Will Gaga dominate the 2020 Grammys?

Bradley

Featured Posts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirages
8 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I'm sorry Without Me might get a nomination, but saying it will win is just... premature.

God Is A Woman and Havana lost to Joanne, and Always Remember Us This Way is stronger than Joanne.

A Star Is Born is a shoe-in nomination for Album of the Year.

I agree about Duo/Group.

Yes but Gaga had a lot of promo behind her at the time thanks to the movie. It's gonna be different this time I think. Also Duo/Group are definitely worst chance for Gaga to win this year has a lot of contenders I think she won't even get a nom theres still sunflower and Sucker that's a lot of competition.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Bradley
7 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Yes but Gaga had a lot of promo behind her at the time thanks to the movie. It's gonna be different this time I think. Also Duo/Group are definitely worst chance for Gaga to win this year has a lot of contenders I think she won't even get a nom theres still sunflower and Sucker that's a lot of competition.

I understand your point, but Gaga is more acclaimed than anyone else tbh. Like I know there were lots of collaborations, like Sucker, 365, Medellin, Me!, Con Calma (Remix), I Don't Care, but they are pretty weak singles? Me! is kinda polarising and received some negative reviews from major critics, Medellin is adored but when was the last time Madonna was able to compete with contemporary stars? 365 and Con Calma weren't huge enough to make an impact in the way Dark Horse did, and let's be honest, Katy Perry is not really respected by the Grammys.

I Don't Care and Sucker can get nominations imo, but a win is still not locked, same about Music to My Eyes and Diggin' My Grave, which have the acclaim, but because they are not singles, they are still not locks as well.

This category is still subject to further changes.

Sunflower might win cause it's like acclaimed and popular, unless something storms in later and snatches its shine away.

Mirages
3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I understand your point, but Gaga is more acclaimed than anyone else tbh. Like I know there were lots of collaborations, like Sucker, 365, Medellin, Me!, Con Calma (Remix), I Don't Care, but they are pretty weak singles? Me! is kinda polarising and received some negative reviews from major critics, Medellin is adored but when was the last time Madonna was able to compete with contemporary stars? 365 and Con Calma weren't huge enough to make an impact in the way Dark Horse did, and let's be honest, Katy Perry is not really respected by the Grammys.

I Don't Care and Sucker can get nominations imo, but a win is still not locked, same about Music to My Eyes and Diggin' My Grave, which have the acclaim, but because they are not singles, they are still not locks as well.

This category is still subject to further changes.

Sunflower might win cause it's like acclaimed and popular, unless something storms in later and snatches its shine away.

This year overall is very weak. Might be best chance for Gaga to win AOTY finally even though I'm not sure she's a shoe in for a nom just yet, because with Grammys you never know. Last year nominations were a big suprise, especially Taylor snubs and Shawn Mendes love. I wouldn't count out Ella Mai album either, she's been shown a lot of love last year and has a lot of acclaim.

JR Gg
1 hour ago, MrDarkGa said:

Is a Star is Born still eligible in 2020? Its pretty over with rn already outside of the fandom so I have serious doubts about it popping up and snatching awards next year (unless that isnt what you meant in which case so sorry). I was honestly surprised Joanne (WDYTYG) got a Grammy this year.

As for LG6, its a shot in the dark. I don't doubt it will probably debut pretty well but Gaga and her team are pretty hopeless when it comes to album campaigns and single treatments for commercial success as of late. It may be that she doesnt care about numbers or has adopted that mindset because of the underperformances in award seasons.  IMO, the only reason ASIB did so well and Shallow went so far is because it was someone else entirely handling it all. It was meticulously planned out and incredibly well executed and was repaid by the longevity.

EDIT: my baby Billie is likely to sweep a good few awards both this year and next as WWAFAWDWG was acclaimed, anticipated and record-breaking even before it dropped. If she and her team handle it well, she's in good shape. 

So many lies and no receipts. A Star Is Born soundtrack is fully handled by Interscope and Gaga's team. 

Your baby, Billie's manager is Gaga's marketing director. Is he incompetent? Lmao

Billie will not sweep a good few awards lol. The most she would win is Best Pop Vocal Album and Best New Artist. That's the ceiling.

JR Gg
1 hour ago, Mirages said:

The delusion is real up in here. :ladyhaha:

I don't expect any other nods than Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media, AOTY (and that's not a certanity it's just that this year is quite weak) and Best Song Written for Visual Media (ARUTW).

Best Pop Solo most certainly will go to Halsey and Without Me that's gonna be a big contender and Best Pop/Duo Group has Old Town Road and that treachery of a song by Ed and JB.

The delusion is worse in this comment. Old Town Road is never gonna win in a hundred years, it's like this year's Despacito. Halsey is only a possibility and I Don't Care won't be cared enough by the voters. The most is a nomination.

MaryJaneHolland

Yes, ASIB will sweep. It has strong chances fro AOTY.

imitalian

I really hope Honey by Robyn gets nominated, I love that album it's so underrated 

Mirages
10 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

The delusion is worse in this comment. Old Town Road is never gonna win in a hundred years, it's like this year's Despacito. Halsey is only a possibility and I Don't Care won't be cared enough by the voters. The most is a nomination.

I didnt say OTR was gonna win :ladyhaha: I said that it;s gonna get a nom whether you like it or not. Halsey is not only a possibility I think she's gonna actually get a ROTY this time around. Also Grammys have become kind of a wild card in the last two or three years and you never know who they gonna nominate (look at Shawn getting SOTY nom last year, like for what?:selena:)

JR Gg
5 minutes ago, Mirages said:

I didnt say OTR was gonna win :ladyhaha: I said that it;s gonna get a nom whether you like it or not. Halsey is not only a possibility I think she's gonna actually get a ROTY this time around. Also Grammys have become kind of a wild card in the last two or three years and you never know who they gonna nominate (look at Shawn getting SOTY nom last year, like for what?:selena:)

For a good song?

RAMROD

No. She likely won't, unless she release something this year before the due dates end.

Meanwhile ASIB OST is eligible, Grammy Academy won't bat an eye on it unless the record label are releasing a new single from it and promoting it. The way Insterscope did it to Joanne (the song) which was released with new mix and an MV.

The reason is there is too much new music to consider and probably more popular between the voting members for this year too.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Benguan

Adele will probably release an album this fall...

I really really wanted ASIB to win but Adele is like a child of the Grammys  :saladga:

Mirages
19 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

For a good song?

Definitely not SOTY material :awkney:

Thomas P

It will get an AOTY nom but that award is not going to her. 

Ariana, Billie, upcoming projects from Taylor and Beyoncé, etc are all way bigger threats. 

SOTY/ROTY she won’t even get nominated, and it’s very unlikely she gets in pop/duo group. 

The movie categories she has a good chance, but don’t count out the lion king. Elton John/Beyoncé (both beloved) reworking one of the most beloved movie soundtracks in history, plus they’re making a new song for it.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

RoverLoader

Iv'e never understood why you guys place so much faith in the grammies. There must be like 600 categories. DO you remember who won best triangle player last year? It's a completely worthless award. It's just an industry circle jerk. It doesn't  mean anything. Milli Vanilli won some ffs.

Archived