💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Going to concert on your own - Experiences?

Davian

Featured Posts

Davian

Hi!

So I was in doubt for quite a while if I should go to Mariah Carey's Caution World Tour on my own. Nobody wanted to go with me so I had to go on my own.:triggered: Well today in the train I said 'f**k it' and did it:ally: But I never went to a concert on my own and I'm really awkward with new people so I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me, or any experiences with going on your own to a concert.
Side-note: It's a seat spot (which makes it even more awkward lol) and there won't be much youth I think:selena:

I'm also seeing my queen Xtina a month later for the first time so I can't wait:giveup::giveup: I'm going with my sister and mother but since my sister is just 10, they bought a seat ticket and I'm standing next to the stage. Maybe extra tips for when you're standing?

Also just tell me if I'm overthinking this but I'm genuinely nervous and excited all at once:ladyhaha:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

MercifulAir

I went to the Joanne World Tour in San Francisco by myself. Quite frankly it was very fun. I got a little wasted but I met 2 girls while smoking a cigarette. I was out in the field and was seated next to a bunch of cool people. We danced, cried and ended up leaving the concert hugging each other. You never know what to expect. Go and have fun. Just remember to be safe and know your surroundings. Much love to you my friend! 

Angelm

I’ve never been to a concert :derpga::bradley:

Have fun being in front of THE skinny legend!

fd1.jpg

androiduser

I've been to concerts alone and had a great time! I could organize everything so that it's a comfortable experience for me, and I had  a blast! I could go when I wanted, select the seats I wanted, come as early/late as I wanted....

Davian
9 hours ago, Aaron Mearns said:

I went to the Joanne World Tour in San Francisco by myself. Quite frankly it was very fun. I got a little wasted but I met 2 girls while smoking a cigarette. I was out in the field and was seated next to a bunch of cool people. We danced, cried and ended up leaving the concert hugging each other. You never know what to expect. Go and have fun. Just remember to be safe and know your surroundings. Much love to you my friend! 

Thank you for sharing your experience!:kara: That sounds like such a blast! Hoping I’ll get as lucky as you with the people I meet:pray:

Davian
9 hours ago, Angelm said:

I’ve never been to a concert :derpga::bradley:

Have fun being in front of THE skinny legend!

fd1.jpg

How come you’ve never been to a concert?:) If I may ask of course:laughga:

And thank you!!:tony:

Davian
8 hours ago, androiduser said:

I've been to concerts alone and had a great time! I could organize everything so that it's a comfortable experience for me, and I had  a blast! I could go when I wanted, select the seats I wanted, come as early/late as I wanted....

That sounds comfortable indeed! I always want to come pretty early, especially when I’m standing but normally the other person doesn’t want to:huntyga: So that sounds great:)

Thank you for sharing that:kara:

Angelm
12 hours ago, Davian said:

How come you’ve never been to a concert?:) If I may ask of course:laughga:

And thank you!!:tony:

All the artists that come to my country aren’t worth it, the only like “mainstream” ones that have come are: Maroon 5, Fifth Harmony, Justin Bieber, just to mention a few, then there’s only reggaeton concerts, or like mom music :derpga:

I’m saving my first experience for an artist that’s worth it, but I may have to travel to another country, I want Gaga to be my first concert, but I doubt that :messga:

Gimme More

hey, honestly you'll have a great time and will be surrounded by people who also love the artist you're going to see!

i went to see Britney on my own twice as my friends wouldn't pay the amount i was willing to pay :selena::ladyhaha: but anyway, it was amazing as i got to make friends with the people around me and i found that a lot of people actually go to concerts on their own and we bonded over our love for britney! i actually still keep in contact with some people i met! you'll have a great time, i promise :heart: 

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Haroon

I’ve gone to loads of concerts by myself :happy: Most of my friends don’t share the same music taste, and if they do then majority wouldn’t be prepared to get to the venue quite early and wait in line to secure a good standing spot, or they wouldn’t be willing to pay for an early entry ticket and so on :sweat:

