HausOfMark

Featured Posts

HausOfMark

latest?cb=20110308164656

Spoiler

51gt34HUd9L.jpg919slSnW1IL.jpg Also these

Who has read these books?

What was your favorite?

(I know this was a thread but it archived and locked, so heres a new one) 

-Mark

Killa

I  think we are all too deepressed. I've been waiting for the rest of the books for years, and the tea that was served isn't my flavour.

:bradley:

thatfoxyfeeling

I’ve read them all a few years ago, I’ll probably read them again if GRRM ever does finish the last two books. 

I do think it’s bs how long he has taken to release TWOW though, feel like that’s why the last season for GOT was so bad because they didn’t have any source material to go by except the ending GRRM told them.

HausOfMark
2 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

I’ve read them all a few years ago, I’ll probably read them again if GRRM ever does finish the last two books. 

I do think it’s bs how long he has taken to release TWOW though, feel like that’s why the last season for GOT was so bad because they didn’t have any source material to go by except the ending GRRM told them.

He did give them a plot line and who was king so it is whats going to happen in the book, when they are ever released lol

-Mark

Mirages

I read all the books and I definitely liked A Storm of Swords the best. If I had to rank them:

5. A Feast of Crows

4. A Clash of Kings

3. A Dance With Dragons

2. A Game of Thrones

1, A Storm of Swords

I hadn't read the spin off books yet though.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Thomas P

I’m gonna buy and read them this summer as my gift to myself for graduating high school. GOT is my favourite show, so maybe these will dethrone the Harry Potter books as my favourite books. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

HosedDownGypsy

been waiting for TWUW for years now :bradley:

Even if it does come eventually, I dont want to imagine how long we will have to wait for a dream of spring :bradley:

RAIN ON ME

Jose P

As a massive fan of the show, I’ve been wanting to get into the books really badly. But George has taken way too long releasing the next book and there’s still another one left. I just don’t want to read a story that will remain unfinished. I’d rather take a rushed conclusion like the show than no conclusion at all.

AlexanderMagno

I've read the books before the show. The story does change a bit: from season 3, a lot of different characters, and a lot of different events, people who don't die, people who die... Even if the ending is the same, the road is clearly a lot different!

The story is great and the books give a lot more focus in the past and the theories, the History of Westeros and all the Houses, and that's my favourite part. The TV series doesn't really give that the best importance to that.

The last book though was not very good. Not because of the story and the twists, but because in 800 pages, only the last 100 are indeed story. Everything else is so damn boring .

Yes , the writer really dedicates a lot of the book for build-up, and that is why it's unlikely that we will get the same feeling that the last season had. But it's so damn too much, it's frustrating because it resembles a soap opera more than a high fantasy novel.

Anyway, really well thought books.

Taking almost 10 years to write the sixth book in a series that he's writing for the last 20 years is absolutely unjustifiable. You'd understand if it was his first or second book, where he's still planning the story and trying to get in character, but not in your sixth book.

Morphine Prince

I own them and need to read them. We should start a book club. 

Guest Anisko

I read the first 2 books in their Arabic versions and they're extremely enjoyable.. I want to start reading them in English but i'm hesitating cause I'm afraid that they're not easy to read...  U know english is not my first language . 

Deku

For anyone that wants to start reading the series, this is important. The last 2 books take place at the same time and are split by characters instead. So for example "A Feast for Crows" has all the Arya and Cersei chapters, while "A Dance With Dragons" has all the Jon and Daenerys chapters.

A lot of fans dislike these books because of this. Some awesome individual worked out where each chapter should be and made a list that you can follow if you want to read them both at the same time. 

Link to the chapter orders here:

Reading them (books 4&5) this way is a faaaar better experience, and all my friends (first time readers) that read it this way enjoyed them a lot more than the ones that didn't. 

huttont

I’ve only ever read the first 3 books. I liked them all. The first is spot on with the show

HausOfMark
15 hours ago, Thomas P said:

I’m gonna buy and read them this summer as my gift to myself for graduating high school. GOT is my favourite show, so maybe these will dethrone the Harry Potter books as my favourite books. 

HP is my all time fav books but GoT did not dethrone that lol its my 2nd fav series right now, i just started book 2 of the series and its good so far!

-Mark

HausOfMark
15 hours ago, HosedDownGypsy said:

been waiting for TWUW for years now :bradley:

Even if it does come eventually, I dont want to imagine how long we will have to wait for a dream of spring :bradley:

not to be rude but I think he will die before DoS comes out. :(

For atleast for The Song books, we are still expected (according to him):

- Winds Of Winter

- Dream of Spring

- Fire and Blood Part 2

-Mark

Archived