💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dionne Warwick Says Beyoncé Is Not an Icon Just Yet

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

dionne-warwick-beyonce-1280x720.jpg

“Now sustaining and becoming a big icon that Gladys Knight, or Patti LaBelle, or Johnny Mathis, or Frank Sinatra, or Sammy Davis Jr. is? I doubt that,” Warwick said.

She continued, “And I love her to death and can appreciate her talent. But that iconic status? It’s a long road [ahead].”

https://people.com/music/dionne-warwick-says-beyonce-isnt-an-icon-yet/

LordEnigma

I means she's the closest to iconic of the newest generation so I don't really agree with this at all.

Except Adele.

jaXXXon

Hmm.. The star status Beyoncé has and the impact qualifies her as an icon. There have been plenty of others acts/stars with her star power and they are all icons today. 

mamo

uh oh guys the icon police is here...

giphy.gif

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

BOMSHELL

Beyoncé has left quite a mark ever since her surprise album drop. That moment was so iconic in itself for me :giveup:

weed
17 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Except Adele.

Am I missing something with Adele tbh..... like girl can sell a record, many sales beautiful sales, but only since 2011, what in your opinion is iconic about her? Positive vibes lmao:ally:

BOMSHELL
Just now, neptugne said:

Am I missing something with Adele tbh..... like girl can sell a record, many sales beautiful sales, but only since 2011, what in your opinion is iconic about her? Positive vibes lmao:ally:

But God damn can this woman make a break up anthem tho, regardless of “iconicness” lol :legend:

dit

Dionne looks stunning at her age! But I have to disagree. Out of all the current-ish popgirls Beyonce is the most clear to become a legend along with Gaga. Bey's been successful and "impactful" since the Destiny's Child days. She's at like what? 25+ years into her career and still super successful. 

Hades

I think Beyonce is definitely an icon. Time will just solidify her status furthermore.

Lord Temptation

This is not a diss.

These are wise words from an indisputable legend.

Suck it up kids.

PunkTheFunk

Beyonce is a massive cultural icon, there's no doubt about that. Anyone who denies this must be delusional.

Hades
3 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

This is not a diss.

These are wise words from an indisputable legend.

Suck it up kids.

I don't think anyone can ''drag'' Dionne for saying this. I mean she worked with 60's legends so everything now must seem less glorious to her. She does appreciate Beyonce after all and even mentioning her is an honor.:applause:

Archived