question

Does ASIB deserve AOTY?

KatieJudasGaga4

AOTY  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it deserves it?

Featured Posts

KatieJudasGaga4

Does the soundtrack of the decade (:fan:) deserve AOTY? Explain.

Of course I think so.

a star is born GIF

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Getlostwithme

Honestly yes and I don’t say that a lot 

because this Grammy circle was quite weak so far when on the other hand ASIB was one of the strongest albums musically and commercially 

JohnWayne92

Absolutely. It's a great album from beginning to end. A mixture of genres, emotions, and most importantly, GREAT songs. It was the most talked about album, it was influential, it was massive. The fact that it sold over 1mil in pure sales is amazing. It most definitely deserves it. 

TheRealJT

Maybe. I don’t know. I still think Beyoncé’s Homecoming is going to win. 

Gaga will have her chance another year. 

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Maybe. I don’t know. I still think Beyoncé’s Homecoming is going to win. 

Gaga will have her chance another year. 

I don't think it will even be nominated tbh. Its just live versions of her past songs.

TheRealJT
4 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I don't think it will even be nominated tbh. Its just live versions of her past songs.

But this is Beyoncé. It has so much cultural significance and is a tribute to Beyoncé’s whole career. Plus it will be like an apology for not letting Lemonade win 

Live albums like this used to rule the Grammys back in the day, so it actually wouldn’t be too unrealistic 

Schizophonic

i really thing billie will win this year almost every award she is nominated for. i´m not even a fan of hers but the industry LOVES to celebrates artists like her over the top.

KatieJudasGaga4
15 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

But this is Beyoncé. It has so much cultural significance and is a tribute to Beyoncé’s whole career. Plus it will be like an apology for not letting Lemonade win 

Live albums like this used to rule the Grammys back in the day, so it actually wouldn’t be too unrealistic 

But I don't think the voting council/members will make it qualify, since its mainly a live album + there isn't much new songs on it.

TheRealJT
7 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

But I don't think the voting council/members will make it qualify, since its mainly a live album + there isn't much new songs on it.

Ok maybe I’m not explaining it well enough. 

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/news/awards/8507711/beyonce-homecoming-grammys-chances 

Hope this article helps get my point across. 

Mirages
42 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

i really thing billie will win this year almost every award she is nominated for. i´m not even a fan of hers but the industry LOVES to celebrates artists like her over the top.

Please no...i get it that people love her but she literally just whispers and every song sounds the same. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Flu Symptom

If Joanne won over Havana and God is a Woman then Gaga can win Album of the Year. Simple as that. 

JR Gg

Depends on who they nominate.

If their nominations do not have any other country albums, Gaga would sweep in a landslide.

Then again, the nomination is the hurdle here. 

Yes, great music and commercial success.

If only they pushed ARUTW as a single instead of letting it go to waste :(

GvrnmntHooker

honestly either asib or billie's album deserve to win aoty, both are flawless

GenericPhag

Imo the only hurdle would be getting the nomination. Since it was released so long ago they might forget about it come voting time. Since they already nominated Shallow in the GF and it won Pop Duet they might feel that they've given ASIB enough attention. But since the Grammy cycle is shaping up to be pretty weak and it is clearly one of the strongest albums, I think it has decent shot and could win if nominated. The only lock right now is probably Thank u, Next with ASIB, WWAFAWDWG, and When I Get Home as the next most likely to be nominated. In a perfect world, Cuz I Love You and Dedicated would both get nominated.

Archived