Featured Posts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

LG6 is a perfect Illusion

It's all about HAUS BEAUTY 

:madge:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Bradley
13 hours ago, Thomas P said:

I agree that an AOTY nom will happen, it’s pretty inevitable at this point, but I just don’t see it winning that category. 

Pop/duo group is already stacked like it or not. Unless she releases one of the ASIB collabs as a single and it does well (which definitely won’t happen) than I don’t see it. 

Ed/Justin, old town road, Me!, etc. will hog up the slots

Me! not only underperformed for Taylor's standards, it received also quite a considerable amount of negative reviews. If a positively reviewed single like Look What You Made Me Do and Delicate failed to get Grammy nominations, I don't think Me! would stand a better chance.

I agree that I Don't Care and Old Town Road could get nominations, but I don't think a nomination for Music to My Eyes or Diggin' My Grave is so far-fetched, the Bradley x Gaga chemistry is too powerful to ignore.

Bradley
10 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Adele is Adele. She cannot be used in any argument as an example as she is always the exception.

There have been others that have won back to back years but it's because they maintained the buzz throughout the whole season. ASIB had a ton of buzz early but has since faded thanks to the absence of a second single. 

There are really only 4 slots since half the slots will be for urban albums. Billie and Ariana will take 2 of those 4 which leaves 2 open slots.

Adele is like the most non-problematic star in the music industry, and everyone loves her.

A Star Is Born kinda reshifted the attention on Gaga away from her gimmicks to her natural and raw talent, so I would say Gaga is kinda acclaimed and adored in the same way, the Grammys let her perform for like 5 years consecutively, and consistently recognised each and every era of hers, except for ARTPOP. I think she stands a great chance at getting further recognition from an acclaimed, critically successful, and award-winning soundtrack for movie that emulates the success of its music, critically and commercially.

There's no guarantee that four slots will go to the same genre though?

Like I said, if Black Panther, a movie which doesn't even focus that much on music could get an AOTY nomination, A Star Is Born definitely shouldn't have a problem deserving the very same spot.

KatieJudasGaga4
18 hours ago, Benguan said:

Adele will probably release an album this fall...

I really really wanted ASIB to win but Adele is like a child of the Grammys  :saladga:

They moved the Grammy deadline to August, so if Adele does release in the fall, she won't be eligible

Mr S
11 hours ago, Bradley said:

Adele is like the most non-problematic star in the music industry, and everyone loves her.

A Star Is Born kinda reshifted the attention on Gaga away from her gimmicks to her natural and raw talent, so I would say Gaga is kinda acclaimed and adored in the same way, the Grammys let her perform for like 5 years consecutively, and consistently recognised each and every era of hers, except for ARTPOP. I think she stands a great chance at getting further recognition from an acclaimed, critically successful, and award-winning soundtrack for movie that emulates the success of its music, critically and commercially.

There's no guarantee that four slots will go to the same genre though?

Like I said, if Black Panther, a movie which doesn't even focus that much on music could get an AOTY nomination, A Star Is Born definitely shouldn't have a problem deserving the very same spot.

I don't agree that Black Panther can be compared to ASIB. Black Panther the movie was a far bigger cultural moment than ASIB and it's soundtrack got in because of that. Plus, it's an urban album in a time when the Grammys are looking to include more of those and block big selling pop albums. So it doesn't even have to do as well as comparable pop albums to get in. It doesn't even have to as acclaimed.

And even if you do find them comparable, again, ASIB got it's reward already. Black Panther didn't. If Kendrick won a few awards the year before, the soundtrack likely doesn't get in the next year. 

All of what you said about LG is true. Which why they showered her with nominations last year. Nobody expected the ROTY or Pop Solo nom. The Pop Solo nom and win are probably the biggest WTF moments in recent times. There's really no need to reward the project again after the buzz died down and the era finished.

Also performing is unrelated to winning. The producers loves her and love the attention she brings. But they are not voters. The voters clearly do like her to when she is successful. Which is why they already rewarded her.

Of course I would love for it to be nominated but I don't see it.

Bradley
31 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

I don't agree that Black Panther can be compared to ASIB. Black Panther the movie was a far bigger cultural moment than ASIB and it's soundtrack got in because of that. Plus, it's an urban album in a time when the Grammys are looking to include more of those and block big selling pop albums. So it doesn't even have to do as well as comparable pop albums to get in. It doesn't even have to as acclaimed.

And even if you do find them comparable, again, ASIB got it's reward already. Black Panther didn't. If Kendrick won a few awards the year before, the soundtrack likely doesn't get in the next year. 

All of what you said about LG is true. Which why they showered her with nominations last year. Nobody expected the ROTY or Pop Solo nom. The Pop Solo nom and win are probably the biggest WTF moments in recent times. There's really no need to reward the project again after the buzz died down and the era finished.

Also performing is unrelated to winning. The producers loves her and love the attention she brings. But they are not voters. The voters clearly do like her to when she is successful. Which is why they already rewarded her.

I don't get this notion that just because you were rewarded in 2019, you won't in 2020. Only one song was recognised, that is Shallow, they are not equivalents.

