💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Aladdin (2019)

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

MV5BMjQ2ODIyMjY4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzY4

It will open this Friday (May 24 2019) in the USA. Some countries may already have screened in their local cinemas.

Have you seen this movie? Do you plan to? If you have, what's your thoughts on it? 

------

I have. I had early screening. 

My thoughts below. No spoiler. Just put it in a box cos it's quite lengthy. 

Spoiler

Initially I was skeptical with it, more so after I saw the trailers. And I fear the Memorial Day weekend curse will continue for Disney.

HOWEVER, after seen the film in full. I was very pleased with it. It is such pleasant surprise to know how good this movie is! The trailers are sooo misleading, all those chopped up scenes are so much better with contexts. Example; there are so much build up before Prince Ali that makes the scenes after, and THE SONG, made sense. Oh yes, it is thankfully pretty much musical like the animation was.

And as usual, there are few changes here and there. So those of you who always moans about "why does it need remakes?!!", no it is not 100% copy from animation to live action, thank you. And to me, personally, those changes actually make the storyline much more stronger than the 1992 animation! As for Will Smith, he did a good Genie. He made it his own. And he produced few laughs during the movie. And so does Abu. It's so good!  So here we are, living in a world with two good Genie! I can't be happier!

Naomi Scott is such a goood Princess Jasmine! Like, really good! 

After I saw it, all doubts just vanished and replaced with hope. This movie may able to break the Memorial Day curse for Disney, because this movie is not only good family movie, but also very good date movies. All the professional critics apparently agreed, they gave an outpouring positive response to this movie! Good sign!

I have my tickets for the memorial day weekend, I will see this with my husband, and my parents. I cannot wait to see it again!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

River

I'm not planning to watch it, after Dumbo, I'm done with the live action adaptions, they are just soulless compare to the original animated films.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Biggest Fan
2 minutes ago, River said:

I'm not planning to watch it, after Dumbo, I'm done with the live action adaptions, they are just soulless compare to the original animated films.

is there more live action musicals ??

🤖

Rudz Xinc

I enjoyed it very much. It was fun. I love the song "Speechless". Not sure it's new or not.

Look at those clowns

Rudz Xinc

I enjoyed it very much. It was fun. I love the song "Speechless". Not sure it's new or not.

Look at those clowns

RAMROD
1 minute ago, RudzXinc said:

The Jasmine's song? It is new. It was written by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul from La La Land fame with Alan Menken as composer :D

RAMROD
13 minutes ago, Biggest Fan said:

is there more live action musicals ??

Beauty And The Beast, The Jungle Book, both are great too!

Reality

I’m not going to watch it in theaters, but I’ll definitely check it out once it’s on streaming. 

I’m glad you were pleasantly surprised by it though. Honestly, from all the trailers, tv spots, and clips, I am VERY skeptical about this movie. I’m starting to grow on Will Smith, and Naomi Scott looks like she’s gonna kill the role, but I’m very skeptical about Mena Massoud and Marwan Kenzari. With each spot and trailer and clip they just look worse and worse in my opinion. But, I have heard many people say they were both good.

🖤👹

OMonster

Why do some scenes literally look like a RPDR challenge? :ladyhaha:

This film looks really low budget to me. I realise it's probably got an endless pile of dollars behind it.. but the execution is extremely poor.

subtext / fantasy

doppelganger

Wow so they've managed to butcher yet another remake. I've lost all hope. 

High King
6 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

Wow so they've managed to butcher yet another remake. I've lost all hope. 

That’s what I thought from all the trailers and clips, but apparently the marketing didn’t to the film any justice whatsoever, it’s getting pretty positive reactions from everyone who’s seen it. 

imitalian

I watched it yesterday and I really enjoyed it! I liked the "comedic" twist, it was good overall

RAMROD
5 hours ago, OMonster said:

Why do some scenes literally look like a RPDR challenge? :ladyhaha:

Indian and Arabic dance routines are not RPDR challenge :sis:

OMonster
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Indian and Arabic dance routines are not RPDR challenge :sis:

I wasn't referring to the choreography - more the execution and the production value of the entire thing. 

subtext / fantasy

Archived