event

Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam - The Winner is ITALY!

Featured Posts

Dutch
1 hour ago, Josip said:

Damir Kedzo will NOT represent Croatia next year as Dora 2021 will return to Opatija. It also seems that he won't get an automatic spot in the final. Well deserved :billie:

Kinda sad since he really looked a humble and hot guy. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dutch

• kvnrp

• Bellatrix

• Josip

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the thread for Eurovision Song Contest 2021! The contest took place at the Ahoy Arena in Rotterdam, The Netherlands who was supposed to host in 2020 following the victory of Duncan Lauren

I wish I had a romantic relationship as strong and loyal as Greece and Cyprus

Me when we won: oh, finally a host country without war and corruption. Finally a non problematic country. Corona:

kvnrp
19 hours ago, Dutch said:

In other news, rumour has it that the 2021 dates will be announced tomorrow.

And they are :vegas:

Semi 1: May 18
Semi 2: May 20
Final: May 22

Edited by kvnrp
  • YAAAS 3
Josip
1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Kinda sad since he really looked a humble and hot guy. 

He has all that and his voice, but terrible songs so bye

• Like 1
Dutch
40 minutes ago, Josip said:

He has all that and his voice, but terrible songs so bye

Yeah, but what are the chances we will get anything better? 

Zero GIF by memecandy

• LMAO 1
Josip
5 hours ago, Dutch said:

Yeah, but what are the chances we will get anything better? 

Zero GIF by memecandy

Croatia, the power bottom of ESC since 2007 (2001 if we count the last top 10) :firega:

• LMAO 1
TheAlexer

(If Corona is still a problem next year)

It would honestly be ok for me if they would only let people who live in Rotterdam/South Holland attend the shows if that would mean that we'd be able to get a full arena for the broadcast. They could e.g all sign some official paper that they are obliged to quarantine for two weeks afterwards

But I guess this won't be considered by the EBU cause it's "nOt in the SpiRIt OF tHe COnTeST"

• Like 1
DesertWolf

Prerecorded backing vocals will be allowed next year and they are also ready for a different format of contest in case covid makes it worse to have a normal ESC contest on an arena packed of fans, they don't specify the other options they have in mind tho 

RAIN ON ME
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
Dutch
On 6/16/2020 at 10:20 PM, TheAlexer said:

(If Corona is still a problem next year)

It would honestly be ok for me if they would only let people who live in Rotterdam/South Holland attend the shows if that would mean that we'd be able to get a full arena for the broadcast. They could e.g all sign some official paper that they are obliged to quarantine for two weeks afterwards

But I guess this won't be considered by the EBU cause it's "nOt in the SpiRIt OF tHe COnTeST"

In the Netherlands we didn’t have Corona rules for different regions but just for NL as a whole. So I think if they will do something like that, it will be NL only and not just South Holland. I could see it happen, though the borders are getting opened again and traveling is allowed, so I think they won’t make it a NL only party. It’s either audience like normale or no audience.

Dutch

Prerecorded backings would’ve saved a lot of performances in the past. I think it’s a good thing tho. Now we can get more dancers on stage since we don’t need the backings/not as much and the song will sound better. It also will save a lot of time and money without the backings. Dancers didn’t need any technical preparations while the backings did. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
Dutch

The Eurovision fanbase is so mad, lmao. As if that much will change. The lead backing vocalist still has to be live and of course the lead singer itself too. They are acting it will end up like a playback show. Can they not. :air:

• Like 1
Josip
3 hours ago, Dutch said:

The Eurovision fanbase is so mad, lmao. As if that much will change. The lead backing vocalist still has to be live and of course the lead singer itself too. They are acting it will end up like a playback show. Can they not. :air:

This. IMO songs like Portugal 2017 or Netherlands 2019 would still win if that rule existed before and it wouldn't affect them. Only now we won't have to hear so many tragic live performances and the show will be closer to immaculate :firega:

The whole package is what wins Eurovision/achieves a nice placing, not flawless live vocals

• Like 1
Dutch
21 hours ago, Josip said:

This. IMO songs like Portugal 2017 or Netherlands 2019 would still win if that rule existed before and it wouldn't affect them. Only now we won't have to hear so many tragic live performances and the show will be closer to immaculate :firega:

The whole package is what wins Eurovision/achieves a nice placing, not flawless live vocals

I mean it’s a SONG contest and not The Voice. As you said, people don’t have to use the recorder backings, they can still live backings. But imagine the Stupid Love chorus whales sounds with live backings. That would be weird as ****. :air:

• LMAO 2
  • Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands
  • Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam - The Winner is ITALY!
  • Jase unpinned and locked this topic