Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did people say Christina Aguilera wrote her songs but not Britney???

mzncb

Featured Posts

LordEnigma

But Christina has the vocals to make up for the lack of song writing. You know, not every singer has to be a song writer as well :ladyhaha:

AND don't come at me that Britney is an AMAZING dancer... She used to be an excellent dancer for her style of music but that's about it. This site praises her for waving her hands around now - and although she went through a lot with the media and the public, I'm not going to praise her handography.

I like Britney's music more but she's just kind of a brand to me.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beaublue
1 hour ago, ssslyboy said:

I thought Cathy Dennis wrote Toxic.  Do I have that wrong?

...she did? Lol where did someone say that she didn’t?

3 hours ago, PressESCToQuit said:

Considering she can't even sing her own songs it's hardly a stretch

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Christina wrote 88 of her 126 released songs, which amounts to 70% of her released discography.

Britney worte 47 of her 151 released songs, which amounts to 31% of her released discography.

All tracks used were either album tracks/stand-alone singles, no interludes.

People said it, because it is factual reality Brenda. Next question.

2 hours ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Thank you. People hate facts on this site, and gays especially hate facts when it comes to Britney and her “artistry.”

If you like facts, here's one: there isn't even any evidence Christina Aguilera  even knows how to play a musical instrument, unlike Britney...

Some might say these are simply melodies, but at least Britney has managed to compose a global hit covered by respected award-winning musicians in her musical career, unlike Beyonce Knowles...

3 hours ago, ssslyboy said:

I thought Cathy Dennis wrote Toxic.  Do I have that wrong?

3 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

Yes she did. Britney didn’t write Baby, Oops & Toxic.

2 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Britney didn't write baby one more time. Can't remember where but there is a film/interview with her stating that she was given several records and upon hearing baby one more time, she knew that was the song she wanted to record.

My point was that neither Britney or Christina wrote their signature hits.

JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, mzncb said:

This never made sense to me.

The last time I checked, like Britney (with '...Baby One More Time', 'Oops I Did it Again' and 'Toxic'),  Christina Aguilera wrote neither of her signature hits, 'Genie in a Bottle' or 'Beautiful'.  

As for the rest of the songs Christina may have written, Britney has a bunch in her discography too.

She literally has only like three singles of hers that she didn't write it helped write. 

EyeRoll.gif

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

ChromaticPrincess

did this pop forum time travel back to 2001:oprah:

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

Britney only started writing later into her career and she was a co writer. She also just wrote few songs while Christina wrote her entire album and hundred of songs. Not writing songs does not make you untalented, Britney is one of the most talented artists out there.

Reginald
5 hours ago, Chris Martin said:

If you don't like the company
Let's just do it you and me
You and me
Or three
Or four
On the floor!

One, two, three
Not only you and me
Got one eighty degrees
And I'm caught in between
Countin'
One, two, three
Peter, Paul and Mary
Gettin' down with 3P
Everybody loves me
Oh

Britney didn't even sing in her albums, the definition of industry plant:messga:

...........  "Myah Jean"       :toofunny: 

Spoiler

That's shady as hell lmao who did this?:lmao:

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

AdmistTheLight

Why are Britney fan still pressed with Christina?? Let the girl flops in peace, geez

Liberaté mi amor

7 hours ago, Chris Martin said:

If you don't like the company
Let's just do it you and me
You and me
Or three
Or four
On the floor!

One, two, three
Not only you and me
Got one eighty degrees
And I'm caught in between
Countin'
One, two, three
Peter, Paul and Mary
Gettin' down with 3P
Everybody loves me
Oh

Britney didn't even sing in her albums, the definition of industry plant:messga:

6 hours ago, PressESCToQuit said:

You're saying this as if I support Britney lmao theyre both as awful as each other

But this means you both admit that Larry Rudolph is the worst manager in the history of the music industry.

Reject False Icons
3 hours ago, PrincessVenus said:

did this pop forum time travel back to 2001:oprah:

I can’t believe a fan site could discover time travel :ladyhaha:

IAmNotHere1997

Because it's true. Xtina actually contributes into the writing and production process, unlike Britney that has little to no creative input in her musical projects. She comes in the studio, reads lyrics written by others, says "Cool", "I like that" to songs, and that's all. Why do you think Britney's discography consists mainly in catchy pop songs about love and sex? Because she's a label puppet.

And saying that Xtina is not a songwriter just because she did not contribute in writing tracks from her debut album, which latter became some of her biggest hits, is wrong. She made Stripped especially so she can let go of that manufactured popstar image and say exactly what she wanna say.

4 hours ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Because it's true. Xtina actually contributes into the writing and production process, unlike Britney that has little to no creative input in her musical projects. She comes in the studio, reads lyrics written by others, says "Cool", "I like that" to songs, and that's all. Why do you think Britney's discography consists mainly in catchy pop songs about love and sex? Because she's a label puppet.

And saying that Xtina is not a songwriter just because she did not contribute in writing tracks from her debut album, which latter became some of her biggest hits, is wrong. She made Stripped especially so she can let go of that manufactured popstar image and say exactly what she wanna say.

How is this different that Britney, and In The Zone?  And the last time I checked, of the two, only Britney has demonstrated  she can actually play a musical instrument and compose a hit with it:

And Britney was able to compose her break-up hit without relying on Timbaland.  I find that very funny.

imnotyourbabe10

I can see why folks argue about this to an extent.  It seems somewhat disingenuous to not really author your own stuff but it's not the end of the world.  Always fondly recall Gaga, during TMB, saying something like, "You're not going to spend your hard earned money on a show to have some bitch lip sync her way through it!"  :firega:

Anyway, it seems like these debates can be settled with a simple Wikipedia search so I don't see what the fuss is about for some.  Just my two cents.  (Though I would like to learn more about songwriters like Diane Warren and the people behind the scenes -- we hardly see them/know about their perspectives!  *heads to Wikipedia*).

IAmNotHere1997
1 hour ago, mzncb said:

How is this different that Britney, and In The Zone?  And the last time I checked, of the two, only Britney has demonstrated  she can actually play a musical instrument and compose a hit with it:

And Britney was able to compose her break-up hit without relying on Timbaland.  I find that very funny.

Last time I checked, in 2018 actually, not 2003, Britney herself addmited she can't play piano

3 hours ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Last time I checked, in 2018 actually, not 2003, Britney herself addmited she can't play piano

The last time I checked, evidence is  "the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid."

Based on the literal definition, there is absolutely no evidence Christina Aguilera, Beyonce Knowles or Robyn Rihanna Fenty have ever composed music let alone a global music hit, unlike Britney Spears.

Archived