event

Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam - The Winner is ITALY!

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Dutch said:

@Josip now the more reliable source confirmed Charlotte and they also said it will be a schlager bop. We won. @Bellatrix FAD where are you?

Bop incoming!

Ahhhhh, it seems like The Netherlands as a host and many other countries are ready to give it an extra push this year. 2021 has to be epic :bradley:

• YAAAS 1
  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dutch

• kvnrp

• Bellatrix

• Josip

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the thread for Eurovision Song Contest 2021! The contest took place at the Ahoy Arena in Rotterdam, The Netherlands who was supposed to host in 2020 following the victory of Duncan Lauren

I wish I had a romantic relationship as strong and loyal as Greece and Cyprus

Me when we won: oh, finally a host country without war and corruption. Finally a non problematic country. Corona:

2 minutes ago, Josip said:

Bop incoming!

Ahhhhh, it seems like The Netherlands as a host and many other countries are ready to give it an extra push this year. 2021 has to be epic :bradley:

I’m still a bit worried about the audience but besides that it will be a huge slay. :pray:

• YAAAS 1
Bellatrix
On 11/23/2020 at 11:26 PM, Dutch said:

Danny, Eric, Anton...

Dotter sis, you better give us the next Euphoria.

Oh my, if that is true they better have some bops. Lately they have switched to do music in Swedish and it hasn't been my cup of tea :poot: 

• Like 1
Bellatrix
4 hours ago, Dutch said:

@Josip now the more reliable source confirmed Charlotte and they also said it will be a schlager bop. We won. @Bellatrix FAD where are you?

My old computer has been very slow lately so I've been avoiding using it and I don't like GGD on the phone/iPad so I haven't made many visits but I got a new computer yesterday so now I'm back and will update the OP shortly :vegas: 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Oh my, if that is true they better have some bops. Lately they have switched to do music in Swedish and it hasn't been my cup of tea :poot: 

Let’s hope they went to Melfest because they have a Melfest worthy song and not just being there for promo of their album then. :poot:

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

My old computer has been very slow lately so I've been avoiding using it and I don't like GGD on the phone/iPad so I haven't made many visits but I got a new computer yesterday so now I'm back and will update the OP shortly :vegas: 

Glad you are back! Can’t have a Eurovision thread without you of course. :bon:

• Love 1
TheAlexer
On 11/25/2020 at 6:24 PM, Dutch said:

I’m still a bit worried about the audience but besides that it will be a huge slay. :pray:

Just make Covid vaccination mandatory for entrance tbh. I know it may exclude people that are unable to get it until then but we have to make priorities

On 11/26/2020 at 8:35 PM, TheAlexer said:

Just make Covid vaccination mandatory for entrance tbh. I know it may exclude people that are unable to get it until then but we have to make priorities

It’s not gonna be that easy. Especially since most countries will start with vaccinating on different dates. And for example in NL the elder and vulnerable people will get it first, then the people with contact jobs etc. I don’t think many people will be vaccinated in May. Plus you’ll have to refund the already sold tickets etc. etc. The priority will be the health of the people and not Eurovision.

They have the 4 options worked out and I still think they will go for option two where the audience will have to sit in a 1.5 metres distance from each other. That did work before the second wave did hit NL. A normal Eurovision will happen in 2022.

But also NL has now many experience with recording TV shows in corona time. They know how to make it look and sound good with a smaller audience. 

• Like 1
Bellatrix

Yeah I don't think a live audience for 2021 will be possible at all. Not that I know much about the Dutch situation but according to the authorities here in Sweden it will take at least one more year before the vaccination will have enough effect for us to go back to a somewhat normal life, as the elderly and other risk groups will have the first priority in the beginning of next year IF the vaccine gets approved.

I also have doubts about the concept of a potential audience sitting 1,5 metres away from each other. It´s not just during the show, they would also have to make sure that it doesn´t get too crowded outside the arena before and after the show and also during the interval acts when people go to buy snacks and stuff. It´s not an easy task.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Yeah I don't think a live audience for 2021 will be possible at all. Not that I know much about the Dutch situation but according to the authorities here in Sweden it will take at least one more year before the vaccination will have enough effect for us to go back to a somewhat normal life, as the elderly and other risk groups will have the first priority in the beginning of next year IF the vaccine gets approved.

I also have doubts about the concept of a potential audience sitting 1,5 metres away from each other. It´s not just during the show, they would also have to make sure that it doesn´t get too crowded outside the arena before and after the show and also during the interval acts when people go to buy snacks and stuff. It´s not an easy task.

Well, we already did most of that after the first lockdown. We created queues with spots where you can stand and not stand. Like I said, if the numbers are low enough an audience is possible in the Dutch corona rules and the experience is there to do it with the COVID rules.

Me myself almost went to a concert but the second wave came and the new rules were announced for that weekend I was going to the concert so I missed it. :selena: 

The rules back then were: everybody must be seated at a table. Only two people per table. There also were some solo spots. When you entered the venue you had to wear your mask until you were seated. You aren’t allowed to move from your seat and you can’t get a drink. They let the people in 1 by 1. Depending on the corona numbers there was max amount of people that was allowed in the venue. This is option 2 of the for 4.

Themselves describe it as:

Scenario B: Socially distant Eurovision Song Contest – at 1.5 meters

Everyone present at the Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam would need to practice social distancing and remain 1.5 meters from each other at all times.

Again, there would be 9 shows, with an audience in the arena, but with limited capacity to allow for social distancing.

Teams from each participating broadcaster would travel to Rotterdam, but with limits on the number of people in each delegation and on the number of press who could attend. Activities in and around Rotterdam would be adapted accordingly.

Because there would be less space for the audience in this scenario, a new seating layout would have to be made. If that happens, a fair draw will be held to decide who can still attend each show. There will be more information about this in the first months of 2021. Anyone who is unsuccessful in the draw will, of course, be refunded the full purchase amount for their tickets.

• Like 1
  • Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands
  • Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam - The Winner is ITALY!
  • Jase unpinned and locked this topic