Which era was darker?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Which era was darker?

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galvon

You could look at it in different ways. Tho the theme of TFM is about fears and monsters etc. The visuals weren't that dark. It was dark compared to the fame era, but it was still a lot softer compared to the BTW era. The BTW album literaly starts with ''I'm gonna mary the night'' like she finaly embraces the darkness. Even tho visually BTW era was darker and so was the sound, the vibe was lot more positive. Like her look was dark, but herself was only about spreading love and acceptance (which she always has been). Maybe that was actually the point. Like people think you are dark, evil and weird but she wasn't ofcourse, she was misunderstood.  Makes sens with the concept of the BTW album.:pawsup:

I voted BTW, but her bleeding on stage and eating a heart became trademark for the TFM era, and thats way darker than looking like and alien.:ohwell: Just because we don't know them, doesn't mean they are dark and evil. The way some people treat you for being different is dark, and sad.

Spoiler

I'd still be scared if I saw a actual alien in real life tho.:sweat:

Spoiler

btw I guess her first time bleeding on stage at the vma 2009, when she died was also the death of famega so it makes sense for TFM era to begin after that happend. Is it just me who thinks of it thay way?

• 2 weeks later...
IAmNotHere1997

I always felt like Born This Way the obvious more dark era of Gaga. From the album cover, to the black-and-white photoshoot, Born This Way and The Edge of Glory music videos which were darker than any TFM song in my opinion...it's true however that TFM truly touches more darker subjects with the lyrics.

HeavyCapiLover

I think TFM is definitly darker. Darkness, fear, insecurity are the main themes of it and there is nothing happy about this album. This is a deep diving into the  dark side of our life and personnality. It talks in a very direct way about things that are not scary or threatening just for gaga but for all of us. We all know the problems that can.bring love, loneliness, addiction... The videos all have a disturbing aspect, bad romance and alejandro are scary and mysterious. And the telephone one is violent and provocative despite the "cool" aspect of it.

Meanwhile, the dark image of BTW is precisly more an image. She talks about things that make us feel insecure but in a positive way to help to get over them. She said that it was about "turning things that seems negative into positive" something like that. Marry the night completly shows this concept. The born this way video is dark and weird but it has something beautifuI to it, it's not like disturbing stories and visuals of BR and alejandro. Judas has it's whole controversial religious thing pf course, but the video itself seems more "cool" and less scary than the others . And the messge of judas is the total opposite of the stupid satanism accusations, it's about a sin that could reach us all and how bad she feels about it. Also her attitude during BTW era was nicest like during the interviews, she really was revealing her personnality to the GP and always spreading self acceptance. In TFM era, she seemed more distant and she really wanted to shock the GP with her photoshoots, her meet dress...

domixwodix
On 5/21/2019 at 4:57 PM, Loeppke said:

dripping mascara??

OMG I always thought it was supposed to be blood

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

A Hybrid
On 5/21/2019 at 5:48 PM, Twitter said:

ScheiĂźe

What is dark about this electrocrap?

No family’s safe when I sashay

10 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

What is dark about this electrocrap?

The real question is why is my thread still going 4 months later? :laughga:

Chromatislaps
On 5/21/2019 at 6:10 PM, Nuggets said:

ARTPOP's era management was really dark, i agree.

the DWUW era maybe even more so...  RKelly and Terry Richardson may have been the reason for the music video to be shelved

1 hour ago, domixwodix said:

OMG I always thought it was supposed to be blood

Nooooo she’s crying and her mascara is running :cryga:

Lemondeduerl

But y'all are saying BTW is dark just because of the looks, but the lyrics and the message of the album is about in general is freedom, self love and empowerment. 

By the way the horns aren't supposed to be alien horns and not devil horns?

:)

Stephen

To me, Born This Way is about finding the light in the darkness.

The Fame Monster is the darkness.

Archived