💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jeff Koons sculpture sells for record $91 MILLION

LateToCult

Featured Posts

JohnnyVersace
27 minutes ago, dimitristhe said:

I studied history of art because I am a museologist. I've studied modern art and is not my cup of tea.
I don't enjoy it and I don't find it that interesting.

That "bunny" doesn't make me think or feel something, I just admire Koons technical skills and nothing else.  Maybe I was a little harsh when I said that is nothing special. 

You just can't compare Michelangelo and Rodin to Koons, that's idiotic, and it's surprising that an art-historian would do so. They're incredibly different, using different materials that were available, in entirely different time periods. And while it might not make you feel something, there's a reason why it's selling for $91million, and a reason Gaga incorporated his work into an entire era, and a reason why there have been countless exhibits and retrospectives on his work, and a reason why he is commissioned for public works, and I could go on and on and on. :usrs:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dimitristhe
27 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

You just can't compare Michelangelo and Rodin to Koons, that's idiotic, and it's surprising that an art-historian would do so. They're incredibly different, using different materials that were available, in entirely different time periods. And while it might not make you feel something, there's a reason why it's selling for $91million, and a reason Gaga incorporated his work into an entire era, and a reason why there have been countless exhibits and retrospectives on his work, and a reason why he is commissioned for public works, and I could go on and on and on. :usrs:

Actually that's something we were doing often  in my art class. We compared different pieces of art from different periods and different styles. My art proffesor was working at Louvre and Museum Orsay for years, she obviously knew what she was doing. And that's the point, to compare some totally different pieces of art and see how each artist made his work, what he was trying to say and what made us feel. Is a good way to learn the characteristics of each art period and movement and how they connect. 
I don't wanna discuss the reason why his work is selling 91 million because is obvious that we have different opinions and I'm not gonna change mine and so do you I guess :)

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

Quartz

The **** people waste their money on :koons:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

joannethenight
6 hours ago, liquidsunshine said:

It’s never wasted. These people know what they are doing, mostly it’s money laundering scheme.

this.

🌹

JusKeepBreathin

Was it an online auction. Maybe they meant 9.1 million?:koons:

The abosolute upserdity.  :saladga:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

TimisaMonster
9 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Art increases in value over time and is easily resold, just like extremely expensive Hermes bags. 

So actually, it's a great purchase, just expensive, so...:awkney:

So itll just be an even dumber purchase from an even richer person years from now...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

I wonder how it were sold actually, because a lot of "record breaking" art sells are actually staged : for exemple Damien Hirst's skull  "For the Love Of God" was sold to a anonymous acquirer... who actually was himself :saladga: (  his own compagny )... just to maintain his quotation.

There is nothing but money speculation behind this kind of artists :fthis:

Archived