đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Taylor Swift - SLAMS interview question on her age and kids

Taylucifer

Featured Posts

LilyLark
13 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I'm not saying this is a "women only" thing. Men don't get it asked as frequently, also they're not getting pestered on social media about it like women do. There's no tabloid articles about Bruno Mars maybe having a baby, meanwhile Gaga being "pregant" makes national news and goes through the tabloids for weeks. Every little weight gain a woman in the public eye experiences is automatically attributed to pregnancy. And a woman in the public eye having a baby is even much more of an event.

Like... it's quite obvious that this is a huge, weird thing society does to women. :poot:

Agree. I think Jennifer Aniston is probably the best example when it comes to public figures. One time, years ago, she said she wanted kids even though she's made it clear she's happy to be childless in following interviews. However the tabloids have accused her of being knocked up dozens of times and portray her as this sad, childless spinster when b*tch appears to be living a fantastic, happy life.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic
7 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Listen, I think you're taking this a little bit too seriously, it's just a little question and it's not sexist :laughga:

And I think you're not taking this seriously enough and your insistence on discrediting a woman's opinion over what is sexist is not good. :shrug: 

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

And I think you're not taking this seriously enough and your insistence on discrediting a woman's opinion over what is sexist is not good. :shrug: 

I'm not talking about her decision on not answering the question, I'm just saying it's not sexist to ask if someone's gonna settle down and have kids, that was never sexist and it's never gonna be, it's just a little question :oops:

Runway

This makes me appreciate gaga answering these type of questions so casually 

River

I think everyone is pressured to have kids, like they don't care that you're the one that stuck with them for life, they just so "worry" that you'll die alone.

I'm 30 and I don't want kids and will never have :excited:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Economy

No offense but that's petty

This isn't about "double standards" in this case

Men can reproduce up to 30 to 40 years older than women. Age is almost a non-factor

For women that is not the case... The window closes much sooner

I think society is getting too sensitive with everything and Taylor Swift is incredibly sensitive herself

Jenina

Whether it's sexist or not I hate when people ask about it. My mom struggled with miscarriages for years and every time someone asked her about this it put her in an uncomfortable situation. You don't know the situation and the person may be struggling with getting pregnant and questions like this don't help. 

cool

SharkmanthaC

2 hours ago, Haylan said:

Maybe it more depends where you are from. 

I have been hassled about not wanting kids/when I'm having kids from age 8 until now, age 35. 

My husband, same age, is rarely asked and if asked, usually by only his own parents. Strangers don't bring it up to him at work like they do with me. He certainly isn't belittled the way I am by being called selfish for not wanting children, and in turn he misses out on being given the "you'll change your mind when you're older" speech. 

Between him and how my brothers are not asked, I'd say in some areas people are very sexist in who and how they ask the question of having children. Perhaps she's had a similar experience.  

In the South (Don't come for me, I have no freakin' clue where Taylor Swift is from) this is pretty normal and I would say it's true for generally all domestic duties, household, cleaning, cooking, etc. People are super sexist about that stuff here. 

50 minutes ago, Economy said:

I think society is getting too sensitive with everything and Taylor Swift is incredibly sensitive herself

I get asked or something is said to me daily about having children.  (I'm 33 and live in North Carolina.) I do not think it is necessarily that I am sensitive about this, I just think that it is no one's business.  And you never know what someone is struggling with behind closed doors. (Or even how long they've been struggling.)  

she/her/hers

Economy
11 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

I get asked or something is said to me daily about having children.  (I'm 33 and live in North Carolina.) I do not think it is necessarily that I am sensitive about this, I just think that it is no one's business.  And you never know what someone is struggling with behind closed doors. (Or even how long they've been struggling.)  

When I get asked that I just think of it as a personal question

Personal questions are questions that aren't really ur business by nature we don't have to get so upset about it :shrug:

SharkmanthaC
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

When I get asked that I just think of it as a personal question

Personal questions are questions that aren't really ur business by nature we don't have to get so upset about it :shrug:

Well yes, I see your point.  I don't get upset with the person in general because I know they mean well.  I just hate that it has become okay to ask such a personal question.  As I said earlier in the thread, it's basically like asking when you and your partner have sex. None of anyone's business.

she/her/hers

hamster11

It’s so stupid of the interviewer to ask such a personal question when she’s there to talk about her work. Some questions are fine to answer if they were asked by families or close friends. Not on a public interview.

Bradley

I think people (including Taylor herself) need to be less sensitive. First of all, like members have pointed out, men are asked about marriage and having kids all the time too, it's not just a women's question.

And, I think sometimes people are trying to make it seem sexist when there isn't sexism in the first place. Having your own family is regarded as wonderful by many people and many women and men look forward to it. The fact that Taylor thought this was sexism is just a little too much imo.

Archived