series

HBO | His Dark Materials (TONIGHT)

Rudz Xinc

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyBabe

I am so excited that we are finally getting the quality adaptation that this story deserves. britney spears crying GIF

⚯͛

RAMROD

Looks promising!

Hope the producers are better people than those for Game of Thrones :triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Rudz Xinc
16 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Looks promising!

Hope the producers are better people than those for Game of Thrones :triggered:

They should be fine if they stick to the original materials

Look at those clowns

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Magneto
On 11/3/2019 at 1:03 PM, RudzXinc said:

It's today. Who's watching?

Omg, I just found out that the show has already started. This was one of my favorite series as a child. I actually loved the movie and hated the fact that they never continued it. I just finished episode 1 and I love it! So many memories of the story came rushing back. 

What do you think?

Free my mind

Rudz Xinc
15 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Omg, I just found out that the show has already started. This was one of my favorite series as a child. I actually loved the movie and hated the fact that they never continued it. I just finished episode 1 and I love it! So many memories of the story came rushing back. 

What do you think?

I just finished episode 4, I'm little disappointed on how they tell the story about HDM world, I know it's won't be as detail as the book. Also, the world should be fill with daemons, but they only show the daemons for certain people, even though there are lots of other people around, the "extra". Maybe it's about budget, but it bothers me a little.

I love some changes they did in the series.

Spoiler

They introduce another world (our world) so early

and I have a feeling Mrs. Coulter is from out world, and her daemon actually just exotic monkey, that's why her daemon can separate from her and never actually talk

Look at those clowns

DpHitch1992

SOOOO GOOD so far! Last nights episode was tense but its defiently about to get alot darker next week 

Magneto
1 hour ago, RudzXinc said:

I just finished episode 4, I'm little disappointed on how they tell the story about HDM world, I know it's won't be as detail as the book. Also, the world should be fill with daemons, but they only show the daemons for certain people, even though there are lots of other people around, the "extra". Maybe it's about budget, but it bothers me a little.

I love some changes they did in the series.

Hide contents

They introduce another world (our world) so early

and I have a feeling Mrs. Coulter is from out world, and her daemon actually just exotic monkey, that's why her daemon can separate from her and never actually talk

I was also very surprised by the early reveal, but I think it's actually better this way. I remember like the huge gap between the first book and the other two because of that reveal. In my head the first book and the other two always feel like two completely different stories.

Free my mind

• 4 weeks later...
Magneto

So I just watched the finale and I'm really hoping for a second season. Anyone else watched it?

Free my mind

boyerased
4 minutes ago, Magneto said:

So I just watched the finale and I'm really hoping for a second season. Anyone else watched it?

There will be a second season. What excites me is that we’ll probably see more of HBO’s influence there. 

Magneto
Just now, Kimihiro said:

There will be a second season. What excites me is that we’ll probably see more of HBO’s influence there. 

So what did you think of the finale?

Spoiler

Lord Asriels betrayal seemed so obvious here compared to the book.  Didn't he throw him of the cliff. I remember being so shocked as a kid

Free my mind

boyerased
5 hours ago, Magneto said:

So what did you think of the finale?

Hide contents

Lord Asriels betrayal seemed so obvious here compared to the book.  Didn't he throw him of the cliff. I remember being so shocked as a kid

I’ve long accepted that you can’t translate it well on screen. So yes, didn’t have the same effect on me. 

Archived