Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Jeffree's Response

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

JohnnyVersace
55 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Let me just throw it out there for you online activist-wannabes... nobody sided with her because she's a cisgendered white straight woman. Nobody. That literally could not be further from the truth. Why? Their audience is young *** hags and queer. There is nobody watching these videos that would be receptive to that.

So no, he would never get a free pass for being gay or genserfluid or both or whatever he wants. It's not a get out of jail free card. "Sorry officer, I know I was speeding but I'm gay so.. bye" no. 

I'm so absolutely sick of the lgbt community, sjw,  etc acting like victims. Yes people had rights denied, yes there's been trouble... But you are privileged kids on the internet using $800 phones, living free in your parents homes eating poptarts, creating memes about nuns, standing a multimillionaire singer on an online forum where everybody is relatively like-minded and you're allowed to do all this freely. You haven't suffered shít and neither has James Charles. He's a 19 year old millionaire developing a makeup and merchandise empire. My heart does not bleed for him and I certainly don't have sympathy for his "struggles" or yours. They are not worthy of thought. 

Perspective please. 

I'm sorry, but if you believe that privileged people can't be more active, rework their perspectives, and better themselves and their communities, then you're simply pessimistic and sad. 

1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I understand his response but he's almost made himself look like he was lying and over-exaggerating with statements like "he tried to mass manipulate you all today," "I've got the real receipts" and all that. It's not like I'm disappointed because I live for drama but rather because if there is genuinely something bad about James, we need to know. If you find out someone is a terrible person for whatever reason, for God's sake, tell someone. If it's serious enough, tell the police. Don't keep it to yourself and put others at risk. Don't keep stuff to yourself that could cause this person to hurt others. It makes me wonder why Jeffree suddenly backed out. Is it because he fear relapsing into old mistakes by being the controversial tea spiller? Or did he get threatened to keep his mouth shut by James or someone else? I just think the sudden 180 is too big a change overnight.

Having an answer to everything doesn't mean you're telling the truth, though. And he did not sufficiently cover everything or provide proof for everything. He didn't seem like someone accepting his flaws, he seemed smug. "Figuring out your sexuality" doesn't mean having a fetish for approaching straight guys. That's bizarre. Why is hardly anyone referencing that old video where he was doing Shane's boyfriend's make up and when given the advice that he should stay away from straight guys he responds "Because there's no challenge"? Someone who views their love life as a challenge has issues, fact.

And I'm a straight, cisgendered white woman (though why insert whiteness into this, James is white as well, that's irrelevant) and I disagree. Just because you come from a more privileged group doesn't mean you don't have the right to criticise. That's way too convenient a theory for bad people in oppressed groups to continue being bad. He may not be a predator but that doesn't mean that he can't act in a predatory manner. I also doubt he's a virgin in that sense either. We know about the stuff he so explicitly claimed to do so it's not like he's inexperienced. More accepted? James was the one who was more famous, had more followers. I never knew who Tati was until last week. She was the underdog here - she said herself that to take on a big YouTuber with more subscribers, she thought she could get ignored and she would take the hit. And perhaps being a woman doesn't help in these situations? So many women get disbelieved when they take on men, particularly when the man is more successful than her. And while men can make a comeback after a scandal, when women are cancelled, they stay cancelled, so she took a risk.

What's being beautiful and liking make up got to do with critiquing a gay person? Your correlation makes no sense. Sliding into DMs is unwelcome to  a lot of people, actually and especially to people who aren't even of your sexuality. It may not be predatrory per se, but it is ill advised. And your calling Tati a prude is really uncalled for just because she didn't think talking about explicit topics at the dinner table in front of family and talking about it to your parents faces is acceptable. I don't know one person who's comfortable talking about sex in front of family. I'm raunchy as hell in certain circles but wouldn't dream of talking like that around family. She simply said there was a time and place. That's not being prudish, that's just being understanding to everyone's offence levels. And she did say it was fine for someone to experiment. I doubt she'd be unaccepting of a non-straight identity considering she's supported James from the beginning as well as Jeffree and said that she loves men in make up.

giphy.gif

There's a lot of personal opinion and heated words in here, so I'm not going to try and shift your opinion. What I am saying regarding Tati is that she faced no challenge entering the beauty community, and doesn't have the same perspective or hurdles to face that James did. She's a woman, she's stereotypically beautiful, she's poised, she's a bit more mature. There were no judgment based on her sexuality, gender, appearance, etc. James (whether you want to admit it or not) is one of the few men who pioneered male inclusion in the industry, and changed the game. There weren't many beauty boys before him, and he had to go against the standard of beauty in the world, the notion that men can't wear makeup. Simply put, the world does not (or did not) accept men in makeup the way women are. Period. 

She has millions of subscribers the fact that you didn't know of her is irrelevant, because she's a staple in the community with huge deals, endorsements and views. Coming for his sexuality, when his sexuality plays a huge role in who he is an influencer, and the hurdles he had to face to get there, is flawed. To side with her because she simply doesn't understand, to me, is turning your back on the gay community, and really lacks an ounce of sympathy.

You, @StrawberryBlond as a straight female, might not understand the attraction of gay men to straight men. Perhaps you've been fed the incorrect truth that gay men are only attracted to gay men. It's simply not true, and everyone has there own sexual preferences. I'm sure that James' attraction stems from childhood, issues with his father, or a past with bullying from straight boys. We see it everyday on here with thirsty gays lusting after straight, male celebrities. It's not a "fetish" and he wasn't "turning" a straight man, as the waiter in question initially identified as bicurious, and consented as an adult to an encounter with James. It's not "bizarre", but he did go about flirting or trying to connect in the wrong way. 

