• Created
  • Last Reply
Varys

That girl from the Netherlands shaded her sooo hard Omg 

I screamed :sharon:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Melech
50 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

So? One had Israel too.. People are dying in Palestine and it’s time for someone to say something about it. Thousands of people die every day in Palestine and Israel is celebrating Eurovision... Should we all just ignore that? 

Thousands people? That’s an exaggeration. And not like Israelis didn’t get killed. 

Anyway glad Madonna stands up for a two state solution. 

lego

“They are so naive, they think we are not aware of their crimes."

:chica:

dancer with Palestinian flag 🇵🇸 was in at least 3 frames. All in white, falling down, like being shot? I’m sure there’s a lot of metaphors there, but still... and that ending was meh... She could’ve done better. 

FreePalestine

Melech
45 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

That Israeli/Palestine moment was pretty blatant PR after her refusal to honor the BDS boycott of Israel and while I respect the attempt, I'm not impressed. The "let's all get along" sentiment ignores the political and social motivations behind the occupation. Almost childish. 

The performance as a whole was a bit of a mess.

I‘m glad she isn’t honoring antisemites <3

LUO YI

I actually liked LAP but I get what you mean :selena:

The night sky tells all

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Melech said:

Thousands people? That’s an exaggeration. And not like Israelis didn’t get killed. 

Anyway glad Madonna stands up for a two state solution. 

Well we all know some of you would like for it just to be on one side but people from Palestine had to protect themselves somehow.. sorry to break it to you :diane: and no it's not exaggeration.

Sneaky Oliver

God I swear you guys hate this woman just for the sake of it. I enjoy the trap remix of LAP its not a big deal tbh. Someone could please share a video of  Future performance? Please 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

I'm always for M, but this was such a missed opportunity! 😔I did not hate it, but didn't love it either, which a strange felling when it comes to how I feel about Madonna. I actually just feel sad. 😞

My main problems with it:

- very poor arrangements of LAP - what even was that? Whoever did those arrangements should never work with M ever again. How did they manage to turn LAP into such a lifeless song? 

- very low energy all throughout the performance - this was a major issue for me with the performance. Overall, very theatrical, but without any kind of high energy moments, which made the entire performance lifeless.

- she sang live, but the vocals were weak - this was a major problem from the start, with lots of flat moments, and that combined with the arrangement and with all the other elements totally removed any sort of wonder from the performance. Not sure what happened here. I have seen her sing LAP live in different tours, very high energy performances, and she always hits the notes without a problem, so yeah, this is one of the main things that made me sad.

- costume and eyepatch are a problem too - the costume seems too heavy and the eye-patch only contributes to limiting her moves. I would much prefer less on the costume side, but much more movement from her.

- songs chosen - although I like Future, the vibe of the song is not suitable for Eurovision - I initially thought this would not be a problem, because of the content and political message of the song, but no, didn't work at all, and seeing Quavo there made it even worse.

I liked the interlude, and the final message, but the whole thing just totally lacked energy. 

The flags moment was good, and the most memorable thing from the performance for me. This was the only "Yesssss" moment. The issue is that this will be completely eclipsed by everything else.

So all in all,  it wasn't awful per se, but, in my opinion, was just boring and unmemorable and in the end it feels like a big wasted opportunity. 😔

EDIT: And sorry for the long post. Just wanted to put my feelings out there... 

MessyTop
Just now, steel said:

I'm always for M, but this was such a missed opportunity! 😔I did not hate it, but didn't love it either, which a strange felling when it comes to how I feel about Madonna. I actually just feel sad. 😞

- very poor arrangements of LAP - what even was that? Whoever did those arrangements should never work with M ever again. How did they manage to turn LAP into such a lifeless song? 

- very low energy all throughout the performance - this was a major issue for me with the performance. Overall, very theatrical, but without any kind of high energy moments, which made the entire performance lifeless.

- she sang live, but the vocals were weak - this was a major problem from the start, with lots of flat moments, and that combined with the arrangement and with all the other elements totally removed any sort of wonder from the performance. Not sure what happened here. I have seen her sing LAP live in different tours, very high energy performances, and she always hits the notes without a problem, so yeah, this is one of the main things that made me sad.

- costume and eyepatch are a problem too - the costume seems too heavy and the eye-patch only contributes to limiting her moves. I would much prefer less on the costume side, but much more movement from her.

- songs chosen - although I like Future, the vibe of the song is not suitable for Eurovision - I initially thought this would not be a problem, because of the content and political message of the song, but no, didn't work at all, and seeing Quavo there made it even worse.

I liked the interlude, and the final message, but the whole thing just totally lacked energy. 

This flags moment was good, and the most memorable thing from the performance for me. This was the only "Yesssss" moment. The issue is that this will be completely eclipsed by everything else.

So all in all,  it wasn't awful per se, but, in my opinion, was just boring and unmemorable and in the end it feels like a big wasted opportunity. 😔

I feel the same. I feel sad. Like a Prayer had no piano. That’s why I think she couldn’t find the pitch. It’s tragic and heartbreaking 

Illuminati Freak
2 minutes ago, steel said:

This flags moment was good, and the most memorable thing from the performance for me. This was the only "Yesssss" moment. The issue is that this will be completely eclipsed by everything else.

EDIT: And sorry for the long post. Just wanted to put my feelings out there, because I'm feeling really down right now.

All of this. Exactly how I felt. 

2 minutes ago, GagainsiderNYC said:

I feel the same. I feel sad. Like a Prayer had no piano. That’s why I think she couldn’t find the pitch. It’s tragic and heartbreaking 

1 minute ago, Illuminati Freak said:

All of this. Exactly how I felt. 

Totally heartbreaking! This woman has performed LAP so many times, and how could she not see this would not work? All the stage performance experience she has, all the years of being live on stage... Really don't understand. 

I will always love her, and this didn't take away from my excitement for the release of Madame X, but is that thing of living vicariously through your idols and wanting to see them always do their best, and when less good performances like this happen, it's just impossible not to feel sad. :heart:

Archived