Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Lady Gaga Performing at Apple Park

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

imnotyourbabe10
11 hours ago, glagerfeld said:

was there like a stream or somewhere to watch?

This was the best I could find this weekend.  It's kind of spliced and the audio cuts in and out but it's something?  Hope you enjoy! :pawsup:

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nemo
On 5/18/2019 at 6:11 AM, Nemo said:

Ah, sorry, I didn't realize [the TiVoCommunity thread] was members-only. But they really didn't say anything interesting, in the end.

Now it's turned into a debate over whether this kind of gig is "selling out" (actually one guy saying that, and everyone else piling on to say no).

AJRocketMan
On 5/18/2019 at 10:03 AM, andy232000 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, ever since Enigma began, her voice has been going on a downward spiral and ya’ll just don't want to face it. Is she bad? No. Is she the best she’s ever sound? NO. 

It doesnt have to be a bad thing, but when you currently cant top your past then you declined, simple as that. He voice has shifted over the years and thats natural, but dont come make excuses when ALL of enigmas shows have presented some very sketchy vocals. Plus, she has been lowering the key of her songs since the JWT (i’ve noticed that almost all songs now that i am editing the show). Homegirl just cant reach her old range, which makes sense because she wrote those songs at 22, and women's voices suffer heavy changes until 24

Men and women don’t experience timbral changes in their voices after age 20 unless they f*ck up somehow. The quality of Madonna’s and Michael Jackson’s voices never changed over the years, and they lived a much more demanding life on tour than Gaga did. Gaga’s voice changed dramatically from 20 to 23 because of cocaine, not age and maturity.

Anyways, I’m kind of surprised this has been happening to her. Her songs aren’t that difficult to sing. I hope she gets better.

glagerfeld
On 5/19/2019 at 7:52 AM, imnotyourbabe10 said:

This was the best I could find this weekend.  It's kind of spliced and the audio cuts in and out but it's something?  Hope you enjoy! :pawsup:

i really appreciate it, thank you <3

fluidcarebear
1 hour ago, AJRocketMan said:

Men and women don’t experience timbral changes in their voices after age 20 unless they f*ck up somehow. The quality of Madonna’s and Michael Jackson’s voices never changed over the years, and they lived a much more demanding life on tour than Gaga did. Gaga’s voice changed dramatically from 20 to 23 because of cocaine, not age and maturity.

Anyways, I’m kind of surprised this has been happening to her. Her songs aren’t that difficult to sing. I hope she gets better.

Madonna’s timbre never changes much because she barely sings. Lol Also, a lot of Gaga’s songs are very difficult to sing with accuracy. 

Tiny Purse
1 hour ago, AJRocketMan said:

That's not true...voices keep maturing until early-mid 30s. 

AJRocketMan
2 hours ago, fluidcarebear said:

Madonna’s timbre never changes much because she barely sings. Lol Also, a lot of Gaga’s songs are very difficult to sing with accuracy. 

I myself am a singer and transpose the keys of female songs to suit my male voice (I’m a Lyric Tenor). Most of Gaga’s songs aren’t that difficult to sing. They’re purposely written to be easy. She does have difficult songs, most of which are on ARTPOP. As for Madonna, listen to Evita and Ray of Light; she also has older songs where she does in fact, sing (Dress You Up, Into the Groove, Express Yourself, Lucky Star, Papa Don’t Preach). She just wasn’t addicted to drugs like Gaga was for a couple of years.

2 hours ago, Tiny Purse said:

That's not true...voices keep maturing until early-mid 30s. 

In terms of weight, not timbre. And once again, voices don’t just change out of the blue. They only suddenly get lower because of vocal damage. This isn’t puberty we’re talking about.

Tiny Purse
30 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

I myself am a singer and transpose the keys of female songs to suit my male voice (I’m a Lyric Tenor). Most of Gaga’s songs aren’t that difficult to sing. They’re purposely written to be easy. She does have difficult songs, most of which are on ARTPOP. As for Madonna, listen to Evita and Ray of Light; she also has older songs where she does in fact, sing (Dress You Up, Into the Groove, Express Yourself, Lucky Star, Papa Don’t Preach). She just wasn’t addicted to drugs like Gaga was for a couple of years.

In terms of weight, not timbre. And once again, voices don’t just change out of the blue. They only suddenly get lower because of vocal damage. This isn’t puberty we’re talking about.

Again going to have to disagree with that (I'm a professional opera singer with a masters to give myself some sort of credibility). Voices can change dramatically out of the blue when people are in their early twenties. The vocal chords continue to develop and the muscles around them will continue to harden as someone gets older, causing a more deep and mature sound. For some people this can happen faster then others. Often, the bigger and rounder the voice, the more dramatic the change is (why someone like Ariana has sounded pretty consistent- she has a light voice and uses a lot of mix/head voice).  Madonna didn't really start until she was a tad older then Gaga (25,26) plus she has a much lighter sound and has not attempted to develop bigger parts of her range (such as Gaga doing so with Jazz). 

Of course drugs and other things can have impact, but some of Gaga's best vocals came during Joanna era. I saw her at the Cheek to Cheek Tour and the Jazz & Piano show, and her vocals were improved ten fold in the jazz and piano show. 

