💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ryan Tedder says Demi could release a hit “b minus” song bc she’s famous

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

2School4Cool

I really don’t think he meant it as an insult to Demi, he’s even written with her in the past. I also don’t think he’s saying his stuff is any better than hers, or even really making a comment on her songs. I think Demi was just the name he though of as an example of an artist who is successful enough that people will buy their song when it comes out. He could have said Ariana, Bieber, Taylor Swift, Drake, or someone else. He just means some artists are so successful that no matter what, people are going to flock to hear it and it will become a hit.

If you read the section of the article, what he was saying is that OneRepublic doesn’t quite have that level of success, and sometimes the task of promoting an album can feel daunting because they have to work much harder for the exposure and for people to even know they’ve released a song. If any of you follow 1R, you may have heard Ryan talk about his anxiety attacks towards the end of the creation of their album Oh My My. So he’s not implying he wishes he could have success with bad songs, he’s just saying that while some artists can release an average song and it becomes massive, he and his band have to work even harder to promote their work because they aren’t quite at that level.

See The Best In Everyone

ltlmnstr
3 hours ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

He a Ed Sheeran level plagiarist and I'm sure there's other songs out there that he's ripped off this is just what I could remember off-hand :saladga:

Tell me more!

RoverLoader

Well that's not true. Her duet with Xtina didn't even reach the hot 100.

Supersonic

This would be a valid point if he like... actually came out with music that got above the level of a D minus.

OMonster

The point he is making is simple - some artists, because of their 'name' and large fanbases, would receive success with a song irrespective of it's quality. 

What doesn't add up is why he cited Demi as an example. She isn't a 'guaranteed hit-maker' at all - and she does need to put out high quality to get results. 

Someone like Ed, Justin, possibly even Ariana would've better demonstrated his point. 

Spoiler

Also I'm kind of shook by some of the perspectives in this thread regarding Ryan. His band might not be super prolific anymore, but as a songwriter... he's pretty huge. He's written some incredible tracks. 

subtext / fantasy

Akiki

Tbh, is Demi that Big? Or how low One Republic got? For me Demi was never a big popstar.

Akiki
9 minutes ago, OMonster said:

The point he is making is simple - some artists, because of their 'name' and large fanbases, would receive success with a song irrespective of it's quality. 

What doesn't add up is why he cited Demi as an example. She isn't a 'guaranteed hit-maker' at all - and she does need to put out high quality to get results. 

Someone like Ed, Justin, possibly even Ariana would've better demonstrated his point. 

Hide contents

Also I'm kind of shook by some of the perspectives in this thread regarding Ryan. His band might not be super prolific anymore, but as a songwriter... he's pretty huge. He's written some incredible tracks. 

People here dont like to read. They just jump on everything like hyenas. We will all do fake smiles and pretend that Demi is one of the Main Girls on Pop. :laughga:

Haroon

There's nothing wrong or shady here, he's just saying that he wishes OneRepublic had instant sales based on name like some more popular acts do :laughga:

Archived