Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Musicisfreedom
1 minute ago, River said:

Ricky Martin can tell you :lolga:

2PWG.gif

Scandalous! 

Bitch I'm Madonna

DeleteMyAccount

It's definitely a mess when "liberal" people who support LGBTQ give passes to Travis Scott after his anti-gay rampage at a show. It's so common with many of these artists and yet people don't care. Also, Chris Brown...

Musicisfreedom
23 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

It's definitely a mess when "liberal" people who support LGBTQ give passes to Travis Scott after his anti-gay rampage at a show. It's so common with many of these artists and yet people don't care. Also, Chris Brown...

yes so true. Or feminists (male and female) who don't care when rappers act like women are property. It is really messy and upsetting 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Mr S

I like rap but yeah they do get a free pass because it's part of the genre.

The media/people will be the first to be offended if something is racist while at the same time bopping their head to homophobic or misogynist lyrics. 

Widows Kiss

We been knew it's a toxic and dated genre. I say bulldozer the mumble rappers from the charts. :ally:

Pacify Him

Can you really blame its fans? They glorify such acts.

I’m getting on your nerves

SKANK

Maybe it's not a bad thing to hold public figures to different standards.

In 2019 rappers have taken the place of rock stars, who in their time were thought of as relatively dangerous. Do we need all public figures to be models of good behavior? Aren't rock stars and rappers meant to be icons of volatile and unhealthy behavior?

Musicisfreedom
5 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

Can you really blame its fans? They glorify such acts.

I'm not really sure what you're saying, could you elaborate? 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Musicisfreedom
1 minute ago, SKANK said:

Maybe it's not a bad thing to hold public figures to different standards.

In 2019 rappers have taken the place of rock stars, who in their time were thought of as relatively dangerous. Do we need all public figures to be models of good behavior? Aren't rock stars and rappers meant to be icons of volatile and unhealthy behavior?

Most rockstars of nowadays are not sexist or homophobic, and even back when rock stars were big in the music scene most of them didn't use slurs that can be extremely harmful. It's different to be self destructive - that's only hurting themselves. But to allow people to use slurs and promote women as objects in 2019 is really out of touch and hateful. I think they should be that way if they want to, but they should be held responsible as much as anyone else.

Bitch I'm Madonna

Musicisfreedom

You can display a dangerous,unhealthy lifestyle without promoting hate speech and violence against people.

Bitch I'm Madonna

SKANK
2 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Most rockstars of nowadays are not sexist or homophobic, and even back when rock stars were big in the music scene most of them didn't use slurs that can be extremely harmful. It's different to be self destructive - that's only hurting themselves. But to allow people to use slurs and promote women as objects in 2019 is really out of touch and hateful. I think they should be that way if they want to, but they should be held responsible as much as anyone else.

My point was that rappers are occupying the spot once occupied by rock stars - a life of opulence, objectifying women, ignoring cultural sensitivities, violent outbursts.

It's horrible behavior, but like I said, I'm not sure we should be looking to them as role models. That isn't their value in our culture.

Musicisfreedom
3 minutes ago, SKANK said:

My point was that rappers are occupying the spot once occupied by rock stars - a life of opulence, objectifying women, ignoring cultural sensitivities, violent outbursts.

It's horrible behavior, but like I said, I'm not sure we should be looking to them as role models. That isn't their value in our culture.

Maybe not, but really should that be anyone's responsibility? To be a role model? Nobody is perfect. I just think we shouldn't promote one artist for doing one thing, and attack others for the doing the same thing. It's not fair. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Archived