Lady Gaga Performing at Mandalay Bay Convention Center

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TinyGa said:

Right?

As a software people myself I'd be happy if she performed at an event I was at... there's definitely plenty of debatable and actual harm in the tech industry but there is absolutely nothing redeeming about Amway or its owners. I don't think you can lump them together as all just corporate gigs (and I have no problem with her getting paid in general). Both the company and the DeVos family are awful and evil, predatory and causing lasting harm to real people's lives in business and public policy.

It seems likely that the reason for this performance could be something contractual or some other behind-the-scenes reason. Performing for Amway definitely doesn't enhance her image the way the Apple performance did - the opening of Apple Park was a big deal and something that will be part of tech history. I hope this one in particular wasn't just for the money, or if it was, that Bobby etc learn to vet these better.

If this was a contractual obligation, she's an idiot. I watched her perform for SAP and she spoke at length about researching the company because SAP is not a household brand. If your whole thing is protecting LGBT kids, not associating your brand with the DeVos family is like the bare minimum.

2 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Only GGD fools would be criticizing a performer for booking performances.

You can @ us, honey.  Gaga  runs an anti-bullying foundation devoted to helping LGBT kids and empowering young people,  the bare minimum she could do is not take blood money from the f*cking DeVos family. 

“Betsy DeVos has spent the last year and half relentlessly attacking the rights of transgender students, youth of color, survivors of sexual assault and students with disabilities. While these survey results underscore the challenges facing LGBTQ youth, it also reflects their perseverance and strength in the face of bullies — whether in their classrooms or the federal government. Given the disastrous and dangerous actions of Donald Trump and Mike Pence, the question must be asked of everyone in this administration, ‘How do you sleep at night?’ “

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2018/05/25/betsy-devos-how-do-you-sleep-at-night-lgbtq-advocates-project-data-on-education-department-building/?utm_term=.3e3f684a158a

https://hrc.org/resources/2018-lgbtq-youth-report

Not to mention the actual company itself...

https://pyramidschemealert.org/analysis-amway-accused-of-fraud-pays-150-million-wheres-the-ftc-and-doj/

LadariousGarage

Damn, she serving them software people 

Lets do it baby I know the Law

3 hours ago, itsmatthere said:

I'm all for Gaga performing for corporate/private events as a means of earning some cash and rehearsing her Enigma show, but.... does anyone know who owns AMWAY?  The DeVos family.... yes, THAT DeVos.  Betsy DeVos, Trump's hand-picked Secretary of Education and all around terrible human.  It's very disturbing to me that Gaga would perform for an event with such deep-rooted connections to the Trump administration unless she literally did not know, in which case I would attribute that to poor management. 

Trash decision, the worst, I agree wholeheartedly :confused: can't believe she let it happen honestly. Hopefully it doesn't get out.

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

C1trus
15 minutes ago, Sid said:

Trash decision, the worst, I agree wholeheartedly :confused: can't believe she let it happen honestly. Hopefully it doesn't get out.

Or maybe she invaded them to influence :interestinga:

Who knows

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

itsmatthere
20 minutes ago, Sid said:

I don't really think it will... I was actually surprised that nobody had mentioned Amway's association with the DeVos family on here nor on Twitter before I posted my comment earlier.  Fortunately, that must mean that most people must not know about it.

I say "fortunately" because I really do not believe that this was a conscious decision from Gaga.  She is not an artist who would abandon decades of her strong-standing beliefs for a paycheck.  This is a woman who literally marched the streets of NYC on the eve of election night to protest the Trump Administration's disastrous win. 

I genuinely think that this gig was not properly vetted by her team.  Gaga would never had accepted this had she had known.  She is one of the most sought-after entertainers in world at the moment and could have easily taken the check from countless other corporations who would have paid top dollar to have her at their event.  

itsmatthere
1 hour ago, TinyGa said:

It seems likely that the reason for this performance could be something contractual or some other behind-the-scenes reason. Performing for Amway definitely doesn't enhance her image the way the Apple performance did - the opening of Apple Park was a big deal and something that will be part of tech history. I hope this one in particular wasn't just for the money, or if it was, that Bobby etc learn to vet these better.

I'm sure there wasn't a contractual reason for this.  I work in the entertainment industry and represent another touring artist and have a good understanding of how these things work.  Someone like Lady Gaga - one of the most powerful women in the world - would NEVER sign a contract with MGM that granted them permission to sell Enigma to corporate entities without the shows being mutually agreed upon by the talent, client, buyer, etc.  Why?  To prevent things like this from happening  (ie. Gaga most certainly would not sign off on performing for Chick-Fil-A's annual gathering because the company's values most certainly do not  align with hers.)

So, yeah, I do not think this had anything to do with a contract and feel that you nailed it on the poor vetting. 

Bio
16 minutes ago, itsmatthere said:

I don't really think it will... I was actually surprised that nobody had mentioned Amway's association with the DeVos family on here nor on Twitter before I posted my comment earlier.  Fortunately, that must mean that most people must not know about it.

I say "fortunately" because I really do not believe that this was a conscious decision from Gaga.  She is not an artist who would abandon decades of her strong-standing beliefs for a paycheck.  This is a woman who literally marched the streets of NYC on the eve of election night to protest the Trump Administration's disastrous win. 

I genuinely think that this gig was not properly vetted by her team.  Gaga would never had accepted this had she had known.  She is one of the most sought-after entertainers in world at the moment and could have easily taken the check from countless other corporations who would have paid top dollar to have her at their event.  

Well, she did perform at Coachella AND had a deal with Urban Outfitters. Both donate to anti-LGBT causes.

3 minutes ago, Bio said:

Well, she did perform at Coachella AND had a deal with Urban Outfitters. Both donate to anti-LGBT causes.

Philip Anschutz being Philip Anschutz  :wtf: makes being a music fan so awkward because AEG is the second largest concert promoter in the world. Artists and fans alike can boycott Coachella all they want but I'm not sure either can  totally avoid AEG if live music your job/hobby. Just look at their artist roster and venue list. It's f*cked up.

UO and Amway don't offer anything to artists but cold hard cash. It's pathetic. 

Lemon Pie
12 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Silicon Valley Ball Tour 2019

Maybe she’ll bag a rich nerd.  :ohwell:

We wanted a world tour, and here it is ...:ohwell:

𝖎 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖕𝖎𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊

Pablo
12 hours ago, Renie said:

Seems to be for Amway. Anyone know what that is? More software people? 

Im really starting to rethink your career choices. I’m gonna go apply to these big comps! 

It's a  creepy cult like Pyramid Scheme

Don't visit my profile

Lemon Pie
12 hours ago, Zander said:

"Amway is an American multi-level marketing company that sells health, beauty, and home care products"

I can't believe none of us managed to find this out that she was performing. We're all flops :selena:

collab with haus beauty please :interestinga:

𝖎 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖕𝖎𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊

VTV
3 minutes ago, Lemon Pie said:

We wanted a world tour, and here it is ...:ohwell:

Enigma.exe World Tour (Service Pack 1)

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Archived