💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Aladdin (2019)

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Reality
2 hours ago, doppelganger said:

Wow so they've managed to butcher yet another remake. I've lost all hope. 

Who said anything about butchering? From what it looks like, people enjoy the movie. 

🃏🖤👹

Rudz Xinc

I bet people who trash the movie haven't even seen it yet.

Look at those clowns

Regina George

Y’all talking **** about it should go to cinema and see it first. I did and I was shocked by how good it actually is. Best live action disney adaptation imo. 

dutchyguy

It was good, best live action disney adaption so far I think... (that doesnt mean it was GREAT haha)..

HausOfHarlow

It was really good. I have always been skeptical about the live action remakes, some are hit and some are miss. They hit the mark with the cultural influence, the costumes and the sets. It very beautiful and organic. The new Speechless song that Jasmine sings is very powerful. I recommend any Disney fan (even if casual) to go see it!

Spock

Jafar looked like something out of a gay **** parody of Aladdin

and that DJ Khaled Remix is ear rape (is nothing sacred anymore??)

other than that, it was cute 

who will love me when the night is over

RAMROD

Right? This movie is one of those that exceed expectation :diane:

Break those Memorial Day curse, Disney! YAS! :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

lgaga1fan

It was much better than expected, but was still like meh in comparison to the original obviously. Jafar was the only performance that was actually terrible imo

Maleficent

this movie proved that Guy Ritchie simply has no business directing—he had first timers luck apparently 

2School4Cool

I have to admit, I was skeptical. Something made me nervous that this wouldn’t do the original film justice. Part of the reason may be because of how Robin Williams is the entire spirit of the genie, and I was afraid Will Smith wouldn’t be able to fill those shoes (no disrespect to Will Smith, I don’t think anyone could fill Robin Williams’ shoes).

However...

This film is so good! The cinematography is truly remarkable, the cast is incredible, and it 100% does justice to the original. Will Smith does a phenomenal job as the genie. He makes the role his own while still keeping the essence of the original film. His hip-hop flare in the music makes it feel fresh while still feeling classic. The rest of the cast is phenomenal as well. Naomi Scott does a great job of making Jasmine a role model for young girlsl by portraying her as a strong, confident woman. If you like the original, you will most likely love this adaptation  as well.

If you have the chance to see this film in theaters, please do!!! The cinematography is so spectacular, and while it will be great on TV as well, there is something so grand and magical about seeing it on the big screen.

See The Best In Everyone

HausOfMark

Saw this last night at the Drive In and it was really good! I loved it.

-Mark

JusKeepBreathin
On 5/24/2019 at 4:22 AM, ReginaGeorge said:

Y’all talking **** about it should go to cinema and see it first. I did and I was shocked by how good it actually is. Best live action disney adaptation imo. 

I went in there completely thinking I would hate it. I loved it. It was an adventure movie like Tomb Raider or Indiana Jones, the action sequences in the cave were amazing. So was the parot chasing them on the carpet close to the end. It felt like the traditional car, plane or space craft chase sequence in a really good action movie. ( Guy Ritchie as the director was perfect for this). The musical numbers felt right. They didn't feel forced at all. Speechless ( the new song) was perfect for Jasmine who I don't think had any solo sings in the original movie.  That actress has an amazing voice.  The Bollywood dance numbers were amazing too. I enjoyed Will Smith as the genie way more than I thought I would. I loved the genies life at the end. 

I am so excited for Lion King now!

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Ally Campana

Saw it last night. I LOVED IT!!! Best live action so far imo. The three leads were amazing and have great chemistry. I love how Jasmine is not just a princess looking for love and the little addition to her character really made an impact. Naomi played the role justice. Will killed it, making it his own and bringing a fresh feel to the Genie, and Mena as Aladdin was simply perfect. My criticism of the movie is in regards to Jafar. I think he could be better as a villain. Though I loved the back story they gave him, I think he fell short of being the villainous sorcerer he was in the original. And the pacing could be better too. Other than that, I LOVEEE this movie, I’m literally obsessed with it and I will probably see it again tomorrow.

Does it matter? Damage is done

I watched it yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised, I enjoyed it quite a bit! And Aladdin is so hot :lolly: I think they nailed pretty much every character except Jafar; Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Raja (:huntyga:), Dalia, and the carpet! I loved the carpet :diane: if only it were a bit less cheesy (although I did expect that from this kind of Disney film) I would have enjoyed it even more.

Archived