💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Taylor Swift - SLAMS interview question on her age and kids

Taylucifer

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

It's very important to destroy heteronormative culture. I'm glad she shut that interviewer down :applause:

BUT.. she is hetrosexual

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kimmo
1 minute ago, rumours said:

We all know that if the sex is passionate enough, the bottom begins to ovulate. 

Facts are Facts

Damn thanks for the tip, I’ll update you next week once my eggs are ready and I find a Daddy... 

giphy.gif

Hottie Detector

Pacify Him
12 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

BUT.. she is heterosexual

2luuhl2.gif

I’m getting on your nerves

Wait, so asking someone if they'll settle down and have kids is sexist? Ok, whatever :poot:

053Timo

Ugh, that question will be asked to men. Plus it’s different for men, they are fertile their whole life. Women on the other hand...

rumours
28 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Damn thanks for the tip, I’ll update you next week once my eggs are ready and I find a Daddy... 

giphy.gif

I expect pics and some salacious onomatopoeias 

053Timo
52 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I like how much more she gives her honest answers these days instead of saying yes and thank you to just everything. I feel like she has become more open also by drinking alcohol on graham norton (I mean we all knew she drinks duh but she didnt do it so publicly before as she took her "role model for young girls" role a bit too seriously even maybe) and cursing in interviews and so on. She has loosened up and it's good to see. 

It really is a stupid question tho like which female singer did they see settling down and have kids and retire at 30? lol what is this the 1920s? She got an album coming up lmao Did they think taylor would be like: oh dam I'm 30 now, cant release an album anymore...

You can have kids, settle down and still have a career 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nothing from that question implies the interviewer thinks she should retire now she’s 30...

Supersonic
1 minute ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Wait, so asking someone if they'll settle down and have kids is sexist? Ok, whatever :poot:

Yes, because it's nobody's business, and the question is usually given to women starting at age 20 with like... the intention of telling her "You're getting old, menopause is coming soon and the time frame of you being able to crank out healthy children is getting smaller".

Almost every woman on earth is getting asked this question, we have at least two women in this thread alone saying "This is an inappropriate question to ask, don't do it, it drives me nuts when people bother me about it" but... some all-knowing males on the internet decide that a woman's opinion is not worthy of being considered and publically announces its overrulement, like they usually do. :poot:

Ryusei
6 minutes ago, 053Timo said:

You can have kids, settle down and still have a career 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nothing from that question implies the interviewer thinks she should retire now she’s 30...

she's already settled anyway... it's not like she doesnt have a fixed home she has a few but it implies this outdated idea of: oh are you gonna have kids now? gotta hurry or your vajayjay is gonna be too old vataytay. and I know the way german press is... I mean it was also a german reporter who asked gaga the p*nis question so yeah.. I'm gonna suppose it wasn't exactly asked in the nicest way possible. if it was asked appropriately or in a different way she would have given an answer.

Musery

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Yes, because it's nobody's business, and the question is usually given to women starting at age 20 with like... the intention of telling her "You're getting old, menopause is coming soon and the time frame of you being able to crank out healthy children is getting smaller".

Almost every woman on earth is getting asked this question, we have at least two women in this thread alone saying "This is an inappropriate question to ask, don't do it, it drives me nuts when people bother me about it" but... some all-knowing males on the internet decide that a woman's opinion is not worthy of being considered and publically announces its overrulement, like they usually do. :poot:

... That doesn't mean it's sexist, men get asked this all the time too, it's a human thing, not a women thing.

Maleficent
1 hour ago, Taylucifer said:

‘I really do not think men are asked that question when they turn 30. 

wrong. anyways 

Galactastica

Maybe it more depends where you are from. 

I have been hassled about not wanting kids/when I'm having kids from age 8 until now, age 35. 

My husband, same age, is rarely asked and if asked, usually by only his own parents. Strangers don't bring it up to him at work like they do with me. He certainly isn't belittled the way I am by being called selfish for not wanting children, and in turn he misses out on being given the "you'll change your mind when you're older" speech. 

Between him and how my brothers are not asked, I'd say in some areas people are very sexist in who and how they ask the question of having children. Perhaps she's had a similar experience.  

In the South (Don't come for me, I have no freakin' clue where Taylor Swift is from) this is pretty normal and I would say it's true for generally all domestic duties, household, cleaning, cooking, etc. People are super sexist about that stuff here. 

Supersonic
1 minute ago, ProjectJoanne said:

... That doesn't mean it's sexist, men get asked this all the time too, it's a human thing, not a women thing.

I'm not saying this is a "women only" thing. Men don't get it asked as frequently, also they're not getting pestered on social media about it like women do. There's no tabloid articles about Bruno Mars maybe having a baby, meanwhile Gaga being "pregant" makes national news and goes through the tabloids for weeks. Every little weight gain a woman in the public eye experiences is automatically attributed to pregnancy. And a woman in the public eye having a baby is even much more of an event.

Like... it's quite obvious that this is a huge, weird thing society does to women. :poot:

6 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I'm not saying this is a "women only" thing. Men don't get it asked as frequently, also they're not getting pestered on social media about it like women do. There's no tabloid articles about Bruno Mars maybe having a baby, meanwhile Gaga being "pregant" makes national news and goes through the tabloids for weeks. Every little weight gain a woman in the public eye experiences is automatically attributed to pregnancy. And a woman in the public eye having a baby is even much more of an event.

Like... it's quite obvious that this is a huge, weird thing society does to women. :poot:

Listen, I think you're taking this a little bit too seriously, it's just a little question and it's not sexist :laughga:

LilyLark

I agree with Taylucifer that it was borderline sexist—it's not so much the question, but the way it appears to have been framed. If the interviewer had said something like "you and Joe have been together for a while, are you thinking of taking it to the next level with marriage and kids"...sure, nosy and invasive but okay. Throwing in that she's 30 tho is just...ugh.

And yes, men do get asked the same question (not to the same extent) but men also do not face the societal expectations of "settling down" at 30 as much as women do. There's definitely a different implication most of the time when people ask that question of women....

Archived