AJRocketMan
2 hours ago, Tiny Purse said:

Again going to have to disagree with that (I'm a professional opera singer with a masters to give myself some sort of credibility). Voices can change dramatically out of the blue when people are in their early twenties. The vocal chords continue to develop and the muscles around them will continue to harden as someone gets older, causing a more deep and mature sound. For some people this can happen faster then others. Often, the bigger and rounder the voice, the more dramatic the change is (why someone like Ariana has sounded pretty consistent- she has a light voice and uses a lot of mix/head voice).  Madonna didn't really start until she was a tad older then Gaga (25,26) plus she has a much lighter sound and has not attempted to develop bigger parts of her range (such as Gaga doing so with Jazz). 

Of course drugs and other things can have impact, but some of Gaga's best vocals came during Joanna era. I saw her at the Cheek to Cheek Tour and the Jazz & Piano show, and her vocals were improved ten fold in the jazz and piano show. 

Of course the vocal folds change throughout your life, but very gradually. The most dramatic changes are hormonal. Gaga was well past that stage when she debuted. She was a grown woman—not a teenage boy. Her voice changes have been due to poor lifestyle choices, not the laws of nature. And Gaga naturally has/had a light voice. She is a lyric, not a dramatic. Listen to the Red & Blue EP. She was a lyric soprano. That was before the coke. Post-cocaine she sounded totally different. There’s no way a woman can go from Fancy Pants to Bad Romance naturally; those songs sound like two completely different women, and yet she was 20 and 23 when she recorded those. The reason Ariana and Madonna have remained consistent is because they don’t abuse drugs and never have, although Ariana does weed (but that’s not a drug).

That last paragraph makes it very hard for me to believe you are a professional opera singer. She was very very obviously better during Cheek to Cheek than she was during Jazz and Piano. During the Cheek to Cheek tour, she sounded clean, clear, and relaxed. She sounds tense during Jazz and Piano and she has a harder time hitting certain notes that used to be easy for her during C2C and AP. She can’t even belt F5’s anymore and anything above C#5 sounds tight. If you are indeed a pro opera singer, you should easily be able to detect these things, and yet you say she “improved tenfold” in her most recent Jazz show compared to C2C.

Tiny Purse
16 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

Of course the vocal folds change throughout your life, but very gradually. The most dramatic changes are hormonal. Gaga was well past that stage when she debuted. She was a grown woman—not a teenage boy. Her voice changes have been due to poor lifestyle choices, not the laws of nature. And Gaga naturally has/had a light voice. She is a lyric, not a dramatic. Listen to the Red & Blue EP. She was a lyric soprano. That was before the coke. Post-cocaine she sounded totally different. There’s no way a woman can go from Fancy Pants to Bad Romance naturally; those songs sound like two completely different women, and yet she was 20 and 23 when she recorded those. The reason Ariana and Madonna have remained consistent is because they don’t abuse drugs and never have, although Ariana does weed (but that’s not a drug).

That last paragraph makes it very hard for me to believe you are a professional opera singer. She was very very obviously better during Cheek to Cheek than she was during Jazz and Piano. During the Cheek to Cheek tour, she sounded clean, clear, and relaxed. She sounds tense during Jazz and Piano and she has a harder time hitting certain notes that used to be easy for her during C2C and AP. She can’t even belt F5’s anymore and anything above C#5 sounds tight. If you are indeed a pro opera singer, you should easily be able to detect these things, and yet you say she “improved tenfold” in her most recent Jazz show compared to C2C.

To me the improvement is not in her ability to hit a high note, but the overall quality of her voice and her ability to showcase different colors. Everyone was sort of one note for me in C2C tour, and I thought she showcased a lot more variety in sound and color in the Jazz & Piano show. Her version of "Someone to watch over me" was my favorite example of this. 

• 2 weeks later...
Der Meister
On 5/21/2019 at 12:31 PM, Tiny Purse said:

To me the improvement is not in her ability to hit a high note, but the overall quality of her voice and her ability to showcase different colors. Everyone was sort of one note for me in C2C tour, and I thought she showcased a lot more variety in sound and color in the Jazz & Piano show. Her version of "Someone to watch over me" was my favorite example of this. 

Yeah but that was the only day she was able to sing it like that. She wasn’t able on the other shows. 

HiWayUniCorn

I wanted to comment on the whole gaga sounds strained debate. I saw the JWT  twice and thought she sounded better than ever. I have not listened to anything from Enigma era since I am going in October and don't want to ruin the surprise. As a trained singer myself  here are a some reasons people might hear changes. To those saying your voice doesn't change much after your 20s: Actually as a singer the most dramatic change to your voice outside of puberty is in your late 20s early 30s some of the soft tissue around your vocal chords begins to clarify, hardening and turning to bone; your voice becomes even lower and less forgiving. Bruce Springsteen is a great example of this, you can listen to recordings before he is 30 and after and hear the difference and Morgan Freeman has said he did get his signature deep voice until his 30s. In the heyday of opera, singers didn't make there debut until this change. Lastly Vegas is a dry climate with no humidity something not great for a singers voice. Which may also add to the strained sound. I am sure Gaga has the best people around her helping her and she's is only going to get better with time!

Archived