Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Michelle Phan Appreciation

ItWasntLaauv

Featured Posts

ItWasntLaauv

Decided to re edit this thread to just be a Michelle Phan appreciation thread. She is lovely and she is missed on the YouTube platform, especially now. If you have any memories from watching her videos, leave them in the thread below. :heart:

I remember watching her old Lady Gaga tutorials and her mini short film narratives that she would put in some of her tutorials. I remember one in particular called “The Sweetest Thing” and I would watch it over and over (I’m not sure if she deleted it or not). She just has such a magical quality about her and she puts that into her content and I miss that charm and originality that early YouTubers had. It’s become so saturated with garbage and I long for when creators can start to make content like that again. I miss it. :heart:

ItWasntLaauv
Just now, Magneto said:

Are we still taking about these ppl?:saladga:

Look in any direction on the internet and people are talking about it, f*cking CNN is talking about it, I’m over it just as much as you and I need to rant about how stupid all this sh*t is when there’s countless other things we can spend our brain power thinking about. I’m sick of seeing it everywhere.

People love this and they like to act like they are outraged. If people did not act this way, it would not be a big deal. This love for cancel culture and ending peoples career is what the problem is.

ItWasntLaauv
2 minutes ago, Marionette said:

MICHELLE PHAN!

makeup sailor moon costume GIF by Michelle Phan

B!tch come back :diane:

SHES THE ABSOLUTE BEST, SOMEONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS HOW I FEEL!! :giveup::heart:

gag

LOVEEE Michelle Phan but she had a lot of drama surrounding her too. It was mostly underground so it didn’t feel like it was as toxic / dramatic as it does now. She quit at the best time possible TBH, if she came back she would be skulldragged.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

LOVE JUNKIE
1 hour ago, gag said:

LOVEEE Michelle Phan but she had a lot of drama surrounding her too. It was mostly underground so it didn’t feel like it was as toxic / dramatic as it does now. She quit at the best time possible TBH, if she came back she would be skulldragged.

I remember watching her way back in the day, but I never heard about any of the drama I just kinda forgot she existed :toofunny: so what's the tea? :tea:

on a three day bender

RAMROD

She is smart to walk out and put her mental health first, before YT beauty community gets so toxic.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

MonsterJay
2 hours ago, gag said:

Sis had drama...

where! Lol

AdmistTheLight
5 minutes ago, MonsterJay said:

Sis had drama...

where! Lol

If I remember correctly, she had a huge scandal about copying other brands to her cosmetic line as well as having low quality. She was pretty big in my country as she is from here.

Liberaté mi amor

gag
3 hours ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

I remember watching her way back in the day, but I never heard about any of the drama I just kinda forgot she existed :toofunny: so what's the tea? :tea:

2 hours ago, MonsterJay said:

Sis had drama...

where! Lol

She had a lot of drama over lying about growing up poor,  the damaging skincare tips that she had, copying other artists, selling out to big brands / not disclosing sponsors, culture appropriation. Stuff like that. She was the #1 target on Guru Gossip for a long time.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

John Wayne

I’m not even interested in make up at all, but Michelle was one of the first youtubers I started watching and I loved her videos. I watched mostly because of her voice and the way she talked, it was sooo relaxing. 

Last time I heard about her I remember she was being sued or smth like that for the music she used in the videos and I know that she left yt because of her mental health. Does anyone know what she’s doing recently?

Versace

She technically paved the way for beauty gurus on Youtube. Sadly, none followed her example and turned out to be quite problematic. 

Archived