take a first listen of the full record to see if it lives up to the hype . . .

Madonna's will release her new album in ten days SAY what you like about Madonna – she’s never boring.

In an industry which is quickly becoming devoid of personality, she has returned with her most diverse and out-there record ever.

Madame X sees Madge sing in Portuguese on a handful of the tracks including the upbeat Crazy and Bitch, I’m Loca, on which she teams up with Maluma again.

And she’s as cheeky as ever on the tune, which ends with her telling the Reggaeton star: “You can put it inside.”

Dark Ballet features a high-octane reimagining of the Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy while she addresses under-fire minority groups in Killers Who Are Partying.

I Don’t Search I Find harks back to the Nineties with an ambient trance beat, which is totally different from God Control and Come Alive, which feature vocals by Tiffin Children’s Choir, from South West London.

This collection could easily have felt like a clash of cultures gone too far, but there’s very little she can’t turn her hand to.

It’s ultra-contemporary, packed with variety and totally unlike anything she has done before. Just like she did in 1998 with Ray Of Light, this is Madonna’s reinvention.

https://www.thesun.co.uk

Hades

MIRROR REVIEW

4/5 STARS

1_Madonna-hits-back-at-the-Eurovision-ha

Madame X is “a secret agent, travelling around the world, changing identities fighting for freedom, bringing light to dark places”... but all that can get pretty lonely.

On her new album Madame X, which a select few have been treated to a sneak preview of, Madonna opens up about feeling isolated. The singer has admitted she felt lonely after moving to Portugal to become a “soccer mum” to her Benfica academy football player son David.

On the track Dark Ballet, which she performed at Eurovision, she sings: “I want to tell you about love and loneliness.”

In another track, Killers Who Are Partying, she says: “Wild as the world. Loneliness is the path to come to you.”

She laments her lack of friends in God Control, singing: “People think I am insane and the only friend is in my brain.”

Madonna previously revealed how much she struggled with being alone while living in Lisbon last year and her 14th studio album was born out of her being “depressed”.

On track Crave, the American alludes to being homesick while living in Europe saying: “I’m tired of being so far away” while on Extreme Occident, she sings: “I guess I’m lost. I had to pay the cost.“The thing that hurt me most was that I wasn’t lost.”

Thankfully, while making the much anticipated new album, she collaborated with longtime producer Mirwais as well as pal Diplo.She even made some new friends in the process, including Maluma, who will now help keep her company.

Madame X is out on June 14, and Madonna plays 15 shows at the London Palladium next year

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/madonna-sings-feeling-lonely-lost-16249513

Hades

DAILY MAIL

f5065f9f1a2bdaf782d2e97cc30fd90b.jpg

Ryusei

The dark ballet and God control reviews are across the board amazing, can't wait to hear these 2 trakcs. Also disco on 2 tracks? fmu. 

14 hours ago, Hades said:

And she’s as cheeky as ever on the tune, which ends with her telling the Reggaeton star: “You can put it inside.”

Same :poot: 

Musery

Hades

THE GUARDIAN

4/5 STARS

661.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format

All this baroque weirdness knocks the album off its axis, but most of its 64 minutes are actually full of very decent pop songcraft. Future is her go at pop’s next big trend, roots reggae, and while there is a slight, perhaps unconscious but audible white-person Jamaican accent, it is catchy and full-bodied, producer Diplo shamelessly ripping off the brass from Outkast’s SpottieOttieDopaliscious. She returns to Deeper and Deeper-style house on I Don’t Search I Find, its strings and fingerclicks a clear nod to Vogue. Crazy is beautiful and brilliantly catchy, a midtempo soul ballad that you could imagine Ariana Grande singing, but which has clever detailing like an accordion that has surely been influenced by Lisbon’s fado scene. The most emphatically Latin tracks are all strong, particularly Faz Gostoso with Brazilian superstar Anitta, whose frenetic beat is somewhere between baile funk and Angolan kuduro – another Lisbon-influenced rhythm that also flits through the polyrhythmic Come Alive. Bitch I’m Loco, the second track to feature Colombian star Maluma after lead single Medellín, is reggaeton roughage, but will be satisfying enough booming out of a club system. Perhaps there isn’t an absolutely diamond pop chorus on Madame X, but the singles I Rise, Crave, and Medellín all have elegant, sinewy melodies that twine around you rather than jabbing you into submission.

MORE INSIDE THE LINK:  https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jun/04/madonna-madame-x-review-her-most-bizarre-album-ever

Archived