My first concert alone was a seated one as well, Madonna actually :laughga: To be honest I think going with friends to concerts mostly just affects the journey to and from the venue and the interludes between when you get to interact. Other than that all of your focus is on the person performing, you’re there for them, you’re not there for your friends (if that makes sense :duck:). You don’t even need to talk to the people around you if you don’t want to, just go there to enjoy the music that you love. People don’t really judge anyway, loads of people go alone and if anyone does judge you then I don’t think it matters because you’ll probably never see each other again :toofunny:

When you’re standing it’s easier I think because in the queue you’re saving each other’s spots if you need to go to the little men’s/women’s room or get food or so on. Also people are quite open and friendly in general because you’re all there for the same reason so if you want then it’s easier to open conversation about your experience with that artist and favourite songs/albums which can build :party: Just know that people don’t really care if you’re there alone or not, you’re all there for yourself and the artist you’re seeing. If people are going with friends then they’re forgetting about their friends while the performer’s on :fan:

I wish I had the confidence to do it. None of my mates listen to the broad range of genres I listen to, so I miss out so many potential gigs. Janelle Monae, Carly Rae Jepsen, Nothing But Thieves, CupcakKe, etc. I could've easily gone to these concerts alone but I can never bring myself to do it haha

i sometimes get awkward at store checkouts, how on earth would i cope with a gig alone?? 🤨🤨

Davian
19 hours ago, Angelm said:

All the artists that come to my country aren’t worth it, the only like “mainstream” ones that have come are: Maroon 5, Fifth Harmony, Justin Bieber, just to mention a few, then there’s only reggaeton concerts, or like mom music :derpga:

I’m saving my first experience for an artist that’s worth it, but I may have to travel to another country, I want Gaga to be my first concert, but I doubt that :messga:

Oh I get that, that’s a bummer:ohno: I’m hoping for you Gaga will do a big WW tour again just like the BTWB! Or at least close:kara:

Davian
2 hours ago, Gimme More said:

hey, honestly you'll have a great time and will be surrounded by people who also love the artist you're going to see!

i went to see Britney on my own twice as my friends wouldn't pay the amount i was willing to pay :selena::ladyhaha: but anyway, it was amazing as i got to make friends with the people around me and i found that a lot of people actually go to concerts on their own and we bonded over our love for britney! i actually still keep in contact with some people i met! you'll have a great time, i promise :heart: 

That sounds so nice!:kara: Thank you for sharing your story, it makes me a little bit less nervous:heart:

Davian
2 hours ago, Haroon said:

I’ve gone to loads of concerns by myself :happy: Most of my friends don’t share the same music taste, and if they do then majority wouldn’t be prepared to get to the venue quite early and wait in line to secure a good standing spot, or they wouldn’t be willing to pay for an early entry ticket and so on :sweat:

My first concern alone was a seated one as well, Madonna actually :laughga: To be honest I think going with friends to concerts mostly just affects the journey to and from the venue and the interludes between when you get to interact. Other than that all of your focus is on the person performing, you’re there for them, you’re not there for your friends (if that makes sense :duck:). You don’t even need to talk to the people around you if you don’t want to, just go there to enjoy the music that you love. People don’t really judge anyway, loads of people go alone and if anyone does judge you then I don’t think it matters because you’ll probably never see each other again :toofunny:

When you’re standing it’s easier I think because in the queue you’re saving each other’s spots if you need to go to the little men’s/women’s room or get food or so on. Also people are quite open and friendly in general because you’re all there for the same reason so if you want then it’s easier to open conversation about your experience with that artist and favourite songs/albums which can build :party: Just know that people don’t really care if you’re there alone or not, you’re all there for yourself and the artist you’re seeing. If people are going with friends then they’re forgetting about their friends while the performer’s on :fan:

Everything you just said made total sense! ‘Cause it’s very true that people forget the people their with when the performer is on. I experienced that too, but there still is a part of me that likes to have someone as backup, if that makes sense. Even if it’s just some eye contact every once in a while:oops:

But honestly I should just step out of that thought because all the comments so far sounds like I’ll have a wonderful time, even if I’m as awkward as I am:laughga:

Thank you for the respond, it really helped:heart:

The Child

I saw G-Eazy alone last year and it was amazing honestly! I met a girl and ever since then we talk a lot on Instagram and all.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived