đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What on EARTH has happened to pop music?

ElectricKing

Featured Posts

ElectricKing

Pop music started getting real bad for me around 2017. I've always spread the message that pop music is the best in the world as Gaga says, it has that 'magic' in it that makes everyone gravitate towards it. But I can no longer defend it.

We take the mick out of 'mumble rappers' but their stuff is 10 times BETTER than this...

Why on earth did this even make it into the top 5??  Are we lowering our standards because no one is producing any real good pop music? Yet there's people out there like Tinashe producing amazing music but no one wants to give it a listen. No one wants the black gal, huh? I GUARANTEE you if Tinashe was white, she would be huge. I get we all have our tastes but come on, pop music has that universal element which makes everyone admire it and this is NOT it.

'Bad Guy' - I can't describe how this song makes me feel. I feel sick when I hear that 'bad guy' robotic effect and then off goes that seriously irritating music which is nor danceable nor toe-tapping. Then she has the audacity to say 'i'm a bad guyyyy' AGAIN in that horrific effect which sounds like it's from a free virus-filled music software. This is not me hating on Billie Eilish, I'm just severely confused. Trying to look 'cool' or 'edgy' in your music video doesn't count for **** if your music is crap. Gaga every time had an intricate 'edgy' (as the locals would say) video but backed it up every single time with a real game-changing pop song.

Sorry, rant over. But I just can't take this crap music no more and people streaming this dire ****.

Here's a real song for y'all.

KatieJudasGaga4

I'm not sure, but I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this. I wouldn't like the future of pop if it sounds anything like what Billie is releasing. It's mostly whispering. I would honestly like a Sweet But Psycho type of song than a Bad Guy or Ocean Eyes type of song.

thatfoxyfeeling

I’m not sure why people hate Billie and her sound, I find it refreshing and she reminds me of Lorde. If you’re gonna complain about pop music, have a go at pop artists like Zara Larsson and Selena Gomez because they’re basic asf. 

ElectricKing
Just now, THATFoxyFeeling said:

I’m not sure why people hate Billie and her sound, I find it refreshing and she reminds me of Lorde. If you’re gonna complain about pop music, have a go at pop artists like Zara Larsson and Selena Gomez because they’re basic asf. 

I'll stick to my R&B, cheers.

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, PinkPop said:

I'll stick to my R&B, cheers.

Then why do you care about pop? :poot:

ElectricKing
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Then why do you care about pop? :poot:

I've drifted to R&B since pop music became catastrophic. But I love pop music so much pre-2017* :(

*(Apart from a few like New Rules, The Cure and Ciao Adios which I think are great)

Jadeykins

how about Billie type lyrics but with gaga type singing...i'd be here for that 

but i do not understand the popularity of bad guy....it's easily the worst song on the album imo 

Lord Temptation

2017?

Try 2013. That was the year when whisper pop and mumble rap AND streaming started to infect the charts

:bye:

ElectricKing
1 minute ago, Jadeykins said:

how about Billie type lyrics but with gaga type singing...i'd be here for that 

but i do not understand the popularity of bad guy....it's easily the worst song on the album imo 

give me a song that you genuinely think is a good pop music by this girl and let me listen to it

because i really don't see anything good rn 

brucee

i think bad guy is so minimal and fresh, and interesting. I love the theme (the melody) and the harmonic and I hear nothing wrong with the bad guy effect. There is a rock vibe into that song. 

hello hello baby.

KatieJudasGaga4
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

2017?

Try 2013. That was the year when whisper pop and mumble rap AND streaming started to infect the charts

:bye:

I love 2013. So nostalgic for me and I didn't hear much rap tbh

Gam

Kim Petras / Carly are releasing amazing songs right now, that's keeping me entertained until Gaga wakes up from her coma

:bradley:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

Lord Temptation
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I love 2013. So nostalgic for me and I didn't hear much rap tbh

I was high for most of that year but I do recall there being a massive hip hop comeback that year against dance-pop, which had been dominant since 2008.

Fetty Wap, Machine Gun Kelly, Macklemore, Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar, Future, Migos, Travis Scott, Asap Rocky and Ty Dollar Sign all had MASSIVE debuts in 2012-2014.

RoverLoader

I'm afraid I have to agree with the OP. I have tried to listen to Billie and Im stunned she is so successful. I don't get it. just not my gen I guess.

• Bear locked this topic

Archived