Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did people say Christina Aguilera wrote her songs but not Britney???

mzncb

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, Loeppke said:

Because Britney has always had the "dumb blonde" image, whether it be true or not, and no one wants to believe she writes her own music. Though as a Britney fan I must admit she does not write as many songs as I would like to believe, though the songs that have writing credits ("Everytime," "Someday (I Will Understand)") have exceptional songwriting. 

Everytime is one the most haunting beautiful song ever. Artists should break up more often for that reason

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davian
10 minutes ago, mzncb said:

The last time I checked, evidence is  "the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid."

Based on the literal definition, there is absolutely no evidence Christina Aguilera, Beyonce Knowles or Robyn Rihanna Fenty have ever composed music let alone a global music hit, unlike Britney Spears.

But what the three artists you mentioned have in common is that they at least still use their main instrument after all those years, their voice:oops:

No hate to Britney, because I love her music, but she is not the one to defend when talking about instruments.

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

The Child
20 hours ago, Chris Martin said:

If you don't like the company
Let's just do it you and me
You and me
Or three
Or four
On the floor!

One, two, three
Not only you and me
Got one eighty degrees
And I'm caught in between
Countin'
One, two, three
Peter, Paul and Mary
Gettin' down with 3P
Everybody loves me
Oh

Britney didn't even sing in her albums, the definition of industry plant:messga:

That song was written by Max Martin though and it’s actually a clever funny song.

Britney DIDN’T SING in ONE album only, not on all her albums.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

2 hours ago, Davian said:

But what the three artists you mentioned have in common is that they at least still use their main instrument after all those years, their voice:oops:

No hate to Britney, because I love her music, but she is not the one to defend when talking about instruments.

Bottom line: Britney  composed at least one global hit, no matter what you think of her voice or all the great songs she did not write; Christina Aguilera, Beyone and Rihanna have not. (And Rihanna has had plenty of autotune used on her hits, as Pitchfork pointed out)

If people want to praise 'musical artists' and the appreciation that writing a music hit (not just simply writing music) is difficult, then how can you not hate Beyonce as a music act?  Taking credits for what other people wrote should obviously be considered far more offensive than 'not writing your own songs' and is just as fraudulent as 'lip-syncing'.

Beyonce's discography should look more like Whitney Houston's, in terms of writing credits.

2 hours ago, kyanewest said:

Everytime is one the most haunting beautiful song ever. Artists should break up more often for that reason

Here is a great, great overlooked violin cover of Everytime.

And of course, the great Glen Hansard's cover:

StrawberryBlond

Christina clearly is more instrumental in her career than Britney ever was. And I say this as a Britney fan. I'm just realistic about her involvement. Christina has written more personal songs than Britney ever has and has made concept albums, the majority of which she has credits for. Britney's credits are rare and even when she is, we know her involvement is still minimal. One word can give you a songwriting credit now. We all know Britney's been in a fragile mental state for the past decade, there's no way she's got it together to be involved in all her albums. She may have credits on every song on Britney Jean but there is no way she wrote even a quarter of each song.

Archived