💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 August/September

LilyLark

Featured Posts

LilyLark

It always made sense for LG6 to drop right after the Oscars or in late summer/early fall. March-mid July had/have releases by Billie and Madonna—both Interscope artists—along with Taylor's new single, who isn't with Interscope but does belong to a label under UMG. The record labels probably had a hint that Beyonce was doing a "surprise drop" too for Homecoming, and the Lion King is being released in mid July and Disney will probably push the album hard. There were/are several other artists coming out during this period, too.  The big mystery has always been Rihanna and Adele, and it now looks like Rihanna isn't releasing anytime soon.

I don't think Gaga cares that much about getting the #1 album or single these days (Applause mess lol), but Interscope probably wants her to maximize her best possible chances by scheduling a release when there is less competition. Late June/early July for a single drop, a week or two before Lion King drops but a few weeks after Madonna and Miley drop albums, is probably fairly open. It would also be approximately a month or so after what very likely looks to be a music video shoot.

TLDR: Looking at when other artists release and assuming the recent photos were of a video shoot, one can make an educated guess that a late June/early July single and a August/September album drop might happen. Furthermore, she has a break between June-October from Enigma so any write ups of her album dropping in September might include a bit that goes "and you can see Gaga back in Vegas in October" (easy, free marketing opportunity for Enigma). Looking at the situation this way makes more sense then trusting in "insiders" imo.

ImMatt

Makes sense. Although I'm amazed she didn't use this gap in her Vegas schedule to release rather than the next one. She's kind of running out of time to use Vegas to promote her next pop album which I kind of thought was the whole point of Enigma anyway. We'll see :oprah:

LilyLark
11 minutes ago, ImMatt said:

Makes sense. Although I'm amazed she didn't use this gap in her Vegas schedule to release rather than the next one. She's kind of running out of time to use Vegas to promote her next pop album which I kind of thought was the whole point of Enigma anyway. We'll see :oprah:

Perhaps Interscope wanted to let ASIB soundtrack completely wind down from its post Oscar boost—it did insanely well with pure sales and that's how the labels make the most money. Shallow was also still charting fairly high in the Hot 100, even after it left it's #1 spot, for several weeks after the Oscars. As soon as Shallow dropped off, that's about when Billie released.

monketsharona

I think it'll come in Q3. It's a safer place than Q4 imo.

I still think a Spring release would have fitted a lot for LG6 as the contenders were not that big. She could have got a new Hot100 top 10 easily. 

I don't think June is totally impossible for a lead single release, it'll all depend on Gaga's team plans. If it's not, well I guess August is kind of confirmed. Even if artists doesn't seems to avoid July anymore (Ed is releasing an album there)

LilyLark
5 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I think it'll come in Q3. It's a safer place than Q4 imo.

I still think a Spring release would have fitted a lot for LG6 as the contenders were not that big. She could have got a new Hot100 top 10 easily. 

I don't think June is totally impossible for a lead single release, it'll all depend on Gaga's team plans. If it's not, well I guess August is kind of confirmed. Even if artists doesn't seems to avoid July anymore (Ed is releasing an album there)

Spring would have worked, because you're right—the only real "big" competition was Taylor and OTR. She might not have received a #1, but she would have easily be in the top five. But I doubt Interscope wants to have its own artists compete against each other. Agree that late Q3 is probably safer than Q4, because of Adele.

Since Ed and the Lion King soundtrack are both coming in mid July, I do think a last week of June/first week of July makes a lot of sense for a lead single. Ed's already released two singles, so I don't think he'll do a third before his album drops.

Tin foil hat time, but she is so weak in streaming (especially those curated playlists) and this Sirius event..they are saying they will put the music from the event on a curated playlist. If she played her new single & it was placed on a curated setlist, that would help with the charts. I just hope her team drops a single and a music video the same exact day.

TheSlash

I hope she'll release the album on August 22nd, bc that's my birthday :excited2:  :excited2:  :excited2: 

Spoiler

I know, it's unrealistic bc it's a Thursday, but someone can dream :huntyga: 

Ew, David!

Illuminati
44 minutes ago, ImMatt said:

She's not, there will be more Enigma shows. They barely announced half of them. I think the 100 Million deal involves like 74 shows and there's only 35 so far (less than that, I just looked up and they include the dates where she did Enigma at software events lol). But I thought she would utilize this first gap for the lead single as well. Or at least something. She wasted it entirely. I guess Met Gala counts.

monketsharona
7 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

She's not, there will be more Enigma shows. They barely announced half of them. I think the 100 Million deal involves like 74 shows and there's only 35 so far (less than that, I just looked up and they include the dates where she did Enigma at software events lol). But I thought she would utilize this first gap for the lead single as well. Or at least something. She wasted it entirely. I guess Met Gala counts.

Yeah it's beenconfirmed Vegas residency is running through 2019 and 2020

Schizophonic
48 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

She said "propably 3 years" if we are lucky.

monketsharona
1 minute ago, Schizophonic said:

She said "propably 3 years" if we are lucky.

Well that was still the time when she was in relationship with Christian. I'm pretty sure he had a big role in her signing for the residency

munty hunty

its not coming in August, it’s gonna be postponed to 2021 :ladyhaha:

free my mind

Twitter

It makes sense LG6 is coming during one of the Enigma breaks, but I was really hoping for a spring/summer release. :messga:

LilyLark
13 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Hasn't Bruno done "mini tours" in between Vegas shows? I feel like Gaga might do that for her health and it would make sense with the Enigma schedule.

Kind of curious to see if she does Rock in Rio. She's so huge in Brazil, and she canceled her previous Brazilian show....

Archived