💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga dominate the 2020 Grammys?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Lady-Gaga-2019-Grammys.jpg

As of now, the 2019 music releases have been pretty weak imo. I mean there have been some bops, but nothing too revolutionary. I feel like none of the releases could threaten Gaga and Bradley's A Star Is Born.

So name whatever song/album that you think could threaten the wins in:

Album of the Year: A Star Is Born

Song of the Year: Always Remember Us This Way, I'll Never Love Again, LG6 lead

Record of the Year: Always Remember Us This Way, I'll Never Love Again, LG6 lead

Best Pop Solo Performance: Always Remember Us This Way (LG6 lead)

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: Music to My Eyes/Diggin' My Grave/I Don't Know What Love Is (LG6 lead if it features someone)

Best Song Written for Visual Media: Always Remember Us This Way/I'll Never Love Again

Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media: A Star Is Born

I honestly don't see Taylor Swift, Madonna, Katy Perry threatening A Star Is Born. Jonas Brothers, Post Malone, Bazzi, Billie Eilish, Cardi B, Justin Bieber dropped a couple of hits, but did they really serve AOTY-WINNING material? I dk. Ariana Grande was commercially successful but it still sounds like regular pop music.

I think the biggest threats are Billie Eilish and Ariana Grande, but Gaga definitely can slaughter many competitors next year, especially if LG6 starts before the deadline.

The very ones who could threaten Gaga are Adele and Beyonce, but they seem to be extremely quiet now, whereas Taylor Swift's lead single, if any indication, doesn't seem to be a threat. Especially how Reputation, one of the biggest albums of 2017, was NOT nominated for Album of the Year, and Joanne winning over Delicate, which wasn't even nominated.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ElectricKing

Music has been so crap this year, literally what even is the Hot 100? Sorry, I'll change that - POP music has been crap this year. We need Rihanna, Gaga etc to save it!!

Billie Eilish releases horrendous music. I know that's going to be an unpopular opinion but seriously what is even going on?

Ryusei

Well... there arent a lot of contenders so far lol As far as music goes: if Joanne won then ARUTW could very well win one too or INLA- 

Musery

I do think Bey is going to surprise drop, as is Kendrick. And the Grammys love them :lolga: but also keep in mind that Billie’s album has universal acclaim so while I wouldn’t say she will snatch, she could pose a challenge. 

Bradley
1 minute ago, Blue Madonna said:

I do think Bey is going to surprise drop, as is Kendrick. And the Grammys love them :lolga: but also keep in mind that Billie’s album has universal acclaim so while I wouldn’t say she will snatch, she could pose a challenge. 

Good thing about Beyonce and Kendrick is that they don't compete in Pop categories.

MrDarkGa

Is a Star is Born still eligible in 2020? Its pretty over with rn already outside of the fandom so I have serious doubts about it popping up and snatching awards next year (unless that isnt what you meant in which case so sorry). I was honestly surprised Joanne (WDYTYG) got a Grammy this year.

As for LG6, its a shot in the dark. I don't doubt it will probably debut pretty well but Gaga and her team are pretty hopeless when it comes to album campaigns and single treatments for commercial success as of late. It may be that she doesnt care about numbers or has adopted that mindset because of the underperformances in award seasons.  IMO, the only reason ASIB did so well and Shallow went so far is because it was someone else entirely handling it all. It was meticulously planned out and incredibly well executed and was repaid by the longevity.

EDIT: my baby Billie is likely to sweep a good few awards both this year and next as WWAFAWDWG was acclaimed, anticipated and record-breaking even before it dropped. If she and her team handle it well, she's in good shape. 

Bradley
5 minutes ago, AnnTakamaki said:

Will she ever releases LG6 ?:derpga::messga: 

Even if she doesn't, A Star Is Born is still eligible in many categories.

Bradley
4 minutes ago, MrDarkGa said:

Is a Star is Born still eligible in 2020? Its pretty over with rn already outside of the fandom so I have serious doubts about it popping up and snatching awards next year (unless that isnt what you meant in which case so sorry).

As for LG6, its a shot in the dark. I don't doubt it will probably debut pretty well but Gaga and her team are pretty hopeless when it comes to album campaigns and single treatments as of late. IMO, the only reason ASIB did so well and Shallow went so far is because it was someone else entirely handling it all. 

Yes it is eligible. It's not over, as long as it's released within the eligibility period, it will be considered by the Grammy committee, and I feel like Gaga will perform INLA and ARUTW soon to keep the momentum going on. And the critics haven't forgotten about ASIB yet, trust me, just look at how people reacted last night when Shallow was performed at the Apple Concert event.

Literally everyone started to record Shallow as soon as the music started, and these weren't even fans.

bloody g
7 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

Grammys are recently spreading awards so they most likely are going to give her BNA

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

bloody g

Pretty sure ASIB will snatch at least 1 or 2. Don't know about LG6, looks like we are never getting it and hype is dead and buried

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Mirages

The delusion is real up in here. :ladyhaha:

I don't expect any other nods than Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media, AOTY (and that's not a certanity it's just that this year is quite weak) and Best Song Written for Visual Media (ARUTW).

Best Pop Solo most certainly will go to Halsey and Without Me that's gonna be a big contender and Best Pop/Duo Group has Old Town Road and that treachery of a song by Ed and JB.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Bradley
16 minutes ago, Mirages said:

The delusion is real up in here. :ladyhaha:

I don't expect any other nods than Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media, AOTY (and that's not a certanity it's just that this year is quite weak) and Best Song Written for Visual Media (ARUTW).

Best Pop Solo most certainly will go to Halsey and Without Me that's gonna be a big contender and Best Pop/Duo Group has Old Town Road and that treachery of a song by Ed and JB.

I'm sorry Without Me might get a nomination, but saying it will win is just... premature.

God Is A Woman and Havana lost to Joanne, and Always Remember Us This Way is stronger than Joanne.

A Star Is Born is a shoe-in nomination for Album of the Year.

I agree about Duo/Group.

Archived