question

Does ASIB deserve AOTY?

KatieJudasGaga4

AOTY  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it deserves it?

Featured Posts

outtahere12428

I think WWAFAWDWG has the best chance of winning at this point!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LouiseVeronica

Maybe I need to listen to the soundtrack again, Shallow was the only song I liked on it, I wanted to like the pop songs but they were intentionally cringeworthy, and the rest of the songs didn't have the it factor for me. I don't think a soundtrack with one good song could be nominated as an album, especially album of the year. And no one knows any of the songs other than Shallow anyway how can it be THE album of the year?

ModernEcstasy

Absolutely it does. The work that has gone into it is worth the award. Let alone the actual quality of the music. 

It quickly became my favourite album of all time.  :pawsup:

Mr S

In terms of being the best album, then no it is not. The new Tyler The Creater album for example is better and others too.

In terms of a combination of quality, commercial success, impact, narrative, and name recognition, then yeah it would make a good winner.

I personally prefer that she wins with a solo studio album though where the ideas, visuals, concepts are all her ideas.

KatieJudasGaga4
2 hours ago, LouiseVeronica said:

Maybe I need to listen to the soundtrack again, Shallow was the only song I liked on it, I wanted to like the pop songs but they were intentionally cringeworthy, and the rest of the songs didn't have the it factor for me. I don't think a soundtrack with one good song could be nominated as an album, especially album of the year. And no one knows any of the songs other than Shallow anyway how can it be THE album of the year?

Always Remember Us This Way is very well known too, just not in the US. And Kacey Musgraves album won Album of the Year and tbh, none of the songs are well known .

LouiseVeronica
3 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Always Remember Us This Way is very well known too, just not in the US. And Kacey Musgraves album won Album of the Year and tbh, none of the songs are well known .

Where in the world is ARUTW well known? Anyway its a pretty song but forgettable, and outside of Shallow there aren't memorable songs on the album. Golden Hour was full of great songs, AND more critically acclaimed as an album than ASIB soundtrack by miles. ASIB, acclaimed movie, Golden Hour, acclaimed album. Gaga could win AOTY one day, but hopefully it's with her own album. 

KatieJudasGaga4
6 minutes ago, LouiseVeronica said:

Where in the world is ARUTW well known? Anyway its a pretty song but forgettable, and outside of Shallow there aren't memorable songs on the album. Golden Hour was full of great songs, AND more critically acclaimed as an album than ASIB soundtrack by miles. ASIB, acclaimed movie, Golden Hour, acclaimed album. Gaga could win AOTY one day, but hopefully it's with her own album. 

I'm sorry, but ARUTW is very popular in Europe. And I was implying that Golden Hour doesn't any memorable songs that the general public knows, when ASIB does.

LouiseVeronica
7 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I'm sorry, but ARUTW is very popular in Europe. And I was implying that Golden Hour doesn't any memorable songs that the general public knows, when ASIB does.

ASIB has one, ok TWO songs the GP knows (if you are in Europe apparently). It still isn't a great album worthy of AOTY imo, one or two songs isn't an album, plus there are some downright bad songs on it too. I want her to get nominated though, and attend in some showstopping gown, and I'd LOVE a performance.

JevyDuty
26 minutes ago, LouiseVeronica said:

ASIB has one, ok TWO songs the GP knows (if you are in Europe apparently). It still isn't a great album worthy of AOTY imo, one or two songs isn't an album, plus there are some downright bad songs on it too. I want her to get nominated though, and attend in some showstopping gown, and I'd LOVE a performance.

You make no sense. Sorry not sorry.

You said the GP only knows Shallow that how an album with one known song could win AOTY and when you're confronted that the GP knew ZERO songs from Golden Hour, then you personalize your opinion further.

Just say you hated ASIB OST.. but also know that you are a minority in the situation. The numbers speak for themselves; a horrible album, as you imply, wouldn't sell a Million pure sales in 6 months in this climate. 

LouiseVeronica
2 minutes ago, JevyDuty said:

You make no sense. Sorry not sorry.

You said the GP only knows Shallow that how an album with one known song could win AOTY and when you're confronted that the GP knew ZERO songs from Golden Hour, then you personalize your opinion further.

Just say you hated ASIB OST.. but also know that you are a minority in the situation. The numbers speak for themselves; a horrible album, as you imply, wouldn't sell a Million pure sales in 6 months in this climate. 

Horrible songs don't sell?!?! I guess ME is a masterpiece and the Chainsmokers are up there with Mozart. I have to laugh. Ok yes I hated the ASIB soundtrack, the songs were boring to plain bad. Those pop songs are cringe start to finish.  

JevyDuty
55 minutes ago, LouiseVeronica said:

Horrible songs don't sell?!?! I guess ME is a masterpiece and the Chainsmokers are up there with Mozart. I have to laugh. Ok yes I hated the ASIB soundtrack, the songs were boring to plain bad. Those pop songs are cringe start to finish.  

Albums. We are talking about AOTY.... an NO.. a bad LADY GAGA album won't sell and neither would a Chainsmokers one. Keep Adele and Taylor out of this and NO ONE could sell 1 Million "bad" albums in this climate. 

Just because YOU don't like something, it doesn't make it a fact that most people agree with you cuz clearly they don't. It's ok to be in the minority.

Gagaplayer315
4 hours ago, LouiseVeronica said:

Always Remember Us This Way, Is that alright, I'll never love again, Heal me, Maybe it's time, etc. say hi boo

entrance storm in GIF by Camila Cabello

Archived