💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

I started a Youtube channel! Leave BRUTALLY HONEST feedback

brownie

Featured Posts

duckworth

okay so.. the overlay elements dont look  good. design issues mostly. like the subtitles could be smaller and the alignment. the cult trivia thing is good but i don't think that watchers are gonna have time to read them since your content's focused on nitpicking movies. 

alsooo find something to further differentiate your content from Cinema Sins. Cause right now, it looks like Cinema Sins: Horror Movies Edition. 

also that thumbnail. it doesn't look appealing at all. you just need to find like your own design style when it comes to your videos so people can easily distinguish you from other channels cause right now, it looks generic.

alsoo you need a better logo for your channel

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter

First of all, your voice is hot??? What are you talking about you sound very pleasant. 

Second, nice idea! However I felt the video started way too abruptly, there was no introduction or at least like "hey qurls today imma be doing this". Also I would advise you not to directly copy the style of these other channels (like everything wrong with or sins) but adapt them into your own thing so that you are distinguished 

chaeri pls

3 hours ago, DAMN said:

okay so.. the overlay elements dont look  good. design issues mostly. like the subtitles could be smaller and the alignment. the cult trivia thing is good but i don't think that watchers are gonna have time to read them since your content's focused on nitpicking movies. 

alsooo find something to further differentiate your content from Cinema Sins. Cause right now, it looks like Cinema Sins: Horror Movies Edition. 

also that thumbnail. it doesn't look appealing at all. you just need to find like your own design style when it comes to your videos so people can easily distinguish you from other channels cause right now, it looks generic.

alsoo you need a better logo for your channel

3 hours ago, littlepotter said:

First of all, your voice is hot??? What are you talking about you sound very pleasant. 

Second, nice idea! However I felt the video started way too abruptly, there was no introduction or at least like "hey qurls today imma be doing this". Also I would advise you not to directly copy the style of these other channels (like everything wrong with or sins) but adapt them into your own thing so that you are distinguished 

Interestingly, I kind of WANT to be known as CinemaSins: Horror Movies Edition since I absolutely love the OG Sins videos, but most of the older horror movies I want to see sinned will never be covered. Jeremy and the Sins crew openly admit to not really caring for the genre, and they only sin major horror releases like Get Out or The Nun, usually when another major horror movie is releasing. I want to be the CinemaSins for horror fans, since it's a market that the actual CinemaSins isn't interested in. 

More and more people are watching youtube on smaller tablets or phones now too, so I wanted the subtitles to be a bit larger to accommodate! They're not aligned in the center to leave room for the trivia, which often ties directly into the sin or point being made. The goal is that the video is a bit overwhelming at first with things to look at and focus on, so that you come back and rewatch it or like it or just stay focused on it in general. 

I do still hope that my personal adaptions and editing touch help the channel stand on its own though -- I want to be "horror CinemaSins", but also my own thing, ya know? It's why I'll also be branching out with more in-depth critical review vids and sit-down interviews with horror artists / writers / directors. Ideally I'd like to become the top horror youtube channel who also happens to make CinemaSins-like videos as part of the channel schedule. A variety of horror content is the goal! :)

@littlepotter I got enough **** for my lisp growing up that it always stuck with me. Years of speech therapy and I still *kind of* have it, so I've just always been afraid to start a youtube channel and use my voice. I was bullied for it for long enough that I was convinced my voice would be the major flaw with my channel, and that the feedback here would be "the video is fine but your voice sucks", haha. I was honestly prepared for the negative feedback being about my voice and I'm genuinely touched by all the nice responses here! 

gagzus

I really like this, experiment and see where it takes you I personally don’t have a problem with the setup like it’s similarity to CinemaSins or the fonts, subtitles etc my only critique is the pacing, I think you should make the videos shorter, try and keep them to 10-12 minutes max because the average viewer on YouTube doesn’t watch long videos really and even though I do I had moments where I wanted to skip through from boredom or you showing too much of the film, you don’t have to critique EVERY scene just key ones that’ll make your viewer base want to watch said movie still without revealing too much, try and find a balance :D. Finally, practice your vocal delivery for future videos and try to make it less obvious you’re reading a script or aware you’re recording if you get me? I’m gonna subscribe when I get home for sure though and can’t wait for more (you’ve also made me want to watch this movie actually) :D 

If you need help making a unique logo or style I can help wig my graphic design knowledge, also as said above perhaps do a 20-30 sec introduction to ease people in 

littlepotter
On 5/27/2019 at 1:13 PM, brownie said:

@littlepotterï»żï»żï»ż I got enough **** for my lisp growing up that it always stuck with me. Years of speech therapy and I still *kind of* have it, so I've just always been afraid to start a youtube channel and use my voice. I was bullied for it for long enough that I was convinced my voice would be the major flaw with my channel, and that the feedback here would be "the video is fine but your voice sucks", haha. I was honestly prepared for the negative feedback being about my voice and I'm genuinely touched by all the nice responses here! 

Beetch me too! I've always had a lisp, and my friends make light fun of it, but it's thankfully one of the things about me that didn't affect me (because there were much worse lol) but honestly you should remember that nobody notices your own flaws as much as you do. I literally watched a few minutes and did not notice at ALL. You have a similar voice to mine as in deeper and melodic which is a great combo for narration. Flaunt it!

chaeri pls

VTV

@brownie

If ur planning to do more videos like that (with that type of content), add more sassy relevant remarks. U sound bored and whiney. Think of your audience. Think better ways to retain their attention like flashy pop ups or sound effects.

I suggest u do a more original type of content if u wanna be big. And get a proper mic

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

• 4 weeks later...

Just uploaded the second video! I took your guys' advice and redesigned elements, gave it a proper intro, and tightened up the writing. Hopefully the narration is improved too! Going to start properly promoting with the third video very soon. 

Ally Campana

I’m not a fan of the fonts you used for the counter and subtitles. You should talk a little faster to keep the audience engaged cause when I was watching your video (Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla), it felt almost like I was in slow motion.It would also be great if your commentary was a bit louder/clearer and the editing could be better.

Other than that, it’s great. Funny how you’re nervous about your voice.cause you sounded great. Great idea for a channel too. It has potential to become big. 

Does it matter? Damage is done

Ally Campana

Also, make you’re thumbnails more clickbaity so that people will be tempted to check it out. 

Does it matter? Damage is done

Archived