Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jeff Koons sculpture sells for record $91 MILLION

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

3-foot-tall silver bunny just set an art world record. Rabbit, by the playful and controversial artist Jeff Koons, sold for more than $91 million at Christie's Auction House – the most ever for work by a living artist at auction.

Robert Mnuchin, an art dealer and the father of the Treasury Secretary, had the winning bid on behalf of a client. 

The stainless steel sculpture is a faceless space bunny, a balloon that's not a balloon. The piece was one of 11 works that were offered from the collection of magazine publisher S.I. Newhouse, the longtime chairman of Condé Nast who died in 2017. 

"The work is considered the holy grail of Koons works among certain collecting circles, and the bunny's allure was burnished by the fact that Newhouse was its longtime owner," Artnet writes. "It also received an extraordinary pre-sale display at Christie's with a custom-built room that perched the rabbit on a pedestal surrounded by lighting mimicking a James Turrell installation."

(more in the link)

:triggered:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s it. I’m becoming a pop artist. I will make giant inflatable bananas and paint them in chrome and make millions. new years success GIF by Manny404

Would the person that wasted 91 million on a metal rabbit like to pay off my schooling 

3 minutes ago, brownie said:

That’s it. I’m becoming a pop artist. I will make giant inflatable bananas and paint them in chrome and make millions. new years success GIF by Manny404

Except that's nothing like his process and the work that goes into his iconic metal pieces is ridiculous 

200.gif

liquidsunshine
1 minute ago, jsn said:

Would the person that wasted 91 million on a metal rabbit like to pay off my schooling 

It’s never wasted. These people know what they are doing, mostly it’s money laundering scheme.

LaLa

Whoa, that's crazy!

I wonder what they did with that huge Gaga sculpture? Is it just in a warehouse somewhere?

LateToCult
1 minute ago, liquidsunshine said:

It’s never wasted. These people know what they are doing, mostly it’s money laundering scheme.

^ This

myluis617

I wonder how much the sculpture he made of her would sell at if it ever went up for auction...

myluis617

I wonder how much the sculpture he made of her would sell at if it ever went up for auction...

Zander
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

:koons:

a1b62ffadce28daa74c0a4725ce67e1b.jpg

Does anyone know where this sculpture is now?

Archived