I'm not even saying that it will win AOTY, I'm only saying it will get nominated, which is like agreed on by industry experts as well as fans of award shows. And this is not bias either, the album just has everything an Album of the Year needs, critical acclaim and commercial success, the movie was gigantic as well. Literally nothing about A Star Is Born, from the movie to the music, went wrong.

I'm sorry but I don't think A Star Is Born will be forgotten by the end of the year when Grammy history has shown how they are able to appreciate both music at the beginning and end of the eligibility period.

Bradley

@GrigioGirl1 I just want to remind you that Joanne got nominated and WON a Grammy, at the end of 2018, when the era kinda ended like 1 year earlier upon the conclusion of the Joanne World Tour and the Grammy performance.

This is under the condition that Joanne lacked commercial success (didn't even crack Hot 100), A Star Is Born has like 100 times more what Joanne lacked, it's not very hard to imagine it getting an Album of the Year nomination.

Mr S
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

I don't get this notion that just because you were rewarded in 2019, you won't in 2020. Only one song was recognised, that is Shallow, they are not equivalents.

I'm not even saying that it will win AOTY, I'm only saying it will get nominated, which is like agreed on by industry experts as well as fans of award shows. And this is not bias either, the album just has everything an Album of the Year needs, critical acclaim and commercial success, the movie was gigantic as well. Literally nothing about A Star Is Born, from the movie to the music, went wrong.

I'm sorry but I don't think A Star Is Born will be forgotten by the end of the year when Grammy history has shown how they are able to appreciate both music at the beginning and end of the eligibility period.

Well I actually think it would win IF it got nominated.

I agree that VOTERS will vote for it and won't forget it. My issue is the Panel that oversees the nominations. They go through the list of top 20 vote getters and ensure teh nominations are a good representation that will keep everyone happy. I see them blocking ASIB because it was old news that already had it's day in the sun.

JR Gg
39 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Voters do whatever they please. Lady Gaga is one of the most respectable and biggest artists that have an album in contention. She will be nominated lol.

Grammys are NOT looking for urban albums to block pop albums lol. Pop albums just weren't big last year.

Mr S
2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

@GrigioGirl1 I just want to remind you that Joanne got nominated and WON a Grammy, at the end of 2018, when the era kinda ended like 1 year earlier upon the conclusion of the Joanne World Tour and the Grammy performance.

This is under the condition that Joanne lacked commercial success (didn't even crack Hot 100), A Star Is Born has like 100 times more what Joanne lacked, it's not very hard to imagine it getting an Album of the Year nomination.

That category doesn't have a panel. If they did, trust me they would have blocked it.

And it got voted BECAUSE ASIB was so huge at that time. It was a name check. Voters were crazy for Gaga that time. She probably wins AOTY if the soundtrack came out a day early.

I still think the Panel will block this album.

Bradley
1 minute ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

That category doesn't have a panel. If they did, trust me they would have blocked it.

And it got voted BECAUSE ASIB was so huge at that time. It was a name check. Voters were crazy for Gaga that time. She probably wins AOTY if the soundtrack came out a day early.

I still think the Panel will block this album.

I happen to think that this panel is the last thing we should worry about. I think the chances of it failing at voters are higher than it failing at the panel.

The panel is like a safeguard that is like invoked once in a million years? I don't think they even remember the last time they exercised this veto kind of thing. I think very panned albums will get vetoed, if anything A Star Is Born is helping the Album of the Year category be MORE representative rather than less.

The general categories strive for diversity which includes pop, rap, soundtracks, country and maybe indie. To have one of the most acclaimed soundtracks of (late) 2018 from a Best Picture nominee, starring LADY GAGA, an acclaimed musician, is like the perfect representation of diversity.

I mean sure people loved her in 2018, but what's to think people don't love her in 2019?

Mr S
7 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

Voters do whatever they please. Lady Gaga is one of the most respectable and biggest artists that have an album in contention. She will be nominated lol.

Grammys are NOT looking for urban albums to block pop albums lol. Pop albums just weren't big last year.

They blocked Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift in AOTY...

Bradley
Just now, GrigioGirl1 said:

They blocked Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift in AOTY...

Wait, how do you know it wasn't the result of just simply insufficient votes?

Mr S
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

I happen to think that this panel is the last thing we should worry about. I think the chances of it failing at voters are higher than it failing at the panel.

The panel is like a safeguard that is like invoked once in a million years? I don't think they even remember the last time they exercised this veto kind of thing. I think very panned albums will get vetoed, if anything A Star Is Born is helping the Album of the Year category be MORE representative rather than less.

The general categories strive for diversity which includes pop, rap, soundtracks, country and maybe indie. To have one of the most acclaimed soundtracks of (late) 2018 from a Best Picture nominee, starring LADY GAGA, an acclaimed musician, is like the perfect representation of diversity.

I mean sure people loved her in 2018, but what's to think people don't love her in 2019?

I definitely disagree.

I think based on vote, ASIB will finish top 3. But the panel will be asking themselves is it a good representation of this year. They will see that the era was long over and the lone hit song was rewarded last year. 

They will already have Billie Eillish and Ariana Grande representing pop. There certainly isn't a shortage of pop candidates.

The panel is used every year. It was used when Ed Sheeran was not nominated. It was used when HER and Brandi Carlile and Jay Z were nominated for example.

Archived