Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Hate Ariana’s discography but love Dangerous Woman?

Stef

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I used to dislike her music, especially Problem (I felt like the yelling was too much) and Break Free but gave her a chance when I listened to Dangerous Woman a couple of times, it’s a very sensual song so I really liked it, then she released Into You and that was catchy as hell so decided to listen to the full album and yep, only liked DW and Into You, deleted the rest. I can’t stand Nicki on Side To Side and the rest are very average.

Same with Sweetener, gave the album a chance and liked God is a woman and Breathin’ but can’t stand No Tears and pretty much the rest of the album. Thank U Next feels like the most consistent album yet, rarely skipped tracks and liked it the most out of those 3 albums. 

FfFfFfFF

I listened to it plenty of times, I tried to like but I just can't. It sounds formulaic and predictable. Other than a few songs which I enjoy a lot and even call pop perfection (Touch It, Into You, Side to Side, Greedy) the songs fall flat.

But this an issue which I have with all her albums. There is this mass of R&B songs that I don't care about and about 3-4 very good songs.

holy scheisse

Thinking Bout You is literally my fav Ariana song, it's so underrated. Love a lot on this album, but I still think her music only gets better collectively with time. She sounds more genuine as she grows in my opinion.

ryansamonster

I’ve been asking myself this question for years. Something about it just works, whereas her other albums haven’t done it for me. 

RahrahWitch

That's me :ladyhaha:

I don't know I feel like the only songs i like of hers are when she does Pop like ones from dangerous woman. Greedy is one of the only songs from her recently that I still listen to.

AlexanderMagno

That is me.

Personally, I'm not into R&B (and trap), and Dangerous Woman is probably her most pop work. But it's not just pop, it's a good mix. Each song is a pop work that is influenced by a different genre. I think that was very well achieved.

Also, the whole album has this passionate, almost bittersweet feeling to it. It's a very moody album, and I like that.

Everything else from her sounds boring to me. To be honest, it's one of the cases where I don't find her work particularly bad, I simply don't like it.

Gaga Ooh Lala

Tbh, for a (now) major pop star, her discography is meh. She sells her image more that the songs. Gaga, Katy and the rest had such memorable string of hits that even the older generation got familiar with. My mom only knows her from Break Free. IMO, Into You and Thank U, Next are her best-made pop hits to date but 7 rings is also a bop along Problem and Break Free.

Archived