:air:

i'm glad you're reading the summaries HAHAHAA

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ElectricKing

5. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone

Final Score: 8.1

In at 5 is where it all started, the first instalment of the Harry Potter movie franchise. We all know the story; Harry Potter learns on his eleventh birthday that he is in fact a wizard and has been chosen to go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Although possibly overshadowed by the later films, classic is classic and we all sit down to watch this every Christmas on TV.

giphy.gif

Highest: 11 @Daenerys, @Lazz Monster

Lowest: 2 @Blue Madonna

Comments:

@Deku: The amazing set and prop design, combined with the incredible score, is why the movie franchise was so strong. They executed so many aspects of the books perfectly! Not to mention the incredible casting of so many characters. This film may not have been flawless as an individual piece, but it was a perfect storm for setting up the universe.

@DeluluSwine: It's a pretty good introduction to the series but I think it could have been a lot better. It can be too slow-paced at points. The soundtrack by John Williams is amazing. He brings so much magic to this and the other two movies. Basically everyone knows Hedwig's Theme.

@SwissMonster: What a beginning! This movie was truly magical! Everytime I see it I just love it! It’s not the best one, but one of the best

@Mirages: A great start to a great franchise.

Mirages
Just now, PinkPop said:

shall we take it back to where it all started?

Please just end this misery :reductive:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Othon

Too low! Still adorable, captures the innocent magic of the first book. The ending still gets me. It's a completely different iteration of the concept of Harry Potter than what we ended up with near the last few films, but that iteration still holds up. :diane:

ElectricKing
Just now, OG Gaga Stan said:

Too low! Still adorable, captures the innocent magic of the first book. The ending still gets me. It's a completely different iteration of the concept of Harry Potter than what we ended up with near the last few films, but that iteration still holds up. :diane:

i love your little commentary along the way lmao even if some of them are a little...barbaric :ladyhaha:

HotLikeMexico

I LOVE Harry Potter!

but what is a “ceremony” and a megrate tho? Asking for a friend. 

ElectricKing
3 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

I LOVE Harry Potter!

but what is a “ceremony” and a megrate tho? Asking for a friend. 

megarate is where someone picks a topic and people interested in that topic and decide to join the megarate and send their rates on the characters, films, songs etc that were chosen to the person who started the megarate. the person then enters all the votes and finds out the average for each character, film etc.

the ceremony is the results of all the votes everyone gave and then everyone discusses them throughout.

ElectricKing

4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1

Final Score: 8.4

Where all the scores start to get close, the first part of the final story comes in at number 4 where we see the trio try and find and destroy the secret to Voldemort’s immortality, the horcruxes. Another slowly-brooding film following in Half-Blood Prince’s footsteps, the film is filled with anticipation, mystery and darkness.

h1F7D28FF

Highest: 11 @OG Gaga Stan

Lowest: 4 @DiamondKing, @Blue Madonna

Comments:

@DeluluSwine: I'm still not over the scene where Dobby dies and they bury him   Such a dark and emotional movie.

@SwissMonster: Gods start for the grand final! But compared to some other movies it can’t get to them. Still a good movie though!

@MANiCURE 6 : This film is my favorite along with its second part. I find the mood of the film so interesting. Also the hunt with the DeathEaters, the Snatchers and the three main characters is so epic!

@Mirages: If Order is to the series what Shallow is to Gaga, then this one is their Bad Romance.

DiamondKing
1 minute ago, PinkPop said:

4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1

Final Score: 8.4

Where all the scores start to get close, the first part of the final story comes in at number 4 where we see the trio try and find and destroy the secret to Voldemort’s immortality, the horcruxes. Another slowly-brooding film following in Half-Blood Prince’s footsteps, the film is filled with anticipation, mystery and darkness.

h1F7D28FF

Highest: 11 @OG Gaga Stan

Lowest: 4 @DiamondKing, @Blue Madonna

Comments:

@DeluluSwine: I'm still not over the scene where Dobby dies and they bury him   Such a dark and emotional movie.

@SwissMonster: Gods start for the grand final! But compared to some other movies it can’t get to them. Still a good movie though!

@MANiCURE 6 : This film is my favorite along with its second part. I find the mood of the film so interesting. Also the hunt with the DeathEaters, the Snatchers and the three main characters is so epic!

@Mirages: If Order is to the series what Shallow is to Gaga, then this one is their Bad Romance.

Finally :tony:

Archived