• Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter

lol i remember when you would get BUTCHERED for daring to say you supported her

ah aren't we all just a bunch of hypocrits

chaeri pls

itsmebuddy
3 hours ago, davflz said:

This cover is kind of terrible tho :poot: it has barely any contrast, and if you'd see that on your phone you could barely even make out melanie or the album title. The proportions are also so unbalanced and terrible for an album cover :air: It lacks impact or focus

Yeah...I get that she was trying to make it bright-ish but this is definitely not the best picture she could of chosen. You can’t even see her, and the bus just looks out of place. And it doesn’t even have her name on it, all it says is K-12, which imo would lead a buyer away. If you haven’t heard of her and you see her album in stores, you’re not gonna be able to tell who it is.

totally stream "bedroom floor" by it's me, buddy :D

Lumi
1 hour ago, MrDarkGa said:

Timothy made the mistake of creating a big story for publicity without researching imo. Her adamant date of her assualt was a proven impossibility due to their locations, afyer which it changed a few times, citing bad memory. Also, to then be so opposed to taking it to court when she has already told her 'truth' publically, later viral, is super sketchy. She made no attempt to involve legal forces as she hadn't the grounds to. She would be laughed out of court as a result of her inconsistencies and constant time, date and detail changes. The #MeToo movement was gaining a lot of traction at this time so I believe she mounted and abused the movement for her own gain; to promote herself as a musician amd artist.  It ultimately failed. She got roughly two weeks of fame and then faded back into the woodwork and Melanie seems to be stronger than ever. 

Don't we all stan the same woman that said this?

So we are all saying this chick lied because she couldn't remember the date? And we all know how tricky and difficult it is to go to court months after being raped, especially if you didn't explicitly say "no". (You have to consent, the lack of a yes doesn't mean yes.) I mean Melanie did confirm via Twitter that she did have sexual relationships with her (but she never said no so she took it as consent.)

Maybe (maybe) she made up the whole thing, but you can't call her a liar because of what you said. Rape is way more complex and some people realize what the whole situation was months after it happened. So let's not generalize and call a possible sexual assault survivor a liar just because they can't remember everything exactly or they didn't go to court.

underneath the pine

davflz
24 minutes ago, gagapoppy said:

Yeah...I get that she was trying to make it bright-ish but this is definitely not the best picture she could of chosen. You can’t even see her, and the bus just looks out of place. And it doesn’t even have her name on it, all it says is K-12, which imo would lead a buyer away. If you haven’t heard of her and you see her album in stores, you’re not gonna be able to tell who it is.

yeah it's horrible marketing-wise. You can't pull of a cryptic cover when you're a relatively unknown artist :awkney:

From what I'm gathering, this album is themed around the school her character Crybaby does to in the context of the fictional world she is building with her music. I think you could convey that connection in much more striking ways. This cover doesn't convey a very distinctive mood or atmosphere, which is kind of crucial with her, considering extravagant visuals are a huge part of her image. 

Galagala
5 hours ago, RudzXinc said:

Love it!!! Looks like Barbie version of Kappa House

5 hours ago, davflz said:

This cover is kind of terrible tho :poot: it has barely any contrast, and if you'd see that on your phone you could barely even make out melanie or the album title. The proportions are also so unbalanced and terrible for an album cover :air: It lacks impact or focus

You do know that this cover is sampling from 2014 film, "the Grand Budapest Hotel",right? 

Galagala
1 hour ago, finneas said:

so creative

much innovation

1 hour ago, gagapoppy said:

This is nothing  "innovative" lol.:ladyhaha:

Don't you recognize that this is sampling from the 2014 film, "Grand Budapest hotel"?

Tom Nook

I actually like the washed out pastel color scheme 

large.jpg

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

aaron l

Literally most album art doesn't include text anymore, so I don't understand the complaints in that aspect.

moonboywow
2 hours ago, Gardevoir said:

I actually like the washed out pastel color scheme 

large.jpg

You're not alone. People just wanna hate because of the false allegations 

gag

I don't have an opinion on the accusations (the whole situation is just too much of a mess to ever truly sort out, both Timothy and Melanie seem suspicious in some capacity), but it's kind of disheartening to see y'all talk about it like this.

Rape victims have no obligation to take their rapist to court, rape victims often have lapses in memory, rape victims can be 'friends' with their rapist for months afterwards, the victim being 'fine' now, years after the event has occurred, isn't abnormal. Trauma is unpredictable and to label Timothy a liar on those grounds alone is misguided. But then again, Timothy's claims aren't all that substantiated either. 

I'm still interested in Melanie musical/visual output but catch me illegally downloading it.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Rudz Xinc

Are we going to get a release date today?

We got teaser 2 days ago.

We got album cover yesterday.

Look at those clowns

Archived