💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

I started a Youtube channel! Leave BRUTALLY HONEST feedback

brownie

Featured Posts

Hey guys! 

Are you aware of film channels like Cinemasins and Red Letter Media and ralphthemoviemaker? Well I started a youtube channel devoted to covering older horror movies in the style of those channels; reviewing more obscure cult classic movies, making 'everything wrong with' videos, and occasionally doing sit down interviews and 'talk show' type videos with horror creators and artists. 

I made my first "everything wrong with" video and posted it today, looking for any and all feedback! Cinemasins, the channel who invented the "everything wrong with" video, notably don't like watching horror movies and never cover older b-movies and grindhouse flicks and syfy movies. I got that covered! All my videos will be critical but also loving tributes to obscure horror movies. 

My main concern is my voice to be honest -- Im not a voice actor or narrator or anything by any means, but can't afford to hire a constant voice actor, or rely on other people constantly doing vocals. Hopefully my voice isn't too rough! 

This first video I just posted to get feedback and see how it does. I have several more planned in the works. Let me know how to improve! i made this steve harvey GIF

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Donna Noble
6 minutes ago, brownie said:

Hopefully my voice isn't too rough! 

Your voice is really nice :wub: The only thing I can come up with is a nitpick, I think you should centre the subtitles for stylistic reasons. But you're doing great! 

Government Hooker-eh

Snorlax

BETCH IM SHOOK. can you do Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers a.k.a. the best horror movie ever 

Pacify Him

Can you do Possession 1981 next? I'm planning on watching it soon

I’m getting on your nerves

42 minutes ago, Donna Noble said:

Your voice is really nice :wub: The only thing I can come up with is a nitpick, I think you should centre the subtitles for stylistic reasons. But you're doing great! 

Thanks dude! I'm pretty insecure about my voice, haha. Subtitles aren't centered to leave room for the trivia pop-ups! 

12 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

Can you do Possession 1981 next? I'm planning on watching it soon

39 minutes ago, Snorlax said:

BETCH IM SHOOK. can you do Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers a.k.a. the best horror movie ever 

I can add these to the list! Fair warning there's about ten videos planned right now and each one takes 20-30 hours to get right -- it may take awhile! HUGE thanks for the interest/requests! :kiss:

ARTPOPSTER

Looks and sounds great! :ally: 

One thing I would suggest is maybe changing the font of the sins, kills, and living dolls on the left, to make it a little easier to read. 

1 minute ago, ARTPOPSTER said:

Looks and sounds great! :ally: 

One thing I would suggest is maybe changing the font of the sins, kills, and living dolls on the left, to make it a little easier to read. 

It's a high-res horror font that unfortunately looks great in Premiere but gets compressed and a tad pixelated when uploading to youtube. :/ A side effect of the H264 codec and long video length. I was debating whether to swap out in future vids -- I like how the font looks uncompressed, but when you add export + youtube compression it does become tougher on the eyes. 

David Ward
50 minutes ago, Snorlax said:

Love that movie and the Halloween franchise altogether

hell yeah GIF

LateToCult

“Midnight kitty” I-

Also your voice is nice to listen to. 

ARTPOPSTER
9 minutes ago, brownie said:

It's a high-res horror font that unfortunately looks great in Premiere but gets compressed and a tad pixelated when uploading to youtube. :/ A side effect of the H264 codec and long video length. I was debating whether to swap out in future vids -- I like how the font looks uncompressed, but when you add export + youtube compression it does become tougher on the eyes. 

I like the font, but like you said it gets compressed. Maybe a different color would make it easier to read?

That was my only suggestion. Everything else is great! :vegas:

Economy

Im gonna subscribe!

GGD has been supportive to my channel so I will return the favour :)

im busy right now to whatch 19 whole minutes but I saw the first 3 minutes. From what I saw it's good so far!!!!

54 minutes ago, David Ward said:

Love that movie and the Halloween franchise altogether

hell yeah GIF

Is it bad that I like the Rob Zombie movies more than the originals? *ducks from thrown chairs* 

47 minutes ago, ARTPOPSTER said:

I like the font, but like you said it gets compressed. Maybe a different color would make it easier to read?

That was my only suggestion. Everything else is great! :vegas:

I'm definitely taking stuff like this into consideration! 

54 minutes ago, BOMSHELL said:

Hm, your voice

giphy.gif

51 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

“Midnight kitty” I-

Also your voice is nice to listen to. 

I have a natural lisp and have never, ever liked my voice and had resigned myself to "I guess if I want to make youtube videos I have to get used to my voice". You guys are making this so much easier. Much love. swoon love GIF by NICOLE DONUT

Archived