For a 38 year-old to annihilate him, call him gross, and make his sexual history fodder for millions of people, is immature and petty. She KNEW that he was a virgin, yet still made his sexuality public discussion. That's horribly traumatizing for a subject matter that is already touchy for gay people. If she was more in tune with the LGBT community, she wouldn't have been as brash and judgmental. Point blank. And imo, it stems from her lack of hardship in relation to "beauty", and sorry to say it, privilege. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
michael angelo
6 minutes ago, StreamDelicate said:

Y'all need to go outside

african american facts GIF

we could belong together

uo111

Who would’ve thought, after all this, that all three of them would come out on top and only trashriel zamboni would be on bottom.

I am living, these mother****ers played us all. Can’t wait to see what the next beauty guru scandal will be.

Taylucifer
18 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

I just don't see this :laughga: because he wanted to clear his name he's egotistical??

Yes, they are both egotistical but I think Jeffree is at least aware of this. James on the other hand:reductive:

Yes, Jeffree probably just wanted to clear his name. But I'm just holding out hope that he will change and if he doesn't... I'll unsubscribe:selena:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

StrawberryBlond
21 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

I'm sorry, but if you believe that privileged people can't be more active, rework their perspectives, and better themselves and their communities, then you're simply pessimistic and sad. 

giphy.gif

There's a lot of personal opinion and heated words in here, so I'm not going to try and shift your opinion. What I am saying regarding Tati is that she faced no challenge entering the beauty community, and doesn't have the same perspective or hurdles to face that James did. She's a woman, she's stereotypically beautiful, she's poised, she's a bit more mature. There were no judgment based on her sexuality, gender, appearance, etc. James (whether you want to admit it or not) is one of the few men who pioneered male inclusion in the industry, and changed the game. There weren't many beauty boys before him, and he had to go against the standard of beauty in the world, the notion that men can't wear makeup. Simply put, the world does not (or did not) accept men in makeup the way women are. Period. 

She has millions of subscribers the fact that you didn't know of her is irrelevant, because she's a staple in the community with huge deals, endorsements and views. Coming for his sexuality, when his sexuality plays a huge role in who he is an influencer, and the hurdles he had to face to get there, is flawed. To side with her because she simply doesn't understand, to me, is turning your back on the gay community, and really lacks an ounce of sympathy.

You, @StrawberryBlond as a straight female, might not understand the attraction of gay men to straight men. Perhaps you've been fed the incorrect truth that gay men are only attracted to gay men. It's simply not true, and everyone has there own sexual preferences. I'm sure that James' attraction stems from childhood, issues with his father, or a past with bullying from straight boys. We see it everyday on here with thirsty gays lusting after straight, male celebrities. It's not a "fetish" and he wasn't "turning" a straight man, as the waiter in question initially identified as bicurious, and consented as an adult to an encounter with James. It's not "bizarre", but he did go about flirting or trying to connect in the wrong way. 

For a 38 year-old to annihilate him, call him gross, and make his sexual history fodder for millions of people, is immature and petty. She KNEW that he was a virgin, yet still made his sexuality public discussion. That's horribly traumatizing for a subject matter that is already touchy for gay people. If she was more in tune with the LGBT community, she wouldn't have been as brash and judgmental. Point blank. And imo, it stems from her lack of hardship in relation to "beauty", and sorry to say it, privilege. 

Of course they can but that doesn't mean those from oppressed groups can't either.

Tati is older, which automatically changes the whole game above all else. In most industries, the beauty industries included, when you're a woman and you hit your mid-20's, you start to be considered "old." And less people want to support an older person, both companies and the public. Tati herself said: "I'm a woman in her late 30's in the beauty industry and brands want to work with me. And I'm not 25. That representation matters." Speaking as a woman who's nearly 30, I know how she feels and it's so hard for women to get a foothold in any industry but especially the beauty industry. In comparison, the 2 most followed beauty gurus are men. Nothing against men in make up, but don't you think, logically, those positions should be a woman's domain seeing as the products are primarily aimed at women? Even the people who run these companies are men. Tati joined YouTube in 2010 and only had 5.9 subscibers pre-Bye Sister. James had garned 16.5 million in about 3 years. I think it's safe to say that being young gives you that edge. Maybe you don't understand as you're not a woman and not in the older age bracket. Just as you claim that I don't understand what it's like to be part of other oppressed groups, maybe you're a bit similar? Perhaps you could do with an ounce of sympathy.

Of course gay men are attracted to men who aren't gay as well, I never said they weren't. But it's all about being realistic with this reality and understanding that you can't just hit on every guy you like as chances are, they won't be into you. Yes, there will be consensual encounters as well but there can just as easily be a lot of awkwardness and hurt feelings if you're not careful. James seems to have an unhealthy fascination with straight men, he's always talking about experiences with them and posting memes and tweets about them. Sounds rather fetish like to me. Why does he even state their sexuality and just cite them as men he's attracted to? By unnecessarily mentioning their sexuality, it suggests there's a bigger agenda there.

While we don't know James's exact sexual history, to call him a virgin is an exaggeration. He's not a virgin in the way that someone totally inexperienced is. I think he totally exaggerated things with that statement to get sympathy when he's spoken explicitly many times about the stuff he's done. Gay virginity is also looked at differently. Some think that as long as they don't do actually go all the way, they're still a virgin and some think that because they've never done anything with women (and believe that's where the loss of virginity lies) that they're eternal virgins no matter what they do with men. Judging by how openly he speaks about this stuff at family dinner tables and restaurants, I doubt he's embarrassed. Tati is perfectly within her rights to call out someone who she feels treated her badly. It doesn't matter what community they're from - bad behaviour should be noticed.

Archived