Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jeff Koons sculpture sells for record $91 MILLION

LateToCult

Featured Posts

ChromeAngel
19 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

I'm sorry but I do believe in such things as EXTREMELY dumb purchases....

bUt It'S aRt!!! :madge:

I agree but It is what it is. These insanely wealthy people have entirely different values and points of view than us. They’re on a whole other wavelength.

To me i see this and think “that money could literally transform a third world country”             The world has always been and always will be this way :deadbanana:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anisko

As an artist I have a deep respect for ART specially if it's different and original and have a story to tell .. But somebody tell me what's so original and different in this or in koons "art" in general ? 

JohnnyVersace
1 hour ago, FlopSlurper said:

Not even Gaga could save them :'-(

FireShot+Screen+Capture+%23004+-+'Twitte

JohnnyVersace
48 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

I'm sorry but I do believe in such things as EXTREMELY dumb purchases....

bUt It'S aRt!!! :madge:

Art increases in value over time and is easily resold, just like extremely expensive Hermes bags. 

So actually, it's a great purchase, just expensive, so...:awkney:

33 minutes ago, brownie said:

It’s a joke / commentary on the still-ridiculous art economy so chill 

star on fox GIF by Fox TV

You said literally nothing relevant to the art economy. Let's not drag art legends to make commentary on the rich people playing monopoly with their work.

200.gif

The Fame

I love art and think artists should absolutely be recognized for their work and paid fairly, but honestly? 91 MILLION DOLLARS for a 3 foot sculpture just feels...gross? Like those oodles and oodles of cash could buy tens of thousands of food items or medicine, or be put into community parks/infrastructure or something. Or it could pay for hundreds of local artists around the country to put art installations into their towns...idk. 

42 minutes ago, Anisko said:

As an artist I have a deep respect for ART specially if it's different and original and have a story to tell .. But somebody tell me what's so original and different in this or in koons "art" in general ? 

Well it's a 90 million dollar funhouse mirror rabbit balloon made out of solid stainless steel. He's a master of modern pop art.

I wouldn't call this original or different because it's over 30 years old and an extremely famous piece to people who follow the art world, but I'm sure at the time it was novel in it's frivolity after the previous generation of extremely serious pop artists.

Nikolai Barrow

Sadly this has less to do with art and more to do with money and status

MercifulAir

Meanwhile I have $10 in my account and I’m about to blow it on In N Out! 

dimitristhe

I can't understand why people spend so much  money for these art pieces. Most people use art to make them look wealthy and sophisticated, but this is not the true meaning of art.
This statue looks good but is just a bunny, nothing special. Just compare it with Michelangelo's Pietà, Rodin's The Kiss and The Burghers of Calais. I mean the bunny looks good but I just can't appreciate it much. 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

JohnnyVersace
40 minutes ago, dimitristhe said:

I can't understand why people spend so much  money for these art pieces. Most people use art to make them look wealthy and sophisticated, but this is not the true meaning of art.
This statue looks good but is just a bunny, nothing special. Just compare it with Michelangelo's Pietà, Rodin's The Kiss and The Burghers of Calais. I mean the bunny looks good but I just can't appreciate it much. 

In which you make it painfully clear that you don't understand modern art, and the cultural significance it carries. 

alextruper17

How much would you pay for Gagas sculpture ?

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

dimitristhe
15 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

In which you make it painfully clear that you don't understand modern art, and the cultural significance it carries. 

I studied history of art because I am a museologist. I've studied modern art and is not my cup of tea.
I don't enjoy it and I don't find it that interesting.

That "bunny" doesn't make me think or feel something, I just admire Koons technical skills and nothing else.  Maybe I was a little harsh when I said that is nothing special. 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